PsyTrance Discussion and Stuff ver. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Bugger, Cosmology is a classic.

He dropped hard after Transcendance I think. New album (Fumbling for the Funky Frequency I believe) is just plain and boring; though dance-worthy....Just dull though

Yeah, but did you not hear his last one?!

Psychedelica Melodica was utter garbage.

Also- DO NOT ANYONE go near Psychoz latest album, Morning Glory. From a decent 'darkish' twilight sound, he's gone to utter crud. Theres a version of Come as You Are by Nirvana- it is utterly fucked. Made me mad :X

I've been listyening to Annodalleb- dAAth- awesome electronica with a remix by Hallucinogen- get it :):)

Why so much drooling over psykovsky? I saw him a few monthes ago and it was the same boring dark psy shit that has been ruining dancefloors globally for several years now. Honestly, every single track sounds exactly the same and it is just so dark I can not have fun to it. They mixing was very unremarkable as well.

Damn I can't wait until morning is en vogue again, sadly I think suomi is the next big style to hit.

Why so much drooling over psykovsky? I saw him a few monthes ago and it was the same boring dark psy shit that has been ruining dancefloors globally for several years now. Honestly, every single track sounds exactly the same and it is just so dark I can not have fun to it. They mixing was very unremarkable as well.

Damn I can't wait until morning is en vogue again, sadly I think suomi is the next big style to hit.

glad I'm not the only one that finds Psykovsky fucking boring as shit, hahahah

Last edited:
suomi kicks ass, great form of psy definitely

but as in the past, goa is where its at

cant wait to see Aerosis in 2 weeks.

What the fuck? Morning is massively en vogue far far far more than any dark psy. Lots of parties play morning music all night, hardly any have anything at the dark end of the spectrum anywhere close to Psykovsky. Fair enough he might not be your cup of tea but drop some acid before a set and then tell me it's "boring" or not psychedelic....

PsyGhost, you're a lucky boy to be going to the Aerosis party. They're awesome, I wish I could be there. Whole lineup is awesome.

I definitely enjoyed Psykovsky when I saw him...

Is anyone else going to see Electrypnose in two weeks? ;)

PsyGhost, you're a lucky boy to be going to the Aerosis party. They're awesome, I wish I could be there. Whole lineup is awesome.

I definitely enjoyed Psykovsky when I saw him...

Is anyone else going to see Electrypnose in two weeks? ;)

how about one week?

aerosis, electrypnose, mubali...!

anyone here gonna be at Equinox?

psykovsky isn't dark. I consider psykovsky to be definately morning style of the higher bpm psy projects, his music is very uplifting sunrise music, and he often plays the sunrise sets from what I have seen. And frankly every track sounds the same TO YOU, they are not in any way the same, he is super varied in tracks, all fullon SOUNDS the same to me but I know that it isn't, it just isn't my cup of tea. "Dark"/high bpm psy is the only thing that has saved the genre in my mind as there are NO artists except in that style which have blown my mind in years., so different strokes for different folks. Frankly I'm sick of people mixing up high bpm psy with dark psy, the two are unrelated.

I will be at Equinox.

Last edited:
Ok I haven't read most of this thread as it is just really fucking long. Anyway, I assume infected mushroom=psytrance? Because I have not heard a lot of psytrance, but classical mushroom is one of my favorite albums. Any recommendations on bands/albums similar to classical mushroom. Or, like, new improved stuff along the same lines. Preferably without lyrics.

if you like infected mushroom, check out talpa as he basically stole his sound from them :)

there's been a bit of an infected mushroom backlash recently as their more recent music departed from their classic sound. many people liked the fact that they took some chances and created some novel stuff. many other fans just thought it was a load of garbage...

alasdair

^Which track?? ;)

Hmm, anyone heard the new Infected Mushroom- Legend of the Black Shawarama (I think thats the title...). Not bad on first listen, but its certainly not trance anymore, kinda funky electro- very much like the second disc of Converting Vegetarians- some guest appearance by Perry Farrel and Jonathon Davies (and Jim Morrison- right)....but yeah, groovy, melodic but just not that good.

At least we can stop calling them shit-psytrance and call them good electronica. The psy is gone.

classical mushroom is one of my favorite albums. Any recommendations on bands/albums similar to classical mushroom. .

Discogs is a great site for info on electronic music...check out the link.
http://www.discogs.com/release/recommendations/28044?page=1

(personally, i'd recommend Tandu - Multimoods, Space Cat - Beam me up, early MFG, Cosma, Transwave, Cosmosis, the first 1200 micrograms album, GMS, the mystery / secret of the 13 crystal skulls compilations)

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.