PsyTrance Discussion and Stuff ver. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Protoculture is playing a DJ set before Aleph I think. It's a saffa party, which explains the setlist. :p

I too have been enjoying the Ace Ventura album, its pretty smooth all the way through.

Someone else mentioned this above, again, not trance.. but for all you folks into psydub so magically delicious its almost too much to take in... GET THE NEW OTT ALBUM! WOW! and I mean, wow!

Did you see how I used the italics, bold font, AND the underline there? That was completely warranted.

^Issuing a warning for "too much emphasising". ;)

Ace Ventura, I really love the song Exposed (I think thats the name), its the last track). Really gentle and happy melody.

turkeyphant said:
Willow - enjoy Shpongle. Don't hold much hope out for Raja though - even if Simon is there to help him mix, it'll probably be dire.

Yeah, he's (Raja) a shit DJ and smells like an old mant to boot....still his dancing is amusing. Sort of. I still love the older 1200mics stuff, so I'll probably like his set....

Ohh and infected mushroom on the 29th....swellswelsqjgv

Psychedelic Gleam said:
not psytrance but psychedelic as fuck, OTT Skylon, good god i listened to this album 5 times in a row (after thieving it) then ordered it online, incredible mastering, bad ass vocals, dubby vibe throughout, everyone HAS to hear this.

listening to this album right now and i just came in my pants. infuckingcredible

Like many others have said, Ott's new album is brilliant, a definite must buy.

Also I have been listening to Space Buddha a lot, especially his Storm Reaction CD his latest release Full Circle. This guy has got some real talent.

EmuBitter said:
whats yer favourite 1200 mics album?

The drug one. I remember hearing Ayahuasca when I was out and truly shivering at the vocals.....Overall their music has plummetted though- the Time Machine was okay, Live album sux0red, Magic Numbers made me feel like dying with hate. I will always enjoy them though; they gave me the best LSD euphoria I've ever had....

Its a pity that damien-psyreviews has shut down. I don't blame him, I am so sick of Compact/Hommega/BNE/Transclucent/Phantasm, like psytrance-by-numbers kind of thing. There is an artists, Insomnia- he makes the worst psytrance possible. I cannot believe his music is released. Well, I can because its throway and has heaps of buildups. This sucks as an artist, I don't think there much point in standard fullon anymore; either dark or minimal, progressive has gotten pretty dull too I reckon.

OTT does some good work, have been at more than a few gigs that's he's played.

swilow said:
Ohh and infected mushroom on the 29th....swellswelsqjgv

earlier here pwawahawrr. Have to say last time I saw them I wasn't expecting much but their live show blew me away. Definately know how to work the crowd and awesomecrazy vibe.

Going to have to check out this ott album

swilow said:
Its a pity that damien-psyreviews has shut down. I don't blame him, I am so sick of Compact/Hommega/BNE/Transclucent/Phantasm, like psytrance-by-numbers kind of thing. There is an artists, Insomnia- he makes the worst psytrance possible. I cannot believe his music is released. Well, I can because its throway and has heaps of buildups. This sucks as an artist, I don't think there much point in standard fullon anymore; either dark or minimal, progressive has gotten pretty dull too I reckon.

+1

Regarding Ott's album, I've only listened to it a few times and heard some tracks played out last year but I think it's fantastic. Probably not as good as his debut but it may yet be a grower. Certainly pisses on everything else out there...

Ott - Roflcopter. Saw him play it live (and a host of others on that album) at Rainbow Serpent. Fucking brilliant, seriously.

Furthermore, Rocky - A Thread of Life is same damn smooth morning psyprog. It's a Chemical Crew release but don't be scared off. Definitely worth a listen.

^It depends the artist. Autonomech, Tetrameth, Sensient, Kroppsprak, Shadow FX (all on zenon btw) are excellent progressive artissts, truly psychedelic. Once again, it falls more into the minimal side of things. However, it seems that Iboga has become the Hommega of prog; so many relaease and remix albums and overall, boring formulaic crud. Suncontrolspecies still rocks though, and FreQ and Antix....

Psyprog rocks. Smooth melodic beats accompanied by phat rolling basslines and psychadelic melodies. Brilliant. SCS, Freq, Antix, Son Kite, Ticon, Vibrasphere, Shadow FX, Tetrameth, Minilogue, Emok, Ace Ventura, Decoy, Kasey Taylor. Fuck the list goes on and on.

I love banging psy as much as the next guy but prog has really played with my heart strings recently. There are some brilliant artists out there. Just give them a try.

Psychedelic Gleam said:
not psytrance but psychedelic as fuck, OTT Skylon, good god i listened to this album 5 times in a row (after thieving it) then ordered it online, incredible mastering, bad ass vocals, dubby vibe throughout, everyone HAS to hear this.

Agreed...man, that album is SO GOOD.

PsyGhost said:
1200 mics - 1200 mics is their best album.

yes, think so, too.

"should you ever be constructed with taking that first pop of a marihuana cigarette - do it..."

nice record :)

Um yeah ^

'Marijuana, the dried leaves and flowers of the indian hemp weed is used in the form of a cigarette. Should you ever be confronted with the temptation of taking that first puff of a marijuana cigarette... do it, do it, do it!'
'Skunk, skunk, skunk, marijuana! Skunk, skunk skunk.'

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.