Tour - V Festival Mar/Apr 08 - REVIEWS

IWillHostIt

Bluelighter
http://vfestival.com.au/

Sydney - Centenital Park - Saturday 29th of March
Gold Coast - Avica Resort - Sunday 30th of March
Melbourne - Showgrounds - Saturday 5th of April
Perth - The Esplanade (City) - Sunday 6th of April

Entry to this event is restricted to persons 18 years and over. All patrons will be required to present photo id as proof of age upon entry.

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

V Festival 2008 line-up including THE SMASHING PUMPKINS, DURAN DURAN, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN, THE PRESETS, AIR and many others.

[URL="http://www.ticketmaster.com.au]
Melbourne $131.70 + booking fee
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au[/URL]

photo.jpg

Where is the Festival Venue?

Melbourne Showground's

How do I get there?

The Melbourne Showground's is located in Epsom Road, Ascot Vale. The venue is only 15 minutes drive from the city and 15 minutes from the Melbourne International Airport www.melbourneshowgrounds.com.au

Is there public transport available?
Bus stops are conveniently located on Langs Road and Epsom Road. Bus service number 472 travels between Williamstown and Moonee Ponds via Footscray along Langs Road. Tram number 57 leaves Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, and travels along Epsom Road to the Main Gate. The Melbourne Showgrounds even has its own train station which operates from Flinders Street for larger events. Please check v festival website closer to the event for a full summary of confirmed services.

Is there car parking available?

Due to numbers and limited car parking, we encourage festival goers not to drive to the venue and to alternatively use public transport where possible. More details will be published closed to the event

How long will it take to get through the gates/security checks?

As with any major event you should allow yourself ample time to get through the gates. Depending on the time of day crowds and security checks may take some time

What are the gate opening and closing times?

Gate open times will be confirmed closer to the event, however gates are likely to open early afternoon, and the event will conclude by 10pm

What should I bring with me on the day?

PHOTO ID as proof you are 18+ years of age, Ticket(s), adequate cash, mobile phones (with charged battery), sunscreen, sunglasses, suitable clothing and footwear. Free water will be available at the event.

Am I allowed to bring my Camera?

Cameras for personal use are permitted (no professional zoom) Note: all video cameras and sound recording devices are prohibited

Are there passouts from the venue?

No, once you exit the gates (after entry) you will not be permitted to re enter

What bathroom facilities are there available?

There will be ample toilet facilities onsite including facilities appropriate to the mobility impaired

Is there food available to purchase?

A variety of food options will be available for purchase

What Beverages are available?

The V Festival is a licensed venue and will have a selection of Beer, Wine, Spirits and non alcoholic beverages available for purchase

Are there recycling deposits in the venue?

V Festival will be developing and implementing as environmentally friendly a policy as options available permit.

Is there Mobile Phone Coverage?

Yes, all Venues have mobile phone coverage, although with expected numbers there may be congestion at times

Is there are lost property area for lost items?

During the event, check with Virgin Mobile recharge towers or cloak room to see if your goods have been handed in. Post event contact the Venue or V Festival via our website

What if I injure myself - is there medical personnel/first aid available?

There will be first aid available onsite

Is there wheelchair/special needs access?

We are working hard to ensure that access is easy as possible for festival fans requiring assistance to access the site, including the provision of facilities for mobility impaired to aid enjoyment of the event. Check the V Festival website closer to the event for details.

Can I bring my young child with me?
The festival is strictly Over 18's only

Are there ATM/EFTPOS facilities available at the Venue?

There will be ATM and EFTPOS facilities available at the venue although these will be limited. Please bring adequate cash just in case.

Edited - Added all national dates, changed title.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say with Mika pulling out, I'm not terribly enthused on the remaining line up. Hope there are some acts in the next round of announcments to make it worth going as I already have a ticket.

^You cannot be serious? 8o

I'm going to see Pumpkins and Air - two of my absolute all-time favourite acts ever. I purchased my ticket the day they were released, and have been counting down the days! <3

^ ditto. I am also assuming you are joking hoptis

if not, please state your case!

Air should be good, I like them. As for the Smashing Pumpkins, I guess it could be alright too but the setlist I saw in Social wasn't very encouraging. Tell you what, if you can promise me they'll play 1979 I'll take it all back. ;)

I'm not that impressed either to be honest. The only act on that list I'd really want to see is Air. I like Smashing Pumpkins, but not enough to fork out the money and get crushed through a big crowd.

I think i have to sell my 2 melbourne tickets, im guessing smashing pumpkins will be on last and i have to leave early to go to my best friends 21st.. So my solution is to go to the sydney one, now how to sell these tickets :\

^Hrm, there should be a Channel V festival forum I presume? Or you could go the traditional EBay route.. depends if you're looking to sell them for face value [probably best as there are still tickets available] or make a profit later down the track?
You could also post in the Social selling or trading thread [too lazy to link, haha]. :)

There's no guarantee the event will sell out. The Showgrounds is fairly big and it's V's first year in Melbourne. If it doesn't sell out, you will find it harder to sell them.

Last year Sydney didnt sell out until the final week so take any reasonable offer you can

Im not sure how likely this is but if you are going to Sydney instead then perhaps you could arrange to trade them

You know...this thread has been up for weeks and I only just noticed festival was spelt wrong in the title. Good to see we're all on the ball. (Don't worry, I fixed it)

Incase anyone is still waiting on their V Festival Tickets through ticketmaster:...

Here is the reason why:

ticketmaster said:
The delivery of V Festival tickets has been delayed as we have been
awaiting the receipt of special ticket stock being used for this event.
We are expecting to send the tickets over the next couple of weeks, and
you should receive them by the end of the month. We apologize for any
inconvenience caused.

I recieved my melbourne tickets but not my sydney ones :\ And i bought them the day after.

When i get them il send you through a pm if your still keen to buy the melb ones, 1234? If not that's cool as i've taken my sweet time getting to you, either way, thanks heaps for offering to take 'em off my hands :) Now il just go sit by the letterbox and wait for the other tickets to come!

We are going to be Sydney this weekend for my god daughters 1st birthday. So we wont be there folks. WOULD love to see Air and Pumpkins though.