• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Recipe Thread (EADD Version)

B9's method for cooking BASMATI RICE works in that you end up with NO SLUDGE and the individual rice grains are exactly that !!!;) =D %) <3

Rinsing gets rid of the excess starch that at times makes rice more of a sludge !!!;)

duck_racer said:
My dinner: Salmon on a bed of haricot beans and spinach.

and no carbs.

Ofcourse theres carbs in that meal !!!!8o

Or are you neglecting to consider the haricot beans in your nutritional evaluation DR ???????? :! ;) =D <3

massiveinminiature said:

Ofcourse theres carbs in that meal !!!!8o

Or are you neglecting to consider the haricot beans in your nutritional evaluation DR ???????? :! ;) =D <3

Don't want to blind (bore) you with science but legumes tend to contain complex carbohydrates which barely raise blood sugar levels and they don't lead to obesity.

Sorry should have been a bit more clear but yeah you're right, it's not 'carb free'. Salmon's going to have its share of sugars too tbh.

StoneHappyMonday said:
Talking of rice.....

I've only recently discovered this. Make loads. Freeze what you don't need. Next time you need rice, remove from freezer, pour over boiling water, et voila, or something French, instant perfect rice. It works. And no it doesn't go instantly cold again. I never knew you could do this. And nor does anyone I've told.
The missus does that a lot (makes fried rice out of the frozen leftovers) but I was always told that rice is a bugger for food poisoning when frozen/reheated.

duck_racer said:
Don't want to blind (bore) you with science but legumes tend to contain complex carbohydrates which barely raise blood sugar levels and they don't lead to obesity.

Sorry should have been a bit more clear but yeah you're right, it's not 'carb free'. Salmon's going to have its share of sugars too tbh.

Why thankyou for the enlightenmnt DR hope you & Wendy's good !!!;) ;) =D <3 <3 <3

BTW I'm a so-called Biochemist.8o :(

duck_racer said:

I thought Carbs were good for you? No? :\

Depends on what carbs.

Complex carbohydrates tend to release energy slowly, so things like rice, pasta, bread will sustain you over time. Other carbs, as duck_racer alluded to, give you an instant boost of energy rather than slow release - and are usually defined by their high sugar content.

When looking at your food labels, you should be looking at the nutritional information. It will state what percentage (or 'actual' amount) of the food is carbohydrate, below which it will also state: "of which are sugars".

Generally speaking, you want the bulk of your carbohydrates NOT to be sugars. Try comparing the nutritional information on the side of a pack of fruit pastilles with a box of ryvita.

^ Depends on if you're starving or overfed as too whether they're considered positive or negative - that's my position & I'm sticking with it!

tambourine-man said:
The missus does that a lot (makes fried rice out of the frozen leftovers) but I was always told that rice is a bugger for food poisoning when frozen/reheated.

Bacillus subtilis - it's one of those pesky spore forming bacteria, where the spores are resistant to boiling etc and account for the incidences of food poisoning from reheating rice. I think it's a fairly common thing to find in dried rice. Luckily, the food poisoning (if you get a bout from it) isn't in the same realms as salmonella, E. coli etc; it just involes a bit of the squirts & the big spit.

About carbs - the comples carbs found in legumes etc are basically just long chains of simple sugars that need an enzyme to break them down, thereby slowly releasing the sugars into your body. Simple sugars aren't good as they cause massive spikes in blood sugar, resulting in you pancreas (where insulin comes from, well the islets of Langerhans, sited in the pancreas to be properly accurate) etc having to go into overdrive to remove the excess sugar from the blood as it causes problems in terms of it's osmolarity. That gets turned into fat then half an hour later you're hungry again. Slow release from complex carbs means that your blood sugar never spikes, your pancreas isn't overworked and nearly all of the sugars slowly released go into providing energy and not turning you into a fat bastard.

I'd post my recipie for Cajun quorn, but I'm not prepared to have a page of people (and you know who you are =D) ripping the piss for being a veggie & using a meat substitute instead of chicken...

Luxury sunday breakfast

Sautee some scallops in butter along with a small amount of finely chopped garlic. If you want to remove the corals it's up to you, personally I like the taste.

Grill some thick wedges of malted brown bread and spread with butter. Place a few leaves of rocket on top - the wild greek/cypriot stuff is best for this but if you can't get it no matter. Sallops go on top and finally season generously with good salt and pepper. Quick squeeze of lemon and a drop of tobasco to finish.

Yummy :D

StoneHappyMonday said:
I'm not dead yet and I've been doing it for a couple of years now. Not even a mild
tummy complaint.

But I guess if I suddenly disappear you'll know it's the rice, not the drugs.

I've heard influenza is a major killer of the elderly...

Steamed rice.

Take Basmati rice.

Rinse.

Cover with water, about a centimetre over the rice.

Bring to boil, then reduce to lowest simmer possible. Resist temptation to stir or mess around with the rice. Leave the lid on. You can check the progress by tilting the pan to see if there is still liquid, the liquid may look milky starchy but do not fear.

When the liquid is very low turn off the heat and cover.

When all the liquid has been absorbed by the rice it is done.

quick quesadilla

or this you will need

frying pan
oil
2 tortillas
loadsa chedder cheese grated
tomato sauce=D

smear the tomato sauce on a tortilla and sprinkle lashings of cheese on top, then place the tortilla in a hot oiled pan (cheese side up), once the cheese starts to bubble slightly place second tortilla on top, flip wait till other side is nice and brown.....serve!!! MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH!!!=D =D =D

^ Sounds searingly hot & mouth burning but tempting