PsyTrance Discussion and Stuff ver. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^I tjink the best line is the beggining of Ayahuasca. The Holy Ayahuasca, I'm going to listen to it....

I grabbed a nice compilation the other day Painkiller-Hardfloor. Speaks for itself, dark in the sth african style (massive bass and kick, screechy sounds plus melodies) with something reminiscnet of Space Tribe. Artist include Painkiller, Sirius Issness, Menog and Concept, who i'd never heard before but they certainly did a beauty for this album. Also got given a GOA yellowsunshine recs double CD, confirming to myself why NOT to buy this crap. Some nice tracks that I'll never listen to again most likely. The only good song was by S.U.N Project, and its not even very good. Oh well...

Someone here said they were seeing ELECTRYPNOSE this wekend, I think....it WAS here iM sure but I can't find it. Fuckbraine, anyway, I think i shall be embracing some dark trance in melbourne this weekend!

Has anybody here heard Zolod - Deja Vu Fabrique? "Darkpsy", I guess, but also incredibly subtle, emotional, and atmospheric... the main guy behind it died before the mastering was completed, which takes its obscure and otherworldly vibe even further.

If this sounds appealing, do what is necessary to acquire a copy, you will not regret it, this album is without peer.

swilow said:
Someone here said they were seeing ELECTRYPNOSE this wekend, I think....it WAS here iM sure but I can't find it. Fuckbraine, anyway, I think i shall be embracing some dark trance in melbourne this weekend!

It was me but not in this thread. Was in the Aus Social pic thread maybe? Or somewhere else. Anyway, I am looking foward to this weekend! Electrypnose tommorow and Kasey Taylor/Dousk Saturday night. Bring it on!

Recently got Ticon's new album-2am. It's not really psychedelic. Sort of electro-house. A few decent party tracks but it's not that great. Fun, throwaway music mostly. Good for being off your nut on MDMA/Meth/Booze in a club. That's about it.

Listening to Scorb-Ipso Fvcto at the moment. It's sounding pretty fucking cool. I've heard it's great, will have to wait and see.

Also got a good compilation Called "Morning Monster-Snap Crackle Drop", good melodic morning tunes.

psycosynthesis said:
It was me but not in this thread. Was in the Aus Social pic thread maybe? Or somewhere else. Anyway, I am looking foward to this weekend! Electrypnose tommorow and Kasey Taylor/Dousk Saturday night. Bring it on!

Ah, yes it was you indeed. I don't think I'll be dancing tonight or tomorrow now, I have procured a virus which is manifesting as rather odd sores on my body, headaches and shivering- this should last for 4-12 weeks....But damn, I'd love to see Kasey Taylor again, I still love his Balance CD from 2002, lovely dark proggy house. I may try to hobble in....

I've heard a fair bit about that SCORB release; its meant to be awesome. I haven't heard anything by him so I will have to do so.

I havnt been listening to much psy recently, more Bob Dylan and metal (interesting blend there) but what I have enjoyed and continue to ever since the relaease of- is BUS- Morebusinesslinkyouthere. I don't know why more people don't love this album, it is the perfect music for driving, sleeping, chilling, dancing....really quite deep and different production too. Also LOUD- Some Kind of Creativity; I guess its getting old for psytrance now, but it is such a fantastic album I have to blast it quite regularly.

Its pretty funny that Skazi wants to like bash Damoin psyreviews, though thats nothing new...:)

^HAhahahahahah "I AM SKAZI! I MAKE KILLAH! I AM KILLAH! SNORT A GRAM AND KILL DAMOIN!!!!!!"

So I hear the Cosmo/Illegal Machines/Kulu/Highko party this weekend was an epic fail. Don't think Cape Town is ready for that type of psy yet.

swilow said:
Its pretty funny that Skazi wants to like bash Damoin psyreviews, though thats nothing new...:)

Sounds hilarious. Link?

Dalfir said:
So I hear the Cosmo/Illegal Machines/Kulu/Highko party this weekend was an epic fail. Don't think Cape Town is ready for that type of psy yet.

What happened? Did it get busted or did no-one turn up.

London's not really ready for that sort of psy either but the Highko/Illegal Machiens squat last year was one of the best I've ever been to.

No one turned up, and many that did left early the next day. Guess the music got to them.

Apparently the last set was Highko, Illegal Machines and Cosmo playing b2b with the tempo going into the 180bp range.

^I must say I think Highko is too fast for me, but people actually leaving would be tough....kind of rude, but if your not enjoying it, what can you do, I've done it so.... Illegal Machines aren't really that dark I think; I can imagine really getting into that shit on the floor. But each to their own....

I am loving Sattel Battle - SoundsCool right now, frantic freeform beats with few of the full-on cliches or finnish elf-loving to it! :D

The first half of the Scorb album is fucking earthshaking, trails off a little after that though.

I wasn't feeling Morning Monsters, other than the tune that sampled the Super Mario pipe music! What were Texas Faggot thinking with that wedding march mashup? It's not big and it's not clever. :p=D

i just got hold of ipso fvcto by scorb and i'm digging it a lot. i like it better than ambivalent so far.

alasdair

Sattel battle are great. I only have some promo and free releases stuff, but I've enjoyed.

Gonna have to get this Scorb album, everyone seems to be raving about it.

I've been playing a decent darkpsy compilation name of Keep The Faith (triplag) feautring Olien, Fungus Funk etc. nice stuff.

I just got Painkiller - Brainwave, quite good atypical full-on. Did someone mention this earlier, or was that an unrelated CD?

I am reliving some Old Eat Static atm, how fucking far ahead of their time were most of their releases? Science of the gods, impact and abduction are all incredible to say the least, and they were made in the mid-90s. IMO nothing can beat a good live session with merv and joie!

New Electric Universe - Burning. Haven't listened yet. Will report soon :)

Track List:

* 01. Electric Universe - Meteor (Original Remake 2007)
* 02. Electric Universe - Gaijin Rocker (Remix 2007)
* 03. Electric Universe - Solar Noir (Remix 2007)
* 04. Electric Universe - Metaphysics
* 05. Electric Universe - Observation (Guitar Version)
* 06. Electric Universe - Present
* 07. Electric Universe - Hyperspace
* 08. Electric Universe - Def Con Mind (Remix 2007)
* 09. Electric Universe - Dawn
* 10. Electric Universe - Burning
* 11. Electric Universe - Sunrise
* 12. Electric Universe - Higher Love
* 13. Electric Universe - The Calling
* 14. Electric Universe - Traveller

^If its anything like the ESP relelases, I wouldn't hold your breathe. Or just ignore my cynicsm. :)

Unfortunatesquid, I got a compilation by Painkiller-Hardfloor, that maybe what your thinking of...good, hard fullon. Unbelievably loud basslines too..:)

There are a few average tracks, but when it hits its highs Ipso Fvcto is amongst the best that this genre has produced in my opinion.

Absolutely stunning music.

Decoy- Push Button Pony sounds very nice so far....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.