Does anyone have questions on bodybuilding supplements?

eDDe9 said:
Ever heard of mood swings after eating 4 steaks?
I've eaten 4 steaks in 6 hours.. and I've got the meat sweats, as well as a temper, getting really snappy at anything and everything lol.
Is this just a coincidence?
Heh... let me try to explain this as best I can. If you're feeling 'juiced up', it's got nothing to do with the meat or the protein, I can assure you of that, it's simply a psychological phenomenon that tends to happen when people start training and/or start to really kick ass in training.

need some help:

just kicked heroin this week, using bupe. IM SO SKINNY. Im 5'10ish more like 5'11 and i weigh 153 lbs! im so skinny you can see my ribs. my stomache looks gross. i wrestled in high school (freshman) and wrestled in the heavyweight (200+ division) im a college kid now, my diet consists of ez mac, doritos, a banana, cheese and crackers, etc.

im about to start a relatively intense workout schedule next week at my schools gym. my goal is to get RIPPED. Im skinny enough to where abs shouldnt be a problem. i know how to workout.

supplements are kinda foreign to me. ive been told to pick up plenty of whey and some no xplod. i dont know whether i need to take some sort of fat burner (i can find good ones) to knock off any excess fat. the question is, since im this skinny now, should i be using a weight gainer?

any help is appreciated, im clean now, time to get healthier.

thanks in advance

Only supplements i take are multivitamins, 5grams of creatine monohydrate, 5 grams of L-glutamine, protein shake, and fish oil vitamins immediately after working out. I've been doing this for years and its worked great. Its cheap and gets the job done as long as you eat sleep and train properly.

iv been inhaling OMEGA 3 fish oil gel tablets latly myself, the last 2months or so. Really really helped with my wrist problems, circulation *helping achieve that intense PUMP* flexibility and many other things im sure, also i sometimes do literal shots of protein powder & chase a full scoop of powder with milk, just dont breath when thats in your mouth unless you'd like to experience a "lung of hurt"

FrostyMcFailure said:
iv been inhaling OMEGA 3 fish oil gel tablets latly myself, the last 2months or so. Really really helped with my wrist problems, circulation *helping achieve that intense PUMP* flexibility and many other things im sure, also i sometimes do literal shots of protein powder & chase a full scoop of powder with milk, just dont breath when thats in your mouth unless you'd like to experience a "lung of hurt"

I do that with creatine. No taste to it so its ok

bingalpaws said:
Heh... let me try to explain this as best I can. If you're feeling 'juiced up', it's got nothing to do with the meat or the protein, I can assure you of that, it's simply a psychological phenomenon that tends to happen when people start training and/or start to really kick ass in training.

Heh =D

memphis10 said:
need some help:

just kicked heroin this week, using bupe. IM SO SKINNY. Im 5'10ish more like 5'11 and i weigh 153 lbs! im so skinny you can see my ribs. my stomache looks gross. i wrestled in high school (freshman) and wrestled in the heavyweight (200+ division) im a college kid now, my diet consists of ez mac, doritos, a banana, cheese and crackers, etc.

im about to start a relatively intense workout schedule next week at my schools gym. my goal is to get RIPPED. Im skinny enough to where abs shouldnt be a problem. i know how to workout.

supplements are kinda foreign to me. ive been told to pick up plenty of whey and some no xplod. i dont know whether i need to take some sort of fat burner (i can find good ones) to knock off any excess fat. the question is, since im this skinny now, should i be using a weight gainer?

any help is appreciated, im clean now, time to get healthier.

thanks in advance

Before I can even really help, you need to determine whether you want to gain muscle or lose fat first. Because they require opposite states that cannot be held simultaneously (a calorie surplus and a calorie deficit), you'll need to choose whether you want to 'bulk' or 'cut' first. Most people trying to gain muscle will go back and forth, although some people rarely, if ever, need cut phases.

aanallein said:
Only supplements i take are multivitamins, 5grams of creatine monohydrate, 5 grams of L-glutamine, protein shake, and fish oil vitamins immediately after working out. I've been doing this for years and its worked great. Its cheap and gets the job done as long as you eat sleep and train properly.
Amen to all of that except the l-glutamine, I'd drop that stuff personally. If your diet's in place your glut intake will be completely adequate, buying the powder is just blowing cash for no/little benefit. There's only very specific instances where I've ever seen glutamine demonstrated to be worthwhile, but they're not strength/size scenarios (more for maintaining LBM on really steep cuts).

FrostyMcFailure said:
Omega3's are awesome, fish oil is an excellent source (note that flax oil, upon a glance, may seem better, but it's not. Although flax oil has a ton of omega3 per serving it's ala form, where we want epa+dha, so the high dose ala in flax isn't better than your lower epa/dha fish oils).

lol you're joking about the pump right? =D

And that powder thing, fucking wow! Props to ya on that, I don't think I could physically do that, even if I got it down I'd puke it out. Blech. I can barely stand small chunks in my shakes lol.

(shit - someone mentioned noxplode, whoever did all I can say on that is you should wait til the lawsuit they're in over noxplode is over to see how you feel about them ;) )

I'm finding it impossible to get enough calories in me, let alone protein and carbs.

Are there any short-cuts I can take?

absolutely - fat is your friend ;). Fat has 9 calories per gram, compared to only 4 from a gram of either carbs or protein. Because of this, fatty foods are a great staple for someone having issues getting down enough calories. Do you like peanut butter? How much are you already using? Peanut butter is just amazing for calories, try tossing it into a couple shakes a day to boost them by ~200-400 calories/shake.

These bars are awesome too, my fridge has had a batch of these pretty much 24/7 for the past several years:
"1 cup peanut butter
8 tablespoons honey
1&1/4 cups chocolate whey protein powder
1 cup of uncooked oatmeal

Mix the pb and honey in a bowl, microwave on full for 80 secs. Add the rest and mix together (get your hands in man!!) ADD A SPLASH OF MILK IF OVERLY DRY!!! but will be somewhat dry in bowl Can add raisins/nuts etc to taste. Firmly press into 8x8 tray and leave for 20 mins. Cut into 8 to 10 equal bars and wrap and store in fridge!!

Approx Nutrition values of entire recipe.
2800 calories
175 gr protien
200 gr carbs
145 gr fat"

That's brilliant, thanks.
I've just been scoffing tins of baked beans recently. Will do what you've suggested

Some other things I find are that I can get down much bigger meals in the morn and nighttime than during the day, so I capitalize on that. In the morning I always start off with a gigantic smoothie, and at nighttime eat fattier, snack stuff right before bed (well, 'snack' meaning stuff like frozen mozarella sticks, breaded chicken, potato skins, etc, not candy lol).

Keep in mind that the calories need to be in place, as does the protein. Even if you need to eat mcdonald's to hit your calorie marks, it's fine. It's not the healthiest thing, obviously, but I'm not exaggerating or anything when I say you could use ice cream and french fries to meet your calorie requirements for the day, it's just that it's not so great for your general health. It will definitely get your calories in line though and in this context, that's all that matters ;).

Forgot I don't have a microwave.. hmm

When I've got spare money, I love going for a large KFC wicked zinger tower meal after the gym. Its not healthy on its own, but nothing is. All part of a balanced diet.

What do you have in your smoothies? I might get a smoothie juicer thingy and stock up on berries and ice cream etc.

a juicer is different, I just grab my blender and toss in, at minimum:
milk
ice cubes
frozen berries
lotta peanut butter
protein/chocolate quik mix
coffee
yogurt

Fuck me this smoothie is giving me a hit.
I've got a ton of raspberries
3 big scoops of peanut butter
UK pint and a half of whole milk
3 scoops of whey
2 scoops of creatine
1 teaspoon of freshly ground coffee
ice cubes
table spoon of honey

Off to the gym now :D
Just hope I haven't lost any strength by not going for 4 days :(

EDIT: is there anyway cocaine can aid in bodybuilding?

eDDe9 said:
Fuck me this smoothie is giving me a hit.
I've got a ton of raspberries
3 big scoops of peanut butter
UK pint and a half of whole milk
3 scoops of whey
2 scoops of creatine
1 teaspoon of freshly ground coffee
ice cubes
table spoon of honey

Off to the gym now :D
Just hope I haven't lost any strength by not going for 4 days :(

EDIT: is there anyway cocaine can aid in bodybuilding?

Cocaine is a horrible drug for bodybuilding especially if you're trying to build lean muscle mass.....It increases your heartrate and suppresses your apetite...It is also VERy dangerous to be lifting weights with cocaine in your system..I know this from personal experince..Unless it's 92% beautiful imported cocaine (Which we all know probably isn't) then I'd stay away...

Try 200mg caffeine or REDLINE made by VPX

ya cocaine isn't going to be doing much of anything to help and definitely has several avenues to hurt.

Ok, was just wondering about a bump of coke pre-big lift.. but I guess the invincibility feeling is all in your head ;)

More powerfull CNS stimulants (like cocaine) have pretty pronounced catabolic properties, which essentially means it works against your gains. Perhaps in small enough single doses it could be used for energy, but the increase in heart rate and BP could be dangerous (i doubt fatal, but dangerous nonetheless). I would wager to say that amphetamines would be a a degree safer for these purposes, but the same issues could arise. Ritalin and to a lesser extent adderal would be the safest of the stimulant type drugs to take before exercise (though not entirely safe either)...