PsyTrance Discussion and Stuff ver. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't heard the new OTT yet.
How does it compare to Blumenkraft?

Missed him @ Rainbow Serpent :( but eat Static chill was too good:D

^ i'm seeing/hearing ott on saturday in san francisco. if skylon's the new one, it is pretty good...

alasdair

miasma said:
Haven't heard the new OTT yet.
How does it compare to Blumenkraft?

Still sinking in at the moment, but as it stands I'd say that its best tracks are the equal of Blumenkraft but it doesn't have quite the cohesion that that album had.

But yeah, it is excellent & as you'd expect from Ott absolutely crystal-clear in terms of production. He seems to find places in the sonic spectrum that I didn't know existed.

turkeyphant said:
Just packing up some lighting and decor for Wonky Disco this Saturday. Hope to see some of you there...

http://www.wonkydisco.com/

Nice fucking line-up, Prometheus, Scorb, Tron....lucky you! Have a blast, I WISH I was seeing prometheus....:(

:)

alasdairm said:
^ i'm seeing/hearing ott on saturday in san francisco. if skylon's the new one, it is pretty good...

alasdair

lucky!! i wish i had known, i could've made a trip up there to see the show.

:( that sucks. i had decided not to go as the tickets are nearly $50 but a bunch of friends are going so i chaged my mind yesterday...

alasdair

indeed. enjoy the show anyway :)

summertime is just around the corner so i expect there will be plenty more shows for me to attend. hope to see you soon <3

...and it could not have come soon enough. The winter kind of gets me down.

Its almost over though!

I'm going to see Mubali, Paradigm, and a bunch of quality regional/locals in about a month (a few days before my b-day. schweet). First stomp of the year for my part. Aww yeah.

The psy party/festival season is going to be pretty intense in the central/midwest US this year. Lots of good stuff cooking.

New Electric Universe - Burning. Haven't listened yet. Will report soon

Its kinda... meh, IMHO.

Gonna see Hydraglyph at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Very amped, Euphonics is one of my favourite albums. :D

The same guys bringing down Eskimo next week are thinking of either Electric Universe or Prometheus for their next party.

^Seconded, Electric Universe have turned to crap imo. Just sounds like Space Tribe. Prometheus for the win...

I think Twisted is easily the most uniques psy label; nothing typical comes out of it really. I'm digging Western Rebel Alliance, Younger Brother, Promethues, The GBU, Koxbox...all these artists I will return to time after time, whereas someone like Space Tribe is fun for about 30 mins. Then its just redundant.

Anyone listen to Phi? I think Phinalizer is a really awesome album, it gets me pumped for sure.

2002001507_mobile_l.jpg

fizzacyst said:
Man, I love KoxBox for pounding psy.

Yeah, U-turn is a great album. They remind quite a lot of Eat Static in that it's closer to psychedelic techno than trance a lot of times. Fucking bangin' whichever way you look at it! =D

^I think a lot of Twisted psy releases have that techy edge...Prometheus particularly...

Hydragylph were very cool :p

One thing you guys are missing out on is an act called ON which have played a lot of parties here but are unfortunately breaking up so I doubt you'll see any releases. Their stuff is solid, solid, booming, techy daytime music...Really awesome.

Has any one heard the Psynina album Sexy Secret? All that scandal revolving around the fact that "Nina" doesn't actually exist and it's just Thomas of Psytropic records producing music and creating a fake character probably puts a lot of people off, but it's a really, really good album.

^I hate Psynina. I also hate Dali. Who needs that shit in this music really, just get out there and play or don't, I don't need to see some mediocre looking chick miming badly to crap trance.

End rant. Sorry to completey rain on your parade, but psynina whoever it is- the music has always sucked. For me its all about the jazzy progressions of Decoy at the minute, Push Button Pony eclipses Not responding to light. I find the sax wailing a bit out of pace at times though.

yes psynina and dali suck ass. don't forget massive even if she was part of Sirius Isness, who at one time were making some pretty good stuff

I checked out scorb's new release and I have to say I am kind of on the fence about it. I like it and have been listening to it quite a bit, but there is something about it that just bothers me. I generally don't listen to stuff this dark, but I kinda like the darkness of it at the same time. I kind of feel like the tracks are too drawn out or that it is under sampled, but that doesn't seem to be it either. Anyone else feel like this about it?

Also it kind of reminded me of Ace Ventura's Rebirth, which is one of my all time favorites.

swilow said:
^I hate Psynina. I also hate Dali. Who needs that shit in this music really, just get out there and play or don't, I don't need to see some mediocre looking chick miming badly to crap trance.

End rant. Sorry to completey rain on your parade, but psynina whoever it is- the music has always sucked. For me its all about the jazzy progressions of Decoy at the minute, Push Button Pony eclipses Not responding to light. I find the sax wailing a bit out of pace at times though.

Hehe, I really dig the first three tracks of Sexy Secret.

"For as long as I can remember...I have dreamed of going into space" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.