• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenibut

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few questions:

Does Phenibut reduce anxiety and help with sleep? How quickly does it kick in?

has anyone gone through phenibut withdrawls? How much were you taking prior to w/ds?

I was thinking of trying some to help reduce my alcohol intake or to have on-hand for sleep-inducing or anxiety-reducing abilities during or after psychedelic experiences. However, I don't want it to be a benzo or something with a potential for overdose, and I have heard that phenibut is fairly safe in gram doses.

I try to stay away from benzos or other drugs that can lead to addiction or abuse (my alcohol addiction is good enough, I don't need another one on top).

A few questions:

has anyone gone through phenibut withdrawls? How much were you taking prior to w/ds?

I was thinking of trying some to help reduce my alcohol intake or to have on-hand for sleep-inducing or anxiety-reducing abilities during or after psychedelic experiences. However, I don't want it to be a benzo or something with a potential for overdose, and I have heard that phenibut is fairly safe in gram doses.

I try to stay away from benzos or other drugs that can lead to addiction or abuse (my alcohol addiction is good enough, I don't need another one on top).

Phenibut quashes anxiety-you can talk to ANYbody, and helps one sleep like a baby.
I space out use and consume no more than 1.5g, so no ill effects or withdrawals.
My pupils do however get a bit dilated, though nobody asks questions because you aren't 'messed' up. In the light they just look a bit clear and glassy, so maybe that's why. If you take phenibut on a night of drinking, you don't need to drink as much, hence it's helping hand in the hangover dept.

like I said earlier, driving was accomplished with finesse as well

I have no complaints yet, other than it's a little cheap...

Phenibut is nothing to be taking lightly. Frankly, I think it is way more dangerous than GHB, as

Phenibut's half life according to wikipedia says around 5 hours, but its more like 10-12 hrs. I ended up puking pretty hard, with a pounding headache, and it also dilates the fuck out of your pupils as well. It's a fucked up drug that is still not fully understood. In the US you can go and buy it at a lot of health food stores and body building stores. Up in Canada here, its not around. It's not legal here I don't think.

Phenibut also causes massive water retention, just after a few days use of this dirty shit it caused my face to puff out to fuck.

Sorry, but GHB Powder is far far more Euphoric, safer, and does not cause the nasty side effects associated with Phenibut if used responsibly.

I won't entirely try to refute your claims, but GHB in my mind is far more dangerous and addictive to mess with. It's illegal as far as I know stateside, so not worthwhile messing with, though it is fun, esp. w/ a euphoric upper.

It would be worth your while to browse a few reports on erowid for both substances, to me, G seemed far more the dangerous.

^ I would defiintely agree with GHB being more dangerous than Phenibut. One of the things that piqued my interest about phenibut was the large doses people took without blacking out/going into a coma/dying, all of which can happen on GHB. Phenibut seems to have a decently high LD50, and a decently big therapeutic window, which makes it much more appealing than Benzos or GHB for anxiety and stress reduction. The addiction/withdrals people are reporting do concern me, but I am not interested in it to "get messed up", so hopefully low doses will be ok in terms of not leading to signficant withdrawls.

^ Phenibut builds tolernace a LOT quicker than GHB, and also has a lot more side effects than GHB. Phenibut also leaves you 'bug-eyed' for 2 days or more usually. Just because GHB is illegal in the US, doesn't make it more dangerous.

Thats like saying Alcohol is the safest because its legal. Phenibut is illegal in many Countries. Just because its legal in the US, doesn't mean its safe. Phenibut almost killed my father because of its long half life, and its unpredictable side effects.

Each to his/her own. But I'll stick to pharm-grade GHB powder when it comes to GABA-B Agonists.

^ Phenibut builds tolernace a LOT quicker than GHB, and also has a lot more side effects than GHB. Phenibut also leaves you 'bug-eyed' for 2 days or more usually. Just because GHB is illegal in the US, doesn't make it more dangerous.

Thats like saying Alcohol is the safest because its legal. Phenibut is illegal in many Countries. Just because its legal in the US, doesn't mean its safe. Phenibut almost killed my father because of its long half life, and its unpredictable side effects.

Each to his/her own. But I'll stick to pharm-grade GHB powder when it comes to GABA-B Agonists.

Hmm, Phenibut does build tolerance, even given a day or two within doses; whoever recommended no more than 2-3 uses weekly is probably on to something

GHB's OD death's, steep dose/response curve, and recognized addiction potential make it a bit more of a heavyweight as far as drugs go.That said, comparing phenibut to GHB is like comparing apples to oranges---that have teeth.
see: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ghb/ghb_addiction2.pdf

they are different and can be used safely within the recommended dosing--unfortunately those who stray from recommended(prescribed?) GHB dose invite a much higher risk than those who abuse guidelines for phenibut.

Properly dosed phenibut's Nootropic effects and those 'bug-eyes' are hella dangerous though sources tell me...

Seriously though, what happened with your father?
like contributing factors?
Dose??

Also, what sort of unpredictable side effects should I be looking for after consuming, say .75-1.5g of phenibut?

I ask this in all seriousness as my responsible dosing of phenibut has in no way caused adverse effects other than, loss of anxiety and those pesky 'bug-eyes.'

Last edited:
A few questions:

For me, it takes at LEAST about 5 to 6 hours to kick in. But once it does, it lasts for a VERY long time.

What kind of doses do you guys use?

Would this help the anxiety caused by weed if you are prone to weed anxiety?

Maybe if you took a gram or so before hand. I find phenibut to be a good preventive of anxiety. Unlike benzos it doesn't seem to have much use in stopping anxiety or panic once its already started though.

Maybe if you took a gram or so before hand. I find phenibut to be a good preventive of anxiety. Unlike benzos it doesn't seem to have much use in stopping anxiety or panic once its already started though.

Anxiety i found nullified at lower doses--higher doses 1-2g seemed to be more sedating.
I'd recommend like .5-.75 just for anxiety, esp. just starting out...if that don't work, try like 1 or 1.5g.

make sure you take it like an hour or two beforehand--the kick isn't a kick at all, and takes about that long to begin working in full effect.

What's up with people? Lighweights or what? Me and the entire house I live in basically (3/4 house, lol) dose this stuff like animals. I find it funny to see alot of people say 2g is a hefty dose, well for experienced drug users, not so much. 5g is more like a proper dose to get a nice buzz on, 10 scoops of Liftmode or Prima Force powder is an average dose for just about all of us who abuse phenibut here, there's at least 5 of us. I'm probably on 15g right now, been dosing all day. Half the tub (100g tub) is gone, and we just opened it this morning.

For those of you who can handle your drugs, 2 grams is a joke of a dose, 5g at least to get you in the zone. Might want to start lower if it's your first time just to get a taste for it. Oh yes and no more than 2 days in a row with at least the rest of the week off if you want to function normally in your daily life. We mainly dose this heavy twice a week only and have no responsibilities except for going to the gym when we take it.

This thread is from 2008. The contributors may or may not be active, therefore we do not bump old threads.

Closed. PM me if you have any queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.