Does anyone have questions on bodybuilding supplements?

For the person in the UK...

You can buy Dextrose/Glucose in most supermarkets. I just picked up some from Co-Op. We don't really have anything equivelent to Gatorade powder. I have noticed a few places that have started to sell hydration salt drink powders (Boots and Superdrug). These have dextrose and elctrolytes in em. There are also some with added things like caffine, taurine, ginseng, etc. I've not tried em tho as they look like they'd taste pretty rank. Id just buy what you need in bulk and make em yourself.

Whoops just went down to Asda and saw that we do actually have lucozade powder... Must just be hard to find- I don't remember seeing it before!

Question.

Im currently on a stand alone cycle of Mass FX, but have some Original HD Anabolic Agent (A mix of 50mg Halodrol and 50mg PeraPlex)

Would it be alright to take mabey half a cap, three times a week (on days I work out to prevent muscle breakdown during workout). The only reason I ask is that i'm 18 and brought them from a website said they are good for 18+ however after educating myself on prohormones I think 21+ is probley best.

Would it be 'that' bad taking half a cap (25mg of each PH) on workout days?

I'm 6'0 175lbs ectomorph 9% BF btw

Taking on workout only days is a bad idea, you want to do a proper cycle which is a 4 week for halodrols (if you have real halodrols, as in the turanibol analogue pills, the ones that also had dimethyltest in them if they were gaspari brand names, NOT the liquid gel ones, those are not ph's).

Taking half capsules probably would be pointless as well, and also at your age I'm gonna tell you what everyone else prolly will, that you're too young (and based on your height/weight ratios I can tell right away that you're new-ish to training cuz that's pretty skinny, so you wouln[t get as much out of a cycle as you would after doing a while of proper training and understanding how to gain w/o ph's. Nevermind that your odds of keeping any of the gains are likely very low (given training history and the glaring absence of any mention of, say, tamoxifen or any pct plans you had in place. When I did the real halodrols, I needed to start tamoxifen on like day 7, so I can't even recommend halodrols much in the first place, but moreso in your situation).

Just looking for some feedback on my current suppliment regime what it might be missing and what might not be needed?

Obviously Im eating right lots of wholegrain bread, eggs, fish, chicken breast, lean meat, stirfry, pasta, vegies, and drink tonnes of water. But aside from that im having:

Protein 3 scoops a day (1 in morning, 1 post workout, and 1 right before bed)
and its called Lean Gain by PVL (might be Australian company if no ones heard of it)

Creatine Micronised (1 scoop post workout)

Dextros Sugar (1 teaspoon post workout)

I just ran out of multivitamins and fishoil tablets I was also taking as reccommended by the suppliment store but they are expensive and not sure how much value is in them??

Also ..... Argynine (sp) I was taking 3 scoops of N.O Xplode before workouts didnt buzz me up a tonne, maybe a little bit, is Argynine a waste of cash?

Should i just stick to ahealthy diet, creatine and protein?

Not needed:
arginine of any form
noxplode (caffeine is an equal enough substitute if needed)

Needed:
multivitamins (just stay w/ something cheap, it's an insurance policy more than anything)
fish oils

bingalpaws said:
When I did the real halodrols, I needed to start tamoxifen on like day 7, so I can't even recommend halodrols much in the first place, but moreso in your situation).

Why, did you get soreness in the chest? When i took androstenedione in high school i had some pronounced soreness; i was too stupid at the time to realize precisely why...

lol highschool juicing, is there anything dumber? ;)

In high school I took either real or fake winstrols when I was at maybe 5-6%bf levels, thinking I'd get huge lol, never even heard of pct haha.

About the halos, it wasn't so much soreness as sensitivity - I'd feel my shirt rubbing my left nipple so I knew that wasn't a good sign, I just started the tamoxifen at a low dose (maybe 10mg, does that sound about right? Been a while since I had to drink that nasty peppermint shit!) to be safe, otherwise I would've just stopped immediately and started the pct. Adding the tamoxifen kept it at bay and reduced it, never got any visible signs of gyno or anything, it never left the sensitive/itching phase luckily.

i ran 10 week cycle of test e and 8 week cycle of dbol and i noticed that anytime i tried doin anything like physical activity like running and/or football and shit my shin muscle would cramp up like no other, i wasnt sure if it was from the gear or wat, but i have never had any pain like that before, they would get sooo tight and cramped up i could barely walk.

I started taking iron and zinc every day and bcaa's with every other meal in my 6 meal scheme, and after a week I noticed i am maintaining my gains much more. I think they helped round out some of the poorer-nutrients in my diet, as I may have a deficiency. Of course I just am taking cheap shit, but I swear it is the only thing I am doing differently and I notice a fuller size... maybe its in my head.. but my family has remarked about my size that is seeming to grow again...

deadeye said:
Dextros Sugar (1 teaspoon post workout)

Id up this a bit if your looking to bulk. The rest of your diet seems pretty healthy from what you mentioned so I wouldn't worry about upping this to 2 tablespoons (which would be closer to 30g).

taking your protein with milk before bed will help slow down digestion a little. You would be better having a more solid protein source before bed such as eggs or steak or something. It is an arse to prepare and eat things like this I know but will help a little.

bingalpaws said:
Omega3's are awesome, fish oil is an excellent source (note that flax oil, upon a glance, may seem better, but it's not. Although flax oil has a ton of omega3 per serving it's ala form, where we want epa+dha, so the high dose ala in flax isn't better than your lower epa/dha fish oils).

Just wondering what benifits epa/dha would have on ala. I usually eat fish about once a day (tin of tuna or a couple of salmon steaks) and have a hemp seed oil that I take regularly (which is mainly ala- mix of 3,6,9 omegas). Would there be much benefit to me switching to fish oil? Or using both?

p-mo:
thanks I missed the dextrose dosing, yeah 1 tsp is prolly around 5g of dextrose, so 20 calories, you'd wanna up that a good amount.

About ala, it's easier to get huge amounts down through things like flax, but unfortunately ala is just a really shitty form of omega 3 that, after conversion to usable forms, is only a fraction of the stated value. EPA and DHA are fine though, which is why I'd always go with a lower omega3 content from fish oils (epa+dha) than a larger amount of inferior ala from flax oil/grounds. I'd never recommend against using both though, I always like multilple sources and used to take flax on top of fish oils (flax liquid in shakes and fish oils with my vitamins).

sneilburg3000 said:
i ran 10 week cycle of test e and 8 week cycle of dbol and i noticed that anytime i tried doin anything like physical activity like running and/or football and shit my shin muscle would cramp up like no other, i wasnt sure if it was from the gear or wat, but i have never had any pain like that before, they would get sooo tight and cramped up i could barely walk.
Sorry bro I'm just tryin to help out on over the counter supplements in this thread, you should start a new thread on that and you'll get much better replies than from this thread.

fukhed14 said:
I started taking iron and zinc every day
Why iron? If you're not a vegetarian, and not a female (well, a menstrating female to be precise), there's no need for supplemental iron.

As far as zinc goes, yes if you're deficient, you've got a problem. However, that's the catch 22 of the zinc supplements. They design and sell them on the idea that, if low on zinc, you can have lower test output (and other issues as well). The idea is that correcting the zinc deficiency fixes the test issue and addresses the problem - but it really doesn't. The problem is that, if you're deficient in zinc, your diet is almost guaranteed to be subpar and, w/o bringing that into place first, the correction of a zinc deficiency will be meaningless. Hell, maybe it'd help you for a week or two, I dunno, but the diet that caused the deficiency WILL NOT let you gain muscle over a longer period of time. Once you address that (ie eat a shit ton more=D ), just the raw amount of food consumed all but guarantees you'll be fully supplied with almost every macro and micro nutrient your body needs, and just to be safe I always recommend tossing in a generic multivitamin (flinstones, centrum, 1 a days, whatever, just find one withOUT iron in it).

fukhed14 said:
and bcaa's
Same thing I said about the zinc applies to the amino acids - they're of no use for gaining muscle (bcaa pills, specifically, obviously aminos/bcaa's are required for anabolism, but your food provides plenty). If you're hitting your protein goals for the day, which you need to if you want to continue to gain muscle, you will have taken in enough bcaa's, it's just that simple. You could probably pop onto google and find out what the bcaa breakdown is in, say, just a regular glass of milk, you'd be surprised the bcaa levels you consume daily - IF you're taking in enough protein, but that's a necessity, so if you're doing so, there's no need for the bcaa's, and if you're not doing so, the bcaa's cannot fix that.

fukhed14 said:
with every other meal in my 6 meal scheme,
Do you have a rough idea of calories per meal, and what's your current weight?

fukhed14 said:
and after a week I noticed i am maintaining my gains much more.
Well, I hate to say this but you need to just use the scale, weigh in in the mornings before breakfast and after the bathroom, same scale, same clothes, etc. After a week there aren't really much/any gains, so for you to have noticed a higher level of maintenance of gains, there's something wrong there.. also, gains should be maintained w/o question through the bulk, you shouldn't be regressing at all, not only are your gains maintained, they're steadily increased through the duration of your bulking phase.

fukhed14 said:
I think they helped round out some of the poorer-nutrients in my diet, as I may have a deficiency.
Again, if your diet even allows a deficiency in stuff like zinc, you're almost certainly not eating enough. Also, if you truly were deficient in 1 or 2 of the aforementioned micronutrients, it's highly unlikely there aren't more. But don't think you need to buy more vitamins, you need to eat more food, correct these deficiencies through eating and just take a centrum or generic multivitamin as a safety pill.

fukhed14 said:
Of course I just am taking cheap shit,
That's fine most of the time, it's always walking the line of quality. I always go with the cheapest brand possible that I trust isn't fucking contaminated/impure, and has what it's label says in terms of potency. Almost always a store brand product.

fukhed14 said:
but I swear it is the only thing I am doing differently
a week is no time to recognize gains, visible gains w/o gear or anything in a week long period will only be from your diet manipulation and not muscle growth, the mirror can deceive =D

fukhed14 said:
and I notice a fuller size... maybe its in my head..
Unsure what 'fuller' means, usually thrown around with 'toned' and other vague, generally meaningless terms. Keep an eye on the 2 important #'s, your bodyweight and a rough idea of your bodyfat%, so you know if you need to in/decrease those calories.

my fault bingalpaws i didnt even take notice that this thread is about over the counter supps

ha that's cool, I just don't really know more than the most basic stuff and I think only a couple people posting in this thread are familiar, the general steroid threads will get a much better response.

Hey guys, I made a thread on this but really want to get the most information I can about it.

I'm about to start taking pills that consist of two supplements, the pills don't have a brand name because they were banned. The first supplement is 2a, dimethyl- 4-androstenedione (10 milligrams) and the second supplement is 4 chloro 17a-methyl-androst-1,4-diene-3-17b-diol (25 milligrams). Has anyone ever heard of this? My friends been using them with great results, just wanted to get some more info on it before I started taking them.

they're, well the chem names sound exactly like, prohormones. You'll have to search around to find out exactly what those are before you take them, and know what you're getting into. I wouldn't touch them til I had pct in place, but beyond that this thread is for otc supplements and not ph's/gear.