• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenibut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't consider Phenibut recreational.

I do. But GBL is better, that's why I don't buy more phenibut I suppose.

edit: and I spent some of the best nights of my life on phenibut. I was totally relaxed. It's a very effective hypnotic, but as everyone said, tolerance occurs fast.

Last edited:
I've never gotten puking and balance issues with phenibut, but then again I've never gone over 1.5 grams. I get plenty of effect at that level. I don't see it as making a night, more just a compliment to the night.

Wow, lots of a bad experiences, huh? I'm in love with this stuff. I mix 600mg into a shot of alcohol. Then an hour later, I take another shot (without phenibut). Then one more an hour later (again, no more phenibut for the night). Nothing too heavy, just 1 drink maintenance. I find the effects to be incredibly euphoric when mixed with alcohol.

Since my phenazepam overdose in September, alcohol just hasn't had that same great feel to it. But when I add a little phenibut to the mix, it's like my very first drink. So incredibly euphoric.

Maybe you guys should try lower doses? I've never experienced a hangover, or any remotely toxic effects, even when mixing it with alcohol. But then again, my goal isn't to get as intoxicated as humanly possible. My goal is to have some casual fun.

Last edited:
At about 1500mg, I find it a very enjoyable substance. Basically just puts me in an excellent mood! Takes forever to kick in (3 hours minimum), but works well in my opinion :)

I have some in very fine powder form, have taken at guesstimated 1g and it makes me relaxed and sleepy, seemed to feel pretty good the next day. A friend off of H 1 yr. takes it a lot, around 3g/dose, but will only do 2 days in a row with at least 2 days clean out. Apparently tolerance and w/d are quick to appear, and unpleasant.

I've tried with DHC, not much different than a benzo. My question: anyone know what doses would equal 1/4 tsp, etc? There is no dosage spoon in the jar I bought.

thanks Ree

Works okay mixed with alcohol as a supplement. By itself its 95% worthless, and fucks with my sleep schedule.

This stuff really fucked me up for a couple days. If you use it your first time be prepared to stay home and not lift anything or do anything dangerous for a couple days.

I felt like I was on Alprazolam/Xanax for 2 days, and I couldn't even move the first time I took 2 grams.

EDIT: May have been more like 5 grams.

Last edited:
wow i dunno how u guys get such ridiculous effects. i usually take 2480 and the first time i took it i thought it hit me pretty strongly but i never get effects like that anymore, dont take it very often though, pretty much only when i am going to trip.

Phenibut in low doses is a very useful long acting anxiolytic while allowing you to keep a clear head. I use it for job interviews when I need to pass a drug test.Job interviews are a shitty time to be nervous.

I can't see recreational use. Maybe it's just me. High doses have an extremely toxic feeling. Sore muscles, nausea,back aches, dark urine, stomach problems, and dizziness. I nod off with a strange sensation which I imagine is similar to brain zaps. I just felt like shit when I tried to use it recreationally. The side effects were somewhat concerning to be honest.

I just wanted to add something, I didn't realize this before.

I dosed the phenibut while I was on 300mg of Tramadol (Don't worry, they're the 50mg non-APAP ones) (for harm reduction purposes I will note that this dose could cause seizures in some people so I don't recommend it -- I have a high opi tolerance and people react differently to Tramadol so start low as with any new drug you try). Perhaps the Tramadol significantly amplified the Phenibut? The SSRI? The SNRI? The M1 opioid metabolite O-Desmo-something?

I don't plan to repeat this Phenibut use for awhile. I am going to titrate to lower doses just to achieve long lasting anxiolytic effects, instead of feeling like I'm on a heavy benzo for 1-2 days then sleeping 20 hours without waking up once, and even after 20 hours you must force yourself to get out of bed. It's really not a fun feeling, that.

I will try dosing it sometime without the Tramadol and post my results. Maybe there is an unknown interaction here (I could find nothing in FDA's database about interactions aside from mixture of depressants -- GABA agonist and opioid -- the M1 metabolite of Tramadol).

Anyone else mix Phenibut with Tramadol before? Did you experience similar amplification to the point of drunkenness/benzoed/stupefied feeling for an extended period of time followed by an unhealthy amount of sleep?

The form of the Phenibut I took was a bulk powder. Two heaping teaspoons dissolved fully into water. Even though It's FDA approved for human consumption I assume it's still considered sourcing to mention the source, so I won't.

EDIT: I admit to not reading much about GABA agonists, the OTC ones, or unscheduled ones, but wouldn't Phenibut cause the same physical dependency that benzodiazepines, barbituates, and other GABA drugs would cause if dosed daily for months? Wouldn't this cause the similar withdrawal -- seizures, grand mal seizures, or worse?

I'm not complaining about the FDA making this OTC but certainly there should be warnings if it causes such heavy intoxication. I'm against the concept of drug scheduling personally.

Last edited:
I have actually eaten 50mg tramadol with 900mg phenibut, and one shot of alcohol. I found the feeling to be very mild and pleasant.

By the way, tramadol can decrease seizure threshold, but phenibut will increase your threshold. It shouldn't pose any seizure risk at all. Now if you take tramadol while going through phenibut withdrawal, you could have some problems.

Obviously I'm not going to recommend strange combos like this one, just in case there are safety issues that I am unaware of. But it doesn't look like seizures are one of them.

I have actually eaten 50mg tramadol with 900mg phenibut, and one shot of alcohol. I found the feeling to be very mild and pleasant.

By the way, tramadol can decrease seizure threshold, but phenibut will increase your threshold. It shouldn't pose any seizure risk at all. Now if you take tramadol while going through phenibut withdrawal, you could have some problems.

Obviously I'm not going to recommend strange combos like this one, just in case there are safety issues that I am unaware of. But it doesn't look like seizures are one of them.

alcohol screws with your seizure threshold also.. it raises it real quick and then in an hour or so it drops back down so the sudden drop + tramadol could = seizure (im sure it is pretty rare but can happen) and like you said.. phenibut helps seizures also (like closely related but much more potent and fun- baclofen) and also 50mg tramadol is rather low (1 pill) but someone who could be prone to seizures could get one from it.

I just wanted to add something, I didn't realize this before.

I dosed the phenibut while I was on 300mg of Tramadol (Don't worry, they're the 50mg non-APAP ones) (for harm reduction purposes I will note that this dose could cause seizures in some people so I don't recommend it -- I have a high opi tolerance and people react differently to Tramadol so start low as with any new drug you try). Perhaps the Tramadol significantly amplified the Phenibut? The SSRI? The SNRI? The M1 opioid metabolite O-Desmo-something?

I don't plan to repeat this Phenibut use for awhile. I am going to titrate to lower doses just to achieve long lasting anxiolytic effects, instead of feeling like I'm on a heavy benzo for 1-2 days then sleeping 20 hours without waking up once, and even after 20 hours you must force yourself to get out of bed. It's really not a fun feeling, that.

I will try dosing it sometime without the Tramadol and post my results. Maybe there is an unknown interaction here (I could find nothing in FDA's database about interactions aside from mixture of depressants -- GABA agonist and opioid -- the M1 metabolite of Tramadol).

Anyone else mix Phenibut with Tramadol before? Did you experience similar amplification to the point of drunkenness/benzoed/stupefied feeling for an extended period of time followed by an unhealthy amount of sleep?

The form of the Phenibut I took was a bulk powder. Two heaping teaspoons dissolved fully into water. Even though It's FDA approved for human consumption I assume it's still considered sourcing to mention the source, so I won't.

EDIT: I admit to not reading much about GABA agonists, the OTC ones, or unscheduled ones, but wouldn't Phenibut cause the same physical dependency that benzodiazepines, barbituates, and other GABA drugs would cause if dosed daily for months? Wouldn't this cause the similar withdrawal -- seizures, grand mal seizures, or worse?

I'm not complaining about the FDA making this OTC but certainly there should be warnings if it causes such heavy intoxication. I'm against the concept of drug scheduling personally.

Tramadol and phenibut have a very special, synergistic relationship. When combining them, make sure to lower your does of each. I ended up vomiting after my first experience with these two, at my normal doses of each.

When combined correctly though, the feeling is magnificent. It gives a very strong head high to the opiate effect of the tramadol. I was nodding off, which is not something I normally am able to do on tramadol. I was also able to sleep like a hibernating bear. A little hard to get up in the morning but nothing too drastic at all. Tramadol by itself usually keeps me up for hours while phenibut knocks me out.

It looks like you may have had too much phenibut. Be careful with your doses next time and I'm sure you'll have a much better experience.

Phenibut seems like it's effects are very variable as are people's neurochemistry. On a phenibut 'hangover', I felt no effect from a dose of ghb, was able to drink fine, drive more than well while still feeling relaxed and without social inhibition.
History on this: I use valerian and alcohol frequently; either separately or in combination to fall asleep; maybe my GABA receptors interpret the new chemical more gently?

Not much for a high, though the therapeutic effects imo are great. It just lasts so long though. I have no real impetus to push my current dose of .75-1g any higher. I like in combination with alcohol (1g + 6-12 beers).

definite nootropic benefits amid the carefree fog; it's like the yin/yang flip of amps. Or just the concentration/mental ability of uppers without all the negative side effects(not that phenibut is devoid of these)
i don't want to try any more due to withdrawal/duration of current aftereffects, but I can imagine those taking heroic doses on this don't feel so heroic the next couple of days

Phenibut is nothing to be taking lightly. Frankly, I think it is way more dangerous than GHB, as

Phenibut's half life according to wikipedia says around 5 hours, but its more like 10-12 hrs. I ended up puking pretty hard, with a pounding headache, and it also dilates the fuck out of your pupils as well. It's a fucked up drug that is still not fully understood. In the US you can go and buy it at a lot of health food stores and body building stores. Up in Canada here, its not around. It's not legal here I don't think.

Phenibut also causes massive water retention, just after a few days use of this dirty shit it caused my face to puff out to fuck.

Sorry, but GHB Powder is far far more Euphoric, safer, and does not cause the nasty side effects associated with Phenibut if used responsibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.