View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Salvia Thread - Second iteration

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Well DMT freebase isn't water soluble either and it still works insufflated. Still, given salvinorin A's varied success sublingually even with the absorpsion aiding qualities of alcohol the chances of it working when insufflated are probably slim at economic doses. You could try extracting the salvinorin A from some 100x (25% salvinorin A by weight if it's legit) with IPA, evap, and insufflating that. It should pretty damn pure, or at least pure enough for insufflation.

I tried dissolving 1mg of pure salvinorin A in DMSO and injecting it intramuscularly to no effect--I did have some tingling feelings and vivid recall of a past trip, but these modest effects can be accounted for entirely by placebo. Anyways I expected definite effects from that and got none (IM injection in DMSO works on mice damnit.) I don't hold out much hope for the 3mgs I have remaining, which at some point in my life I'll inject IM all at once. I hope that the salvinorin A I have is either degraded or that 1mg is just coincidentally a threshold dose because I think salvia could be a far more useful tool for psychological exploration if there was a ROA that preserved the visionary effects of smoking yet still allowed reflection (qualities that sublingual tinctures don't offer me.)

Last edited:
Salvia Emotionlessness

So i was reading that salvia binds to the kappa-opiod receptor but they're not sure what the function of this receptor is.

Anyway I've found that if i do a low dose of salvia (enough for slight inebriation,not enough for a trip) I feel emotionless for the next 1-2 hours.

No matter what i do i can't seem to feel anything.(this is actually useful as i can think about stuff more clearly)

However if i do a proper dose of salvia It's not the same (possibly coz i'm thinking bout the trip).

Has anyone else felt this?

i tend to react more to my emotions on sublingual, pre-threshold dosages of salvia.

this is the reason why i've never clung onto, or even really outright liked, salvia all that much. in my few experiences theres just no thickness to it, no layers of personality or anything that connects me to the experience, i just feel sucked and pulled into this vortex of a complex story that seems to be happening right in front of me, yet i feel no connection whatsoever to it..

it doesn't give me those reinforcing feelings, thoughts, euphoric senses explosion, that i'll carry with me forever.. things that i'm usually left with from a mushroom/etc experience. it's all probably me in the end, something just doesn't click with me and salvia, but no worry's though.. i'm not eager in anyway to get things right between us

nealcassady said:
............ it's all probably me in the end, something just doesn't click with me and salvia, .......
Seems to be such a personal experience. With me it's just the opposite. Emotions seem to be "built" into solid walls of ..... something or other. I can "see" this kind of edifice - and I recognise that it's made of emotional memories that I had as a child. Very powerful. But I agree with you about the way it happens - it does seem to be "imposed".

Hey Vinylmesh, welcome to bluelight brother! :) I have merged your salvia query with the main salvia thread....Peace man, stick around and catch our diseases.

Your Salvia Trip?

Hey, well I have only done Salvia once, and it wasn't purposeful either lol. I was at a party and my buddy packed me a rip and told me to hold it in. I did, and then as soon as I blew it out it was like my world was melting!

I had a pretty crazy trip I saw everything as little molecules, and inside those molecules were tractors. I think I had a crazier trip because of the fact that I didn't know I was taking a rip of Salvia.

I would probably try it again, but honestly that was one scary a$$ trip!

What about yours?

I've never gotten too much out of Salvia other than a lot of side effects (fever, itching/burning skin, 'salvia gravity', migraines) and complete confusion. Once it made me laugh for no reason, but for the most part it's been fairly worthless and highly dysphoric to me. A close friend of mine had major anxiety issues from the use of Salvia one time for a few months too. His trip actually sounded like my more dark/introspective ketamine or mushroom trips, but far more haunting.

I feel a bit sorry for the hard heads that can't get to a +4 or +5 on salvia...used properly and with the right frame of mind, it is incredible. even more so that it is still legal.

It's time for me to partake again, I am buying some this weekend and going in deep....:D

I just did salvia for the first time last friday, got to a +3 or +4. I will definitely be doing it again soon.

^Would you consider it euphoric? I've experienced glimpses of euphoria with salvia, but generally its more dark and magickal, if you'll allow me that. I haven't smoked some in a few months or so; the last smoke was quite dysphoric for me; sketychy repetition of mindless vegetation-visuals. I simply felt hammered.

I still haven't really gotten a proper "effect" from saliva, but I have come to around a threshold level. I tried a salvinorin-A 'enriched' extract, claimed to be 20mg/g total std. salvinorin-A. I first tried using about 600mg (so, 15mg salv-A) as a quid, just chewing it/holding it for around 30 min. Not feeling all that much, other than some subtle visuals (maybe a shifting color field or two--different areas of the visual field had different colors, like a stained glass window), I hit the rest in a standard bong. The only real additional effect was intense skeletal muscle failure; well that's what they would probably say in a 1960s style journal (when they only used the term 'psychotomimetic'). Commonly described as feeling like the gravity constant in the room was just upped, I had certainly heard about it, but had never experienced it to this extent.

But that was it. Nothing to write home about, a couple of minute of hints and strangeness, maybe a cybernetic canned laugh or two, then nothing. This is my 3rd or 4th experience with it in the last 5 years or so. I wondering if it is worth trying relatively pure salvinorin-A, since I am profoundly insensitive to it. I really like compounds with long half-lives, so smoking it seems to be out of the question (although, I've tried 5-MeO-DMT, so I certainly understand the concept of time dilation). Anyone ever tried a tincture or quid method with pure-ish or ultra-high concentrated extracts? I know Ott speaks of using a DMSO/acetone salvia tincture (to solubilize it), but I would rather lick my own ass than swish around a solvent mixture like that.

I trip on it just like a psychedelic, honestly, I do the liquid (Emerald Essence,((grain alcohol suspension))-not the most pleasant taste) and I'm trippin as good as any acid or shroom head...I'm a bit of a 'hard head', but I've always been that way, with every drug, very resistant/high tolerance.
4-6 dropper fulls and I'm there..what I prefer about it is the duration...2 hours and I'm good to go...alot like a 5Meo DMT hit . I'm pretty floored by some of the 'trip descriptions' and how 'weird' it is for some, but I guess it's all where your heads at. Scarey trips always baffled me anyway, it's still your mind...you know what I mean? It's just the stuff thats in your head to begin with.
The liquid is far gentler, due to slower absorption, and lasts longer...
EDIT: I'm beginning to understand this a little better now...I'm thinking perhaps, either the drugs of today are much different-or the way the new generation is 'wired' is different...This conclusion I'm considering is based on #1. the reaction to Salvia most report...#2.The reports in general regarding any "tripping"...Alot seem to feel Mushrooms are much stronger (and dark and scarey etc...) than LSD...When I was in my youth, anyone would agree, Shrooms were like a day at the park compared to Acid...which may be due to the lower doses of today, however many mics or ug's are reportedly being ingested...The reason I think it's the inherent 'wiring' is where it (Salvia) seems to be taking the minds to...vortex's and cubist dimensions and black holes... Honestly, it just gives me a great mini-trip-just like a psychedelic...I guess I'm very lucky...or burnt-out...or maybe I have no imagination for it to fuck with...or something...Next time I do Shrooms or Acid, I'll have to try some Salvia with it, and see where that takes me, could be a very defining moment. Peace.

Last edited:
masonyoung said:
........... Scarey trips always baffled me anyway, it's still your mind...you know what I mean? It's just the stuff thats in your head to begin with.
Whilst I agree 100% with this, I feel that Salvia presses some buttons that cause a uniquely difficult experience for many users. What I mean is that I think it generates a fear feeling, independent in some respects from the psychic material that surfaces. Even at very low doses where there is little in the way of psychic imagery, I experience strange sinister feeling - a distinct coldness. From what I have read this is not an uncommon phenomenon.

But of course this could just be the accompanying emotional fear connected to "about to emerge unconscious material". That is, unresolved issues.

I wish Jung, Freud and other depth psychologists had had access to salvia - gives a whole new meaning to regression and OBE's 8o

^I dunno, I'm coming to see salvia as more of a "completely fuck with neuronal rewiring' then anything coherent. The whole issue of not remembering you've smoked it indicates massive amenisiac qualites. I tend to think that the effects of salvia may be mediated by the bodies intesne NEED to metabolise it rapidly.

That or salvia is so dissociating becuase perhaps it plunges on into direct communion with the worlds collective unconcious; such an ocean of sensation and memory is bound to be overwhelming.

Or salvia literally takes you to a different dimension. All I know is that the first thing I think when I smoke that is "Oh no, back at the market". I don't know why, but smoking salvia makes me feel like I'm at a market. Everytime. Weird.

It's so strange to think that someone could achieve beyond trippiness from smoked saliva. Is that pure salvinorin-A, swilow? Maybe I'm just of one that people that is completely resistant to it. I must not have many kappa-opioid receptors banging around up there.

^What do you mean 'beyond trippiness'? And no, it wasn't salvinorin- it may as well have been, it was salvinorin infused leaf. My first smoke of it- I thought it was plain leaf. Massive overdose. Existential nightmare still haunting me, vaguely. Awesome stuff :)

swilow said:
^I dunno, I'm coming to see salvia as more of a "completely fuck with neuronal rewiring' then anything coherent. The whole issue of not remembering you've smoked it indicates massive amenisiac qualites.

Isn't not remembering you've done drugs part and parcel of an OBE? I've never broken through on DMT or 5-MeO-DMT so I have nothing to compare salvia to. Also, I tend to remember most of the peak, although details can be blurry. However, tripping on other psychedelics makes these memories more accessible.

swilow said:
I tend to think that the effects of salvia may be mediated by the bodies intesne NEED to metabolise it rapidly.

I really don't follow your logic on this. Why would the body need to metabolize salvia, but not the more dangerous and deliriant datura, extremely rapidly?

swilow said:
That or salvia is so dissociating becuase perhaps it plunges on into direct communion with the worlds collective unconcious; such an ocean of sensation and memory is bound to be overwhelming.

I've definitely had strong mutual empathic (telepathic?) experiences with other people (who hadn't taken salvia) while in the midst of a salvia OBE. As for sensing the collective unconscious, it's hard to say if that's what's happening. Perhaps the extreme dissociation experienced under salvia is simply a consequence of the neurobiological actions of the drug, and is not due to any other factor because it seems to be remarkably consistent between users.

swilow said:
Or salvia literally takes you to a different dimension. All I know is that the first thing I think when I smoke that is "Oh no, back at the market". I don't know why, but smoking salvia makes me feel like I'm at a market. Everytime. Weird.

Maybe salvia doesn't literally take you to another dimension, but enables you to perceive more dimensions than the 4 you can perceive while sober. That's certainly been my experience. This alone would explain a lot of the mindfuck/dissociation, because your brain is not optimally wired for this, so naturally there would be information overload.

In general, I'm not a big fan of explanations of psychedelic action that posit causal influences of the drugs on anything external to the individual's mind/brain. IMO they alter the function of your mind rather than taking you to a literal, specific place like the collective unconscious or another dimension. What you do with the altered mental function induced by psychedelics is another matter entirely. Essentially what I'm saying is that you can take yourself to a lot of places but it involves more than just getting high on psychedelics.

Status
Not open for further replies.