View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Salvia Thread - Second iteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salvia is one of my fave legal highs, i remember the first time one of mates got me to take a few hits from the bong, good times :) I'll sum up what i've learnt into one post:

Taking it properly

- A turbo lighter brings the most out of what you're smoking. You can use a normal lighter, but the experiance won't be as strong.
- I have only twice smoked it in a joint, and those times really didn't do much. The best by FAR is smoking it through a bong. Smoking it on its own works fine.
- I've found the most important thing is to take deep tokes, and hold in the smoke for as long as you can. It seems salvia needs to be exposed to your lungs for a while to get through properly, or some shit.

The experiance

- Salvia is a mind expanding, thought provoking drug. It is not for nights out because it makes you trip balls and lasts a short amount of time; 10-30 mins.
- The experiance for each trip and each person is individual, so although taking it with friends is cool, keep this in mind
- Like with many drugs, but particularly with salvia, a comfortable environment is key, so be with mates and in a friendly/familiar place. Items around you tend to be the focus of your trip. I think being with people you don't know that well could put you on a bad trip.
- As with most things start out with weaker strains (extracts) and build yourself up to higher ones
- Like many say, this drug demands respect because the halluncinations are real strong.
- Writing down or making a concious effort to remember your trips can enhance your future ones

I find it's really nice to smoke outside, like in fields and woods. You tend to feel connected with nature and the elements :) I have this recurring theme of seeing tiny people living in places, like in walls, carpet and other stuff. I've also had fits of uncontrollable laughter at stupid things, thought my back was a drill, lost track of time and space and thought my mate's shoe was a holy relic. A friend of mine thought my mate was a tree because he was holding a branch, someone else thought he was literally walking on sunshine, and one time thought he was being eaten by his sofa. One of my mates thought his body seperated into multiple entities and went for multiple adventures simultaneously.

Lots of great experiances and stories come from this stuff :D I often smoke it after going out, seems alcohol can prolong the effects, too.

So I don't really know what's the deal, but everytime I smoke salvia I get this really unique gustatory hallucination. It's like the most original, delicious flavor known to exist; it surely doesn't taste like the herb. I'm often too flabbergasted to really enjoy it, but the taste is consistenly present. Am I the only one?

i have a wonderful smell that crops up only now and then, truly rarely, and it occurred on mushrooms out of the blue, which was extremely pleasant, that's the similarity i have though

I've been smoking more often, and I think I've placed the taste.. This is gonna sound weird lol, but it's the taste of gravity.

What if all the videos of rampant salvia are just to show us that more people are recognizing that this reality is only a small part?
I think it forces the realization onto you, and it's individual to the exact moment.
Maybe we're experiencing the exact opposite of the frame we're in when we use Salvia.

I don't know, it's all just so real.

Lol, didn't even notice the time travel double post haha haha

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tired and I smile half heartedly
I want a new perspective and a big-bang dose
Have been smoking salvia leaf now and then as an alternative to cannabis, as cannabis has turned ever-dulling on me
After watching videos of others on salvia and reading a particular trip report, am hoping for some much needed guidance
I'm sick of the confusion and endless perplexion of the serotonergic trips
However, on the flipside, a high reality dripping completely refreshing mushroom dose could help too

Status
Not open for further replies.