• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How does one tell the purity of street heroin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebobjohn

Bluelighter
My friend is planning on getting some heroin from someone who claims it's "pure," "china white" heroin, but without the fentanyl.

Are there any simple chemicals my friend can mix the heroin with after he gets it to make sure it's pure, or are there any other simple tests to make sure the heroin isn't mixed with chalk, talcom powder, FENTANYL (because that will kill my friend for sure), rat poison, or any random white powder a dealer could potentially mix with white heroin to increase his profits?

Basically, are there any simple way to test the purity of heroin?

Also, sidenote (since i dont wanna make another topic), i have the same question about ecstasy, or ""pure"" MDMA powder, that my friend also plans on getting. How does one test the purity of MDMA, to make sure no chalk or anything else is in it?

Thanks so much :)

dancesafe.org sells testing kits to test X. I am not real familiar with them, so you would be better off going there and reading about them.

As for heroin, there is no way to tell the exact purity or what it is cut with other than having it tested in a lab. BTW, I can pretty much gaurantee that it is not pure. Your best bet is to start out with a tiny bit and work your way up until you see how much you need.

but if the heroin isn't pure and i cant test it before taking it, how do i know it doesnt have poison in it, for instance?
i mean dealers will do anything to make money. my friend bought "morphine" pills from some guy on haight street in SF (with a red eye, literally. probably a sign he should have stayed away).

anyway, he spent decent money, and they turned out to be pills that make ones heart beat harder. like for heart disease. could have totally fucked him up, caused cardiac arrest, who knows. luckily my friend checked the pill labels online

Why would a dealer cut their product with poison? That's a sure way to lose customers. People tend not to buy heroin from you anymore once they're dead.

It'll most likely be cut with something like baby lax or flour or whatever. If it was actually pure, you'd only need something like a few mg's to get off.

Are you injecting it, snorting it, smoking it?

Heart disease pills don't make your heart beat faster. What was in them exactly? I'm interested now. Apomorphine? Doubtful...

I doubt taking one or two pills would have killed him. Either you or your 'friend' needs to chill out a bit. You're way to freaking nervous to be doing drugs.

There's no easy way to tell how pure it is. The best way is to just use some- a very small amount and work your way up.

If you're snorting it, it's even safer (or smoking it). Although shooting up small amounts repeatedly would be even safer (very small amounts).

Smart small and work up- that's all anyone can tell you.

BTW- How many doses can an opiate neophyte get out of a 100mg stamp bag?

Ham-milton said:
If you're snorting it, it's even safer (or smoking it). Although shooting up small amounts repeatedly would be even safer (very small amounts).

Smart small and work up- that's all anyone can tell you.

Now I'm curious. Shooting small amounts would be even safer than snorting or smoking? Is that how you meant that?

I guess it would be in terms of not OD'ing. Since injections comes on very quickly, you'll be able to know almost instantly whether your dose is working or not.

Whereas with snorting it you have to wait to feel the effects, so some people might start to snort more and more until BAM! OD.

Smoking it not being safe...well I guess it comes on quick like IV, but who knows whether the cuts are safe to combust. Could degrade into something toxic...

And I agree with Ham about the OP...you guys need to chill, big time. Pop a valium or something ;)

mikebobjohn said:
but if the heroin isn't pure and i cant test it before taking it, how do i know it doesnt have poison in it, for instance?
i mean dealers will do anything to make money. my friend bought "morphine" pills from some guy on haight street in SF (with a red eye, literally. probably a sign he should have stayed away).

anyway, he spent decent money, and they turned out to be pills that make ones heart beat harder. like for heart disease. could have totally fucked him up, caused cardiac arrest, who knows. luckily my friend checked the pill labels online

OMG, you are way to paranoid to be doing drugs.

Anyway, you are not going to get pure heroin, it just isn't going to happen. Dealers usually don't cut dope with poison because if you kill everybody who buys dope from you, who is going to buy dope from you?

Your friend was probably just walking around looking like a sucker asking every random person he walked by if they would sell him drugs. Then he happened to ask a guy who had his medicine in his pocket and said, uh ya, I have morphine pills right here. The guy sold a few of his pills and made $100 because your friend is naive, doesn't know how to cop and got took.

When you are just walking around somewhere you are not familiar with, you can get burned, like your friend did. However, most dealers won't burn you and won't cut their dope with something that is going to hurt you because then you won't buy from them and the reason they sell dope is to make money.

Even if you could test it, how could you possibly test it for everything in the world that is not safe to ingest? You couldn't. So snort or smoke a tiny bit until you see how much you need.

i use to get these yellow red and orange speckled color mainly red-ish eyes on E pills, they were banging and a lil trippy. Maybe someone sold your friend an e pill and hes just not the sharpest crayon in the box?

dude jus do a bump from the sack when you get it.

a BUMP.
meaning the size of the red head part of a match. wait 15-20 minutes and take a lil more and a lil moe until you feel to where you wanna be at.

like everyone said already, and anybody else can with great certainty, your not gonna get pure, cut/adulterant free heroin. unless your boy knows the guy shippin it to the USA, i severely doubt that. hes jus sayin what any other dealer would say to a customer to make em buy what they got.

jus do bumps at a time.
ive never done powder heroin, the only connect i got is for tar. but id do bumps if i were you. like bulldogg said its nearly impossible to find out the purity by a "do it yourself " method.

Ham-milton said:
BTW- How many doses can an opiate neophyte get out of a 100mg stamp bag?

depending on the purity, id say around 5 doses, that would be less than 20mg's a pop so that would be a nice starting dose, but it also depends on your MOA

i could sure go for some right about now :\

bulldog8b said:
OMG, you are way to paranoid to be doing drugs.

Anyway, you are not going to get pure heroin, it just isn't going to happen. Dealers usually don't cut dope with poison because if you kill everybody who buys dope from you, who is going to buy dope from you?

Your friend was probably just walking around looking like a sucker asking every random person he walked by if they would sell him drugs. Then he happened to ask a guy who had his medicine in his pocket and said, uh ya, I have morphine pills right here. The guy sold a few of his pills and made $100 because your friend is naive, doesn't know how to cop and got took.

When you are just walking around somewhere you are not familiar with, you can get burned, like your friend did. However, most dealers won't burn you and won't cut their dope with something that is going to hurt you because then you won't buy from them and the reason they sell dope is to make money.

Even if you could test it, how could you possibly test it for everything in the world that is not safe to ingest? You couldn't. So snort or smoke a tiny bit until you see how much you need.

Haha.. good post

Listen to what this thread has to tell you mike, its all truth.

well unless you have a lab and a GC/MS unit your best bet would be to do it the way everyone else does....start with a little BUMP and work your way up from there. one of the drawbacks of buying drugs off the street is that you never really know whats in there. and with heroin since its all cut at some point, if that bugs you out then maybe its not for you.

Sadly, as you can imagine, a great many scuzzy scag pushers are going to go on about how pure their dope is. Truth is, nothing even close to pure ever leaves Asia/South America, not for decades. Unless you have access to a GC/MS machine and a lab, you're going to have to take the plunge and try to find a reliable source :/

If you're that paranoid about the purity of street drugs- just don't do 'em. Get a script for some vicodin and swallow a few. You'll get high- I promise

also, isn't it very hard, especially for a newb, to get white in san francisco?

try sniffing it first if u dont use u should get a good nod in a few minutes only sniff a bump or two

Status
Not open for further replies.