• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How much do you think certain drugs potentiate opioids?

Deep Kick

Bluelighter
How much do you think certain drugs potentiate opiates?

For example i will list the drugs i use to potentiate opioids (and which opioids) and what percentage of the opioids high i feel (in my experiences) is increased (if at all) by the potentiator.

~20-65%.....cannabis (depending on quality & quantity it can boost the high over 60% especially depending on the strain)

~15-35%.....benzos (in order from best to worst: valium, ativan, xanax, klonopin, librium) i enjoy mixing as many as possible w/ opiates.

~10-40%.....other opiates (not sure if it's considered "potentiating" but the high is boosted for sure, morphine + codeine in PPT is a great combo)

~10-25%.....diphenhydramine (i've only tried up to 25mg)

~5-15%.......hydroxyzine (another antihistamine, i dosed with ~30mg, and it was similar to DPH,)

~5-10%.......alcohol (not sure if i'd consider it a potentiator... but it makes me more buzzed but so does mixing coke + opiates...)

~5-8%.........grapefruit juice (8 oz consumed 60-90 minutes prior dose gives slight boost in effect and duration, but nothing great)

~3-6%.........gabapentin (could be mental, but does work the first time you take it)

~2-10%.......marinol (10-20mg can increase the high, taken 1-2 hrs prior dosing)

~2-5%.........naproxen sodium (aleve, 220-500mg definitely adds a nice subtle warmth)

~1-4%.........cyclobenzaprine (flexeril is a TCA anti-d. muscle relaxant that provides a slight boost)

~1-2%.........loperamide (could easily be a placebo effect)

drugs i'd like to try for potentiation: carisoprodol, DXM, doxylamine, promethazine, barbiturates, and tagamet.

peace

I dont think benzos boost the opiate high. For me benzos make the opiate's euphoria more subtle but it does make me more sedated.

I agree that cannabis is the strongest potentiator for opiates... I love opiate+cannabis combo :)

Naproxen ??

Hmm. I've use dph, barbs, benzos & alcohol. The latter sucked in combination with opiates. All the other seemed nice. I can't tell from my experience an estimate of how much percent it boasted the effects.

I believe that benzo's are the best when it comes to the synergy of the high. I have always liked the roxi+xanax combo. It seems that whenever i smoke weed after i have done some oxycodone the weed high TOTALLY overtakes the nice opiate high! So i never seem to smoke weed when i'm on the opes!

Damn n00bs not using the word "potentiator" correctly. :p

+1 on not adding the benzo's. They dull the opiate high.

Benzo's have their uses, save them for when you need them.

To each his/her own =)

I'm not going to throw any exact figure out there cause there's no reall way to judge it accurately IMO, but about an hour ago I took 30mg hydrocodone and 50mg diph... I'm surprised how high I am off that little amount.

I used to laugh so hard back in high school when people said smoking a cigarette after getting stoned increased your high 33.3%
Yes, they said "33.3%"

phrozen: "how much do you think certain drugs synergize with opioids?"

^ Im sure I speak for him too when I say that is a much better way to say it.

I heard that weed thing too, the "33.3" even, but it wasnt just any cigarette that you had to smoke, it had to be a newport 100. Some circles said that it was a KOOL.

i find a hot chocolate after ingesting ms contin crushed makes them come on quicker hahahahaha
melted wax innit

on a more serious note, promethazine works nicely, as does diphenhydramine ... and benzos, and weed... and a glass of wine.
but % is beyond my brain capacity as i'm stoopeed

hahaha i remember people saying 33% increase of a pot high from stogs...

i think the percentages is an estimate in this thread... or how well they work...

for me...

pot is the best, so 75%
benzos are second 35%
benadryl is third 25%
gabapentin is fourth 10%
alcohol is fifth 7.5%
grapefruit juice is 5%
naproxen is 5%

Cannabis makes me feel uncomfortable, clonazepam makes me nod, alprazolam takes away the euphoria, and I dont like lorazepam. I have found all the common potentiators; GF juice, benadryl, Cimetidine, to do jack shit.

EDIT: spelling

It would have to be be a Newport 100 or a KOOL, LOL!!

I also agree that promethazine increases the effects of opiates especially codeine. Gotta love that syrup!

IME a mixed shot of opiates and diphenhydramine or promethazine gives a much better rush/warmth than a shot of opiates alone, but im not sure if this thread is only for talking about oral use.

orally, cimetidine has always increased the strength/duration of an oxycodone high for me. i've never mixed promethazine with an opiate orally though.

P.S. i also remember that pot/cigarette potentiator myth from high school, but for us the brand was never specified, it just definitely had to be a menthol cigarette- obviously, everyone knows it wont work with a regular cigarette... 8)

duh.....
no maybe he was saying that menthol gets you higher than non menths? jsut a guess.......

Ethanol 30-40%
GHB as above
Strong benzos (clonazepam) 50%
Z-hypnotic 10-20%
weed 10-40%
orphenadrine 30-70%
grapefruit juice 70-100% :)
DXM 200%

My tolerance is low.....

Deep Kick said:
~1-4%.........cyclobenzaprine (flexeril is a TCA anti-d. muscle relaxant that provides a slight boost)

~1-2%.........loperamide (could easily be a placebo effect)
peace

Lol

Do you get high at all from opioids? :D

I would say that diphenhydramine works very well with cannabis and DXM. As far as which one is truly the most effective? DXM... because of tolerance.

I was able to go for a whole month of daily repeated opioid use with my tolerance barely moving at all thanks to DXM. A few months later after significant abstainence without DXM and it skyrockets over the course of like 3 days, regardless of cannabis and dph.

About 2 months later a couple prescriptions for hydrocodone shoot the tolerance into the absolute roof without DXM. Combining with benzos (lorazepam, xanax, valium) probably didn't help. It worked at first, but VERY quickly all aforementioned tolerances skyrocketed and refuse to go down even another 2 months later.