• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Trazodone Megathread

Ham-milton said:
Some of these TCAs do have rec potential. Not tons, but not none, either.

They are tested for on 12 panel tests, so I guess someone out there abuses them.

On the other hand, trazodone is complete shit. One must be very desperate to use them to get 'high', and quite naive to enjoy it.

Ginger Jack said:
OxyMorph said:
It makes me hallucinateQUOTE]
8o Wow, back up. It makes you hallucinate?
How much do you take at a time bud?
Not that much, maybe 1.5 times the recommended dose!
Maybe it just effects me differently than most people...

I really don't think I would need anymore than 150mg a night to sleep. Some nights 100 mgs works great but if I am super anxious and my thoughts are racy then I won't stay awake but for 3-4 hrs. I have never had any euphoria or hallucinations from it though. That sounds strange to me.

Does anyone know of anyway to stop the cotton mouth? I love trazodone i sleep great and if i can stay up long enough its pretty cool. But i cant stand the cotton mouth i wake up with in the morning, any ideas?

i usually have moderate open eye visuals from as low as 50mg doses. it's not psychedelic (my head feels normal), but sometimes i see swimming patterns during the days when im on it. but it may just be like, a latent hppd that only comes out when i have trazodone. i probably tripped too much.

am i the only one who gets no effect whatsoever from trazadone?

i dont personally have a scrip, but my friend does... ive tried pretty large doses (300+mg), and NOTHING happened.

people who get high from this stuff: have you abused opioids/benzos?

Its good if you NEED to get some sleep, but it is useless for other purposes.

Currently I have a prescription for trazodone for sleep as well as vistaril for anxiety after being discharged from a detox facility, I've also taken in numerous times in detoxes and rehab. I've found it to be a somewhat effective medication for sleep but I'm pretty sure it has a window period of about an hour, and If it doesn't put you to sleep in that time It is hard to fall asleep at all.

Personally I don't like it too much and prefer other meds over it such as seroquel and ambien for sleep. I don't like some of the side effects such as the hangover it can give in the morning, but i do enjoy the vivid dreams it induces. I really can't see the comparison between mdma and trazodone. I really don't get any euphoria from it.

trazadone is like poison. i would never have thought to see so many people on bluelight taking it, much less enjoy it. it had a gross kinda feeling body load to it and then you pass out. after using it for a weeks i was seeing spots in my peripherial vision also.

Don't mess with trazadone simple as that I was on it for sleep. Only joy I got out of it was chasing two or three with alcohol and that didn't do too much.

yea, i also think trazodone is shit. maybe i should take a 150mg dose one day and see.

Anyone had any experiences with this stuff?
It's a direct 5-HT2 antagonist with anti-depressant and sedative effects.
I love it. I was given a trial of it and actually requested it over benzos, I would say it almost feels like sedating MDMA.
You constantly laugh at anything and everything. All anxiety diminshes and you are left with a simple yet satisfying euphoria.
I made a short list of effects I've noticed.

Positive:
-Light Euphoria
-Anxiolytic
-Sedating
-Mood Lift and Uncontrollable Laughter

Neutral:
-Loss of Motor Skills
-Increased feeling of gravity (feels like your limbs are being pulled down to the ground)
-Visual Distortions

Negative:
-Headache
-Possibility of Priapism (a never ending erection that requires going to a hospital to reverse)
-Nausea
-Dizzyness
-Delerious mind-set (aural hallucinations, not fun)
-Overwhelming feeling of uncontrollable sedation (not comparable to anything else I've ever tried, although slightly similar to the "overwhelming" feeling you get from DXM.)
-Amnesia

I have never tried that one. You have as many negatives as positives. So I won't try it. THANK YOU;)

I took a 100mg pill the first time, made me feel like shooting myself.

I just layed in bed for 4 hours ruminating about stupid shit that seemed like a big deal at the time with a massive piperizine boner and drooling all over the pillow.

Needless to say I threw the rest down the shitter.