• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Holding in the smoke

SlayerLayer

Bluelighter
I'm relatively new at doing meth. I heard that you should never hold in your smoke because it will re-crystalize in your lungs. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? I'm always paranoid that I've held it in too long.
Also, I'm always afraid that I'm going to smoke too much, as I don't really know how much is too much. Does it take a lot to OD on this stuff?
I'm new here, and am almost afraid to ask these questions for fear of being flamed. I guess I just want to make sure that I know what's safe and what's not.
Thanx
Slayer

Smoking meth is bad, but the "crystalize in your lungs" things is bullshit... overdose? Not likely... you might have a heart attack but you won't overdose from smoking...
------------------
# unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

I know people who hold it in and one's that dont, i dont think it matter's that much.. I know people who smoke a 1/2 gr. each time they smoke and that is about every couple hours, so i would'nt worry about overdosing either.. So stop smoking when you feel way to high!!!
Ive been told you cant really overdose on meth when doing a reasonable amout.. Ive seen people bang 1 1/2 gr. and only cough a couple times and be fine ?
------------------
It doesnt matter whats right it's only wrong if you get caught

its weird, because everyone around here tells me to blow the smoke out right away, and say it is really harmfull....R all of them just stupid or what? why would so many people tell me to blow the smoke out right away when it doesnt really matter?
------------------
I dont like the drugs.
The Drugs Like Me.
-M.M

Thanks guys, I really apreciate the info. This is really the only hard drug I've ever done. (I don't consider XTC, or Cid to be "hard" drugs)
I decided last night that I actually prefer snorting it. BTW, do any of you guys ever smoke weed while tweaking? I hit a gravity bong 3 times last night while I was REALLY tweaked out, and it was just plain NUTS. I still feel retarded.
Slayer

Smoking methamphetamine is not a safe practice, actually, smoking ANYTHING is not good as, well, you're taking burning chemicals into your lungs... now, factor in that with "meth" you could be smoking anything from salt to phosphorus, and it gets worse...
------------------

hey sup well ive been doin meth for a while now. Well about that crystalizin the lungs thing. Thats wut everybody that does meth use to tell me when i first started. just don't hold it in too long and if u want u could blow it out of your nose it will give u a lil bit more of a head rush. And to that Od thing. It would have to take a whole lot of meth to od. I don't think u really could od off of smoking it but... i think u could od off of snorting it and swallowing it. So don't really worry about the od thing. all i say is have fun. Don't worry about beehing flamed cuz they wont do it. your just curious about the drug and wut it's effects r. ok post up later. latez

You will not be in anymore danger from holding in the smoke as you would be from not. Meth is not burned as much as vaporized, not good for you…but nicotine is far more dangerous dose for dose, poison for poison.

Whether smoked or snorted, meth has a reputation for being a hard drug for good reason. If you do it enough, you are guaranteed to become psychotic and/or psychotically depressed for at least a few weeks. It really happens like clockwork. Stick to weed!

Shut up C_goerge, that sorta greenlighter blueshit makes you sound like some "say no to METH cocksucker"
If you havent got anything productive to say that will help out slayer then dont say anything at all.
Slayer: if its really so bad to keep in your lungs why would anyone put it there in the first place...keep your head, dont go on massive binges and dont do it on a regularr basis and im sure you'll be fine.

I think you're not supposed to hold it in because smoking it rots your teeth. Whether that's why you're not supposed to hold it in or not is debatable, but I know for sure that smoking it rots your teeth. My dentist is still wondering why these mysterious holes in my teeth keep appearing.

What does your teeth have to do with your lungs??? I was under the impression that your teeth rotted becouse you dont eat right so you dont get enough calcium and other things your body needs... If you take a fat bong rip why would you need to hold it in anyway??? its kinda cool coughin up peices of your lungs every once in a while
------------------

"its kinda cool coughin up peices of your lungs every once in a while"
yeah thats really cool...
------------------
i'm not an addict.
i'm a fiend.

Yah, your teeth could rot from lack of nutrients and malnutrition, but it also restricts the blood flow to your gums, thus making your teeth fall out.

Well your wondering about your loungs and shyt...naw your fine, but when i smoke alot of shards, or do alot of hotrails the shit crystalizes on the back of my throat and i know this may sound nasty, but if you cough some saliva up, you can see the crystals in it, remeber also that when you smoke shards it reaches your brain in 3 seconds, its hard to OD on trust me ive never seen nor heard of anyone Oding by smoking dope...just do some research and be safe

Thanks guys for the input. I ran out 2 days ago, and have been hell to live with . I think I'm gonna try laying off of it. It was really fun, but coming off of it is a real bitch.
Slayer

The best way to not feel like shit when coming off of it is to not come off of it...
------------------

Slinkydiva, I wouldn't get so defensive. Meth aint candy, and psychoisis happens if you over use it. Really, it isn't a myth or anything.
Your teeth fall our for other reasons, not holding in the smoke.
[This message has been edited by Dr. Quack (edited 06 September 2001).]

It's easier if I just lock this rather then edit out all the stupidity...
1) It does NOT "crystalize" in your lungs, throat, nose, brain, or anywhere else...
2) It's hard to overdose on meth, you're more likely to die from a heart attack then acute toxicity...
3) Good oral hygene = teeth that wont fall out.. end of story..
4) Meth can induce phychosis but you gotta put some effort into this one... a weekend of use will NOT have you nuts, maybe just a little tired...
------------------