• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Recipe Thread (EADD Version)

I made a turkey breast roast yesterday, ate half, let the other half cool down and chucked it in the fridge. I'm planning on eating it tonight but is it ok to reheat it in the micro or am I best just eating it cold?

I've got loads to add to this thread, this ones my current favourite. You will need:

A pork belly, about 8 oz per person
A few heads of garlic
Some sprigs of thyme
A couple of glasses of white wine
Chicken stock

First take the pork belly and score the rind heavily, it's easiest to get your butcher to do this, then lightly season with salt and pepper. Cut the heads of garlic (skin on) in half horizontally so you can see a cross section of each clove and lay them on a baking tray cut side up with the thyme. Lay the pork belly rind up on top and pour the wine around. Cover with foil and cook in a medium oven for around 3 hours, making sure the wine doesn't boil dry.

When you remove the belly press between two flat surfaces, the top one being heavily weighted, over night in the fridge. Take the baking tray, place on the hob on a medium heat and add some stock. Let this bubble away and reduce until the desired consistency is achieved then pour into a jug through a sieve, mashing the garlic through with a fork. This is your gravy.

Once the pork has been pressed cut into 4 oz squares, salt the rind, and place into a very hot oven for about 20 minutes to crisp the crackling (you can use te grill if it doesn't want to go, but be careful). Simply reheat the gravy and serve with the accompniments of your choice (can't go wrong with mash and a green bean and vinegarette salad).

Delicious!

Meh!

Just made singapore vegetable vermicelli for the family, it was a bit dissapointing. I made it other week and it was lovely, today it had no flavour. I added loads more as well because it didn't seem to be that tasy and it made no difference. Plus I added too much stock and it was all soggy. :\

You need:

Vermicelli or Rice Noodles
Vegetables (can use anything - chinese style veg if you want it to be authentic)
Soy Sauce (Preferablly light)
Curry Powder
Garlic Powder (or proper garlic if ya like)
Ginger
Corriander
Chicken or Veg Broth
Chilli Peppers / Chilli Sauce or both if you like it hot

For one portion:

Stick the vermicelli noodles in a pot of warm water until there soft

Heat some olive oil, chuck in the veg and stir fry till cooked.

Add: soy sauce (1 table spoon), Curry Powder (1 table spoon). Garlic Powder (1tea spoon), ginger (1 tea spoon), add stock (bout 100ml).

Add noodles into wok and stir constantly until stock has absorbed into noodles.

Garnish with corriander.

-

You can easily add more soy sauce, curry poder etc to suit your tastes.

Why does EVERYTHING have to have either salt or sugar in it?

Even the herbs and spices have salt in them. Why is there salt in the curry and garlic powder? Is there any need?

Mah Super Secret Chili

1lb. Hamburger (brown & drained)
1lb. Jimmy Deans Hot Sausage(browned)
1lb. Bacon (Choped up n Cooked up)
2 Cans Chili Beans in Sauce(dont drain)
1 Can Stewed Tomatos
2 Cans Mushroom (stems n pieces)
Dash Tobasco
Salt n Pepper to Taste
1 Habanero(stemed and seeded) (I use a Yellow diced up but its really hot)
1 Onion (diced, toss it in with ya ground beef)
1 Lg. Can Tomato juice

So basically you toss it all in a pot and bring to a simmer and cook it up till its warm. Easy and filling and last for awhile

A note on pepper choice:

I use a yellow habanero its super fucking hot and almost makes it unbearable. Usually I do this to piss of friends and people who say "Dont make it hot". The pepper is really neccesary but I threw it in there, for some reason I dunno. Use a red habanero, scotch bonnet or thai sun pepper if you dont want fire coming out of your ass the next morning. But remember the pepper isnt neccesary

Cashew Chicken with Basil and Lemon

1 Large free range Chicken Breast
1 pack of Cashews
Fresh Basil
Two Lemons
Basmati Rice.

Directions

Boil the rice Normaly.
Cut Chicken into small pieces
Dice Basil
Stir fry chicken until sealed, reduce heat and add chopped Basil and 20 Cashew nuts.
Juice both Lemons.

To Serve

Half fill two small bowls with the rice, all on one side.

Add the Cashew Chicken to the other side.

Dress with a desired amount of lemon juice over the whole bowl, garnish with some basil leaves and serve!

Dahl Soup (one of my favourites)

INGREDIENTS:

Knob of butter (enough to fry onions and garlic)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
Large can of chopped tomatoes
175 g/6 oz/1 cup red lentils
2 tsp lemon juice
600 ml/1 pint/2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1 can of cocnut milk
Salt and pepper

NOTE: I'm usually quite liberal with the spices and always end up adding more chilli and garam masala.

1. Melt butter in large saucepan and fry onion for 2-3 mins then add the garlic and the spices and cook for a further 30 seconds.

2. Stir in the tomatoes, red lentils, lemon juice, vegetable stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil.

3. Reduce the heat and simmer for 25-30 mins until the lentils are tender and cooked. Then add salt and pepper and serve with bread.

Dahl Soup sounds nice, might give it a shot this week if I get time.

Gonna make a pot of mince this week as well, usually just add onion, carrot and maybe some mixed veg. What else veg wise goes well with mince? And what herbs / spices would be nice with it?

i love just making a pot of mince and gravy stuff- so good as a base for other meals like lasagne, spag bol, mince and tatties- awww yes!!

i usually just put in a lil bit of chilli, some onion/shallots, garlic, dried mixed italian seasoning and somesalt and pepper. mashed turnip is orgasmic with mashed tato and mince and gravy plus a wee block of puff pastry cooked....yum yum yum!!=D

^it's so good though,many a time bland chicken and pasta has been saved by rolling the chicken in some italian seasoning-*drool*

Rustler's burgers

Open the packet, put it in the microwave for 70 seconds and then eat.

Some time this week I shall be make a spicey chicken and rice dish.

Take a chicken fillet, cover in ground cumin, paprika and chill powder then stick in the over for 30 mins.

Sounds alright eh?

Sounds like it might come out a bit dry Spade. I would concoct some sort of sauce to accompany the chicken. Spicy tomato maybe.

Here's one I made earlier ;)

quick and easy recipe #1
serves 2 (easily doubled)

Ingredients:
6oz (180g) skinless free range chicken breast, cut into large chunks

For the sauce:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 extra-large tomato, peeled and chopped (and deseeded unless preferred otherwise)
¼ red (bell) pepper, de-seeded and chopped finely
¼ onion, chopped finely
1½ tablespoons tomato purée
1 tablespoon lemon juice (concentrated - equivalent to juice of half a fresh lemon)
½ tablespoon lime juice (optional)
½ small red chilli, de-seeded and chopped finely (optional) OR
½ teaspoon chilli powder (mild or hot as preferred)
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon cilantro (coriander leaf)
salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Mix together all the sauce ingredients. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Allow the chicken to marinate for 1 hour, or overnight, in the refrigerator.

2. Preheat the grill. Place the marinated chicken and sauce in a grill pan, and cook under the grill for about 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.

3. Serve immediately - suggested: with rice or tortillas and sour cream and some shredded lettuce.

It might be a bit dry you're right but not got lots of time on my hands this week so dunno if I'll get round to making a sauce.

Cheers for the recipe tho. :)