• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Gardening Club: Ploughing FUBAR's infertile Fields

I have a bit of an aversion to gardening, but love plants and flowers. I've got a few ideas for the ideal garden I'd like to have when I eventually buy my own home, but someone else will be doing the hard yards for me. :)

A veggie garden will definitely be on the cards.

Dont particularly do the ornamental stuff but might if I get a garden worth sitting in.

But house before last I had in Hulme the gardnen was a tip and the ground was stones and clay. I used a few bags of compost for topsoil and then got growbags for the tomatoes and pots for chillies then put the hardier stuff like rosemary and mint in the beds. Basil I never had any luck cultivating as the plants I got were too slow growing for the ravages of my herb hungry pasta.

Then I got raided and the landlord evicted me illegally and vindictively made me shred the lot 'to fit in the wheely bin as usual tenants don't like gardening' which broke my heart given the time I had spent.

Current place has nowhere out back but I think Im going to put a herb garden on the flat bay immediately below my room come march.

My garden currently resembles something between a bog and a small pond depending upon how recent the rain has fallen.

Roll on the summer.

Fishface said:
Just cut a section out of the principal root and it'll die, rather than use posion 8o

How long have you had your allotment, andy, and how much work does it take a week to keep things ticking along? I've thought of putting my name down for one before now.

Three years now,but i have always been green fingered. Its hard work, but rewarding, there is a "merry band" of allotment holders from ex SAS to beard weirds . It costs naff all , about £2.50 a year. There is a waiting list now for the one i'm on.. myself an the better half put in a fair few hours per week peak seasons, we have a greehouse too, but things don't really hot up till march, then its full on till sept/ oct. Its top, healthy outdoor fun, In the summer there is alot of watering to do.
The majority of holders are all organic, in what they do. ( thats good ) Everone is entitled to an allotment, I believe: excercise that right...

we are still enjoying the organic strawberry hipocras from last year( its a weird: kind of an organic maddog 20/20 , but much fun, and free almost. ) We do apple plums toms spuds strawbs onoions lettuce broc parsnips rasps leeks carrots beets & abit of asian veg the the moment , if ya wanna get sexy with allotments, poly tunnels are the way forward = )

Its something i can really recommend, its just a pain, if the allotment you pick up to start needs a fair bit of graft at the start to get it working, the food defo tastes better and its a wicked pace for a splifftastic bbq in the summer or solstices.

ps
I currently have no pony tail or beard (but have had in the past lol)

in short: recommened..

A most inspiring account, Andy!!! :)

Think I'll go and have a chat with some of the allotment-running folk I know round here (although I think I'll wait until next year to make a start, if possible, due to the impending arrival of a wee one!!!).

While I wouldn't call myself green-fingered, I've always enjoyed gardening and the thought of growing a significant part of our food really attracts, especially as food costs are likely to escalate sharply over the next few years :\

Sadly, a thoroughly soggy weekend prevented any further work in our garden :(

PS:
andybounce said:
I currently have no pony tail or beard (but have had in the past lol)
That makes two of us, on all counts!!! ;)

Snowing like fuck - no gardening today!

^ Nah my next move required an assitant & less than gale force winds - truly!

Wish I was there to help you, mate - truly - have a good weekend, eh? ;) %) <3

^ Tomorrow looks good weatherwise - we shall measure accvordingly - then decide & execute. :)

Have a good un yersel fishface baby <3

Love to everyone round you also (cept that silly cow who spent a third of a million on concrete pilings :! :! .)

This is my little piece of paradise, started from scratch with a excuvator and Bobcat to clear then laid the turf. 12months of paving and it is now complete. Includes vege patch which I grow anything from corn, lettace, rockmelon, squashes, stawberries and san pedro.

Unfortunatley my lawn is currently under attack from lawn grub so is less than impressive (old photo's) but not bad considering I'm in drought (5000l water tank helps).....

gardening001-1.jpg

gardening002.jpg

gardening003.jpg

Last edited:
B9 said:
Love to everyone round you also (cept that silly cow who spent a third of a million on concrete pilings :! :! .)
*hand on hips*

Oooh - don't get me started!

My principal client at present is one of the most successful hedge-fund managers in the UK, hence world.

Weird bloke. It's like he's not 'there' - as if you could put your hand through him - limp handshake, know what I mean?

Nice guy, like, if not a 'little' weird.

Well, he's having a 50th Birthday party tomorrow evening at his 'country residence'.

I was down there yesterday.

There's this marquee that isn't far off the area of a football pitch. There's a separate kitchen area, all fitted out to house nine chefs and their attendant staff.

The main area is split in half - one end for dining, the other for dancing.

Both areas ar fully carpeted and lined internally with ruched drapes. the ceiling in the dining area is the same material as the drapes, that in the dance area a black cloth containing thousands of LED's, so as to mimic the night sky.

There are a couple of DJ's and a band booked (no point asking whom, because I don't take any notice of such things anymore - MEMO TO SELF: You're getting old) and there are more crates of wine lying in the house to be transfered there than you'd see in a branch od Oddbins.

There are going to be 165 guests and the costs will be at least £1000 per head.

the do will last five hours and, first thing Monday, everything will be stripped down, with the drapes, carpets and other sundry items skipped and carted off to some landfill.

Fuckin' bonkers - that's all I can say - fuckin' bonkers :\

Please forgive my rudeness in not commenting on your beautiful garden, Busty St Clare :)

I really like the subtelty of such a restricted pallette - have to say that my tendencies are towards the cornucopia of shapes, smells and colours from an archetypal English country garden.

That's some bit of BBQ kit!

limp handshake, know what I mean?

Oddly enough fishface anyone who exerts an overly firm handshake I GO COMPLETELY LIMP WRISTED ( DELIBERTELY) & LOOK EM DEEP IN TH EYE IT'S A HOOT!

Last edited:
Get that MSN THIS TALKING TO MANY PEOPLE AT ONCE IS TOO MUCH FOR SMALL BRAINED FOLKS

^ I will sort it - promise <3

So, in amongst the Birthday shennanigans, did you manage to get anything done in the garden over the weekend, Mr.B?

^ I fixed the old lady next doors fence, it blew down in the mild 'breeze' I alluded to the other day, this 'breeze' has continued unabated, making progress unlikely for a few hours more at least - in my admittedly poor defence :eek: . Been reading a really interesting book on Wild food someone bought me as a present - best one I got!<3

For an objective (ha ha) definition of 'breeze' refer to F & B; he's got a little more insight into our 'breezes' than many other lowlanders.;)

I have strong memories of Northern 'breezes', from my times in Caledonia, but will check with F&B for his lowdown on the subject! :)

Collected a pile of pots from my father-in-law yesterday, together with a few plants, then set about sorting out the pile of stone that's accumulated in the garden over the ages, ready to construct a water feature - anyone out there with any experience in such things? :\

So looking forward to the clocks going forward, so can get on with things in the evenings, instead of having to wait for the weekend - not long now :D

ready to construct a water feature - anyone out there with any experience in such things

Aye I have - what do you call a water feature though?