• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Trazodone Megathread

SpunkySkunk347

Bluelighter
OP: "Anyone had any experiences with this stuff?
It's a direct 5-HT2 antagonist with anti-depressant and sedative effects.
I love it. I was given a trial of it and actually requested it over benzos, I would say it almost feels like sedating MDMA.
You constantly laugh at anything and everything. All anxiety diminshes and you are left with a simple yet satisfying euphoria.
I made a short list of effects I've noticed.

Positive:
-Light Euphoria
-Anxiolytic
-Sedating
-Mood Lift and Uncontrollable Laughter

Neutral:
-Loss of Motor Skills
-Increased feeling of gravity (feels like your limbs are being pulled down to the ground)
-Visual Distortions

Negative:
-Headache
-Possibility of Priapism (a never ending erection that requires going to a hospital to reverse)
-Nausea
-Dizzyness
-Delerious mind-set (aural hallucinations, not fun)
-Overwhelming feeling of uncontrollable sedation (not comparable to anything else I've ever tried, although slightly similar to the "overwhelming" feeling you get from DXM.)
-Amnesia"

Pharmacokinetic data
Bioavailability
By mouth: 65%
Protein binding
89–95%
Metabolism
Liver (CYP3A4, CYP2D6, CYP1A2?)
Metabolites
mCPP
Onset of action
By mouth: 1 hour (Tmax)
Elimination half-life
• Trazodone (IR): 4–15 hours
• Trazodone (ER): 9–13 hours
• mCPP: 3–16 hours
Excretion
Urine: 70–75%
Feces: 21%
Identifiers
IUPAC name
2-{3-[4-(3-Chlorophenyl)piperazin-1-yl]propyl}[1,2,4]triazolo[4,3-a]pyridin-3(2H)-one

Pharmacology

Trazodone is a mixed agonist and antagonist of various serotonin receptors, antagonist of adrenergic receptors, weak histamine H1 receptor antagonist, and weak serotonin reuptake inhibitor. More specifically, it is an antagonist of 5-HT2A and 5-HT2B receptors, a partial agonist of the 5-HT1A receptor, and an antagonist of the α1- and α2-adrenergic receptors. It is also a ligand of the 5-HT2C receptor with lower affinity than for the 5-HT2A receptor. However, it is unknown whether trazodone acts as a full agonist, partial agonist, or antagonist of the 5-HT2C receptor. Trazodone is a 5-HT1A receptor partial agonist similarly to buspirone and tandospirone but with comparatively greater intrinsic activity. A range of weak affinities (Ki) have been reported for trazodone at the human histamine H1 receptor, including 220 nM, 350 nM, 500 nM, and 1,100 nM.

Priapism Warning!!!!

A relatively rare side effect associated with trazodone is priapism, likely due to its antagonism at α-adrenergic receptors. More than 200 cases have been reported, and the manufacturer estimated that the incidence of any abnormal erectile function is about one in 6,000 male patients treated with trazodone. The risk for this side effect appears to be greatest during the first month of treatment at low dosages (i.e. <150 mg/day). Early recognition of any abnormal erectile function is important, including prolonged or inappropriate erections, and should prompt discontinuation of trazodone treatment. Spontaneous orgasms have also been reported with trazodone in men.

Clinical reports have described trazodone-associated psychosexual side effects in women as well, including increased libido, priapism of the clitoris, and spontaneous orgasms.

- @deficiT

Last edited by a moderator:
Trazodone is amazing! In small doses its used as a sleep aid, and in larger doses an antidepressant. A small 50mg dose puts me out. Good stuff

Yea, I just tried 25mg for the first time last night and It put me out. I didnt feel any Euphria though. Or and muscle ease. But I did wake up w/ a booner the size of Brooklyn. I couldnt loose it for 45min.=D LOL
How many MG did you take?

But anyway, I think If I take 75mg tonight, I can possibly have a pretty good euporic expeirience, yes?:\

They fed this to me in rehab. Everyone in there loved the shit. When it was time to get meds, it was the most anticipated med. Haha, i jsut remembered a song some kid there made about it. I never got too euphoric but it was enjoyable nonetheless. -Spaz-

wtf

what are you guys on because when I take it I just feel nasty anticholinergic effects

I mean it works for sleep, but "sedating mdma," come on!

melange said:
wtf

what are you guys on because when I take it I just feel nasty anticholinergic effects

Maybe the mg usage counts:\
How much you take will alter the intensity, like any other substance.

i get real euphoric from it. also it's interesting to note that its major metabolite m-cpp is similar to ecstasy, and is a serotonin and norepinephrine agonist.

im on 200mg of it a day for my depression an anxiety, i take it at night though right before i go to bed tho so i dont really feel the effects. I did take it earlier in the day once though and it did knock me out

melange said:
wtf

^^^Same here, I didnt really see any recreational potential in this pharmaceutical

Yeah I take 100 mg a day for my GAD anxiety disorder at night before bedtime just to ensure that I sleep all the way through. I don't get any euphoria from it though, it just puts me to sleep. I think I have gotten a tolerance to it though because the first two months it worked great and now I only sleep like 3-4 hours on it if I am very nervous or anxious. I take xanax xr during the day for my anxiety. I am thinking of asking my doctor to up my dosage but don't want to gain weight because I know it is a anti-depressant. but I hate not sleeping at night :(

i've taken this in small doses as a sleep aide, 25-50mg. subjectively, it feels like diphenhydramine or cyclobenzeprine. nothing sepcial, but useful none the less.

Alright, now I am really pissed. I am sick with the flu, and NEED to sleep, took a 100 mg trazadone plus my xanax and I still can't sleep. WTH????? Help......

trazadone sucks IMO all it does for me is give e crazy cotton mouth and wierd electric shocks

I dislike trazadone also. It does knock me out, but I literally cannot get out of bed the next morning/afternoon! I have like a heavy ass feeling in my head, and I'm so unmotivated that I really wish to just lay there for hours. It's not conducive to an active lifestyle, that's for sure! Trazadones are not for me!

I take 150mg (my prescribed dose), and have taken up to 300mg at one time before just as a one time thing to see what heavier doses are like.

You can really only stay awake for about 1 hr 30 minutes TOPS after putting those things down your throat, but for the couple minutes after they kick in its like fucking heaven. Don't have a care in the world, and everything seems laughable.

Shit. I just knocks me out. Which is good when I just can't deal with life. Hmm I should see if its marketable.

SpunkySkunk347 said:
I take 150mg (my prescribed dose), and have taken up to 300mg at one time before just as a one time thing to see what heavier doses are like.

You can really only stay awake for about 1 hr 30 minutes TOPS after putting those things down your throat, but for the couple minutes after they kick in its like fucking heaven. Don't have a care in the world, and everything seems laughable.
Sounds like a good way to get rid of the 200mg I have left.
Maybe swig down 50mg of Diphe w/ it.
mmmm;) Sounds like its gonna be a fun night.

SpunkySkunk347 said:
Anyone had any experiences with this stuff?
It's a direct 5-HT2 antagonist with anti-depressant and sedative effects.
I love it. I was given a trial of it and actually requested it over benzos, I would say it almost feels like sedating MDMA.
You constantly laugh at anything and everything. All anxiety diminshes and you are left with a simple yet satisfying euphoria.
I made a short list of effects I've noticed.

Positive:
-Light Euphoria
-Anxiolytic
-Sedating
-Mood Lift and Uncontrollable Laughter

Neutral:
-Loss of Motor Skills
-Increased feeling of gravity (feels like your limbs are being pulled down to the ground)
-Visual Distortions

Negative:
-Headache
-Possibility of Priapism (a never ending erection that requires going to a hospital to reverse)
-Nausea
-Dizzyness
-Delerious mind-set (aural hallucinations, not fun)
-Overwhelming feeling of uncontrollable sedation (not comparable to anything else I've ever tried, although slightly similar to the "overwhelming" feeling you get from DXM.)
-Amnesia
TRAZODONE IS A SHIT DRUG, It's not fun at all! It makes me hallucinate and feel like shit and you comparing it to MDMA is just fucking retarded, IT IS NOTHING LIKE MDMA. You must get some really shitty ecstasy to even think about comparing the two.

I hated this stuff when I was on it as a sleep med. I eventually needed more and more to get to sleep and eventually I was up to wild amounts (like 200 mg) and that wouldn't even do anything anymore!

Trazadone sucks imo, its good to knock you out but then your body can easily gain a tolerance.