• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The LSD Blotter Art Thread

GenericMind

Bluelighter
One of the most defining aspects of any given cuture is the art it produces, and the Drug Culture is no exception. A lot of amazing art sprung up in the 60s, from psychedelic music to psychedelic paintings, and still continues to be produced today. One of my favorite forms of Psychedelic Art is LSD Blotter Art.

This thread is for people to share some of their favorite Blotter Art designs. If you don't have any, google "Blotter Art" and post some that you find interesting. :)

Here are some of my favorites:

Illuminatus I
illuminatus-unsigned.jpg

Through The Looking Glass
lsdblotterthroughthelookingglass.jpg

Neurosematic Circuit
neurosematic-circuit-framed.jpg

Timothy Leary
lsdblottertimleary.jpg

Ken Kesey The Prankster
keseyheads2sm.jpg

EMEK
emek.jpg

Purple Jesus
lsd_blotter_ap_purple_jesus.jpg

Last edited:
^ I never really understood why someone would put such great effort into something that would be consumed...

Because not all of them are consumed. Some people collect and display them like any other piece of artwork.

GM - thanks for reminding me I have (well, now, 'had') 2 hits in my freezer and its a nice beautiful day with no responsibilities. :)

Sadly no. Just plain white on white. Thats all I ever see around here. Only seen a design once, out of, probably 10-15 times buying it.

What a great idea for a thread GM :)
johnboyb420 said:
those ones signed by the prankters must be worth some good money
I hope they weren't dosed :!

Mine would have to be the Liquid Sky/ Liquid Sky Design blotter. Liquid Sky was the first rave related store in NYC, it opened back in 1990. The alien was their logo and they used it on all of the their clothing and stuff. These blotters started popping up circa 1983. I have an acid free sheet of them and I am never going to let go of them just because they have so much sentimental value. Here they are on erowid.
icon_crazyacid.gif

lsd_blotter_ap_liquid-sky_grey.jpg

^^ I don't like it, i'm sure on acid i would be raving and jabbering about bad vibes, as it is though i can't quite put my finger on exactly why i don't like it.:\

buddha.jpg

s-cheshire-cat-blotter-art.jpg

^^ Other than Alex Grey blotters, this is one of my favorites^^

Last edited:
Those are both great designs. I like how the backgrounds have little individual designs on each perf tab.