Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Gardening Club: Ploughing FUBAR's infertile Fields

B9 said:
Nice job so far tho :)
Cheers, mate :)

Looking forward to seeing what stage you've reached.

eDDe9 said:
Good to see original bricks.
What area you living in?
Bricks?!!!

That's Bath stone, m'lad - might give you a clue as to where it is ;)

Felix said:
lovely garden fishy, i'm envious. is it all your own or shared with neighbours?

i like the way you've cheekily hung bird feeders on your neighbour's overhanging tree. where other people see a problem, you've seen an opportunity. %) ?
Cheers, Felix :)

We're really lucky, in that it's all our own.

Last edited:
I've tried uploading the three pictures I have but my PC is resolutely defiant despite my frowning & frantically clicking the mouse in an attempt to learn by my mistakes - ha ha - :D

It's something to do with the size of this thread on the PC screen, often I can't even post in such threads never mind add attachments :\

Try emailing them to me (I'll PM my address, in case you've mislaid it) and I'll see what I can do :)

Stone / Victorian bricks (what my house is made out of).. w/e

Bricks?!!!

I must admit I thought he was referring to the bricks "over the garden wall" !Which, as you so astutely noted,;) is indeed built of stone. Get cracking with the pointing. :p BTW did you lay those sissy sized excuses =D for paving yourself then fishy ?

I have your e-mail address!

Somewhere - in my e-mail account I reckon ;)

B9 said:
I must admit I thought he was referring to the bricks "over the garden wall" !Which, as you so astutely noted,;) is indeed built of stone
Apologies if that was the case, eDDe9 %)

B9 said:
Get cracking with the pointing. :p
Stupid sods have pointed it with a cement-based mortar - really needs all hacking out and re-doing with a good lime one - we'll see how time goes :\

B9 said:
BTW did you lay those sissy sized excuses =D for paving yourself then fishy ?;
Nope, that's how it came - and seeing that we rent the gaff, they can stay like that! ;)

^ So all the groundworks were "in situ" 8o ? Bloody hell I feel like I'm handicapped now :\ . Yes yes everyone, please do take the opportunity to reinforce that last statement please.;)

Typical mancunian terraces mean we have a concrete yard rather than a garden. I'm looking forward to spending time in Dad's helping him getting it back up to shape. He has let it go a little bit and needs some work.

f038f1d8uj3.jpg

Summer and a rainbow. I'm sure that tall trees now been cut shorter...It could even be gone!

0097tv8.jpg

Winter and empty trees

B9 said:
^ So all the groundworks were "in situ" 8o ? Bloody hell I feel like I'm handicapped now :\
Ah, but you've an able team of helpers - not a 6 months+ pregnant wife ;)

Lovely photo's, CCF, it looks like a beautiful part of the world. Hope you have a good time with your Dad when the time comes :)

Oh, and talking of photo's, those you emailed were too out of focus, Mr.B :(

:) The Norths pulling me back to it at the moment. Right on the horizon as far as you can see thats sunderland on the right and gateshead on the left you can in the winter photo.

Yeah you can see Sheilds docks & the North sea from pontop as well quite easily on a clear day. In fact I've a photo ( in focus & everything) which is taken from the Durham Northumberland border at the top of the pennines, a mile from which you can see the North sea. It must be at least 40 miles away from the coast. One of the unexpected benefits of hunting liberty caps seems to be that you discover some brilliant viewpoints in the realwhirled.

I'm going for a walk up to Pontop the first clear day there is when I'm back.....i want to be blown around and see things!

On a clear day you can see ferries on the sunderland sea from Dads place.

It's calm ATM -first time in days I've good gardening weather - & I went photographing frog spawn with M'n'M at a local swamp I used to play in as a kid - still going strong those frogs are.

Attachments

• frog spawn.JPG
    frog spawn.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 142
Oh wow frogs! I forgot it's coming up to that time of year, too long living in cities!

Hopefully we'll get some in our pond at home. No doubt it'll me my job to put some long gloves on lie on a plank on my stomach and dredge it! Ribbit! Can't buy any fish again now that we own a teenage kitten. Garden wildlife is going to be different now she's around.

I got tons of frog spawn atm, but might die if we have a night of frost.

I took 'measurements today & scrawled a plan in an old diary. Then I rested.

Gardening isn't to be rushed, according to legendary gardening guru Geoffrey Smith.

I believe him!

Fishface said:
Try emailing them to me (I'll PM my address, in case you've mislaid it) and I'll see what I can do :)
Master Fishy I shall attempt to display aforementioned pictures too !!!8o

We have actually made progress and it was only yesterday I was outside in the front garden digging away to make room for the spring plantees !!8o

BTW ye garden looks like a potential Nirvana !!%) ;) <3

Walls and stuff to work with too !!!=D

WE "ALL" look forward to seeing the results !!;) =D =D <3

Give love to Mrs + Baby Fishy !!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ;) ;) <3 <3 <3

^ Cheers, m'dear - will pass your greetings on to t'missus'n't'bump! The same to you'n'yours* :) <3 :) <3 :) <3 :)

B9 said:
I took 'measurements today & scrawled a plan in an old diary. Then I rested!

Gardening isn't to be rushed, according to legendary gardening guru Geoffrey Smith.

I believe him!
Absolutely! :D

Good to hear things are progressing and look forward to some less fuzzy 'before' shots ;)

Spent a couple of hours 'liberating' some additional stone from the adjoining 'spoilheap' on Saturday morning - purely so I could remove some large brambles roots, of course 8)

Rest of weekend spent indoors varnishing shelves, though :(

Ooh - but the infant pomegranate tree has arrived :D

* Hope you've recovered from your biking mishap <3

Photo Awaited

Shamelessly bumping this, so's B9 or MinM can post a 'before' photo or two, as discussed ;)