• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Snorted pills and garbage ending up in lungs - dangerous?

I don't think alot of stuff would go into your lungs from snorting, since it would first hit your wet mucous membranes in both your nose and throat before going into your lungs

There was a similar thread to this not to long ago where another intelligent, informed BLer gave some statistics about only 12% of the powder actually sticking to mucus membranes and the rest going into the lungs. I can't find it now though, but it was pretty scary.

Scary stuff indeed, I have been snorting subutex for about 6 mo., about 16mg a day. Admittedly I have cronic asthma, smoke (alot), years ago I went through 5 years of daily crank and cocaine use.

4 weeks ago I started running a fever 100 to 102%, Dr tried me on 3 diff antibotics then sent me for an ct scan of my chest.. came back wish a 5cm mass on my left lung, dr says I have so much infection in my lung he cant see around it, he said cancer was a concern and I have a deep cavity that I could actually see on picture he was showing me.

I will be on 2 diff antibotics for a month, then another ct scan to see how much damage I've done to it, and of course see if there is any cancer. Wake up call folks, I haven't snorting anything since I found out and I have a dr. and husband that are forcing the QUIT smokin issue =\

Nooo my lil friends (puff, cough)

Please be careful with your lungs, This is really scary.

Ry

Let me just point out that tar from smoking causes sillia in your respiratory system to "shut down", causing your lungs and airways less able to clean itself.