But when you consider the acts I want to see are =

Smashing Pumpkins
QOTSA
Jesus and Marychain
Hot Hot Heat
Modest Mouse
Air

Your easily talking about $500+

I'm considering seeing smashing pumpkins at festival hall as well, I'm so hoping to hear 1979, they better fucking play it at v festival. Else I'll be one angry puppy.

I will be away the weekend of V Festival.. but I bought my tickets to go see AIR @ The Palais.. Got really good seats too.. so I can't wait!!

woot woot!

i have just made some changes in this thread due to it being a national tour, changed the title and added the dates, but left all your melb info there.

on topic - from what i have read about the pumpkins sets, its very much old skool original pumpkins... like you, i wanna hear 1979 also, it holds a very special place for me, and it will add to a list of songs that i needed to hear live before i died - aenima by tool was number 1 and that was done last year

i originally only wanted to go to the air side show, but its nearly the price of the festival, and as a i mentioned, i think your paying for the opera house experience...

Thought about going, then decided i had to many other financial commitments on right now. Would of loved to of seem Smashing Pumpkins though :(

ch0psy said:
i wanna hear 1979 also, it holds a very special place for me

And which "special place" might that be, Ch0psy? :D

Did the bald man named Billy hold your special place? :D

Starts at 1pm, unsure when it finishes.

Give this number a call, they might know: 1300 V FESTIVAL

Any people going to the Qld part make sure you pop in and say hi at the Ravesafe area! :)

^ Are you serious? ravesave?...,

I have never been to a band music festival before. Are there really allot of people on drugs there?, I wouldn't of thought so, I thought everyone would be on alcohol.

^Drugs are not mutually exclusive to any type of music %) I dare say you find people drinking a good part of the day then decide to take something, thats when we seem to get busy :) Just take care all :)

^ Are you serious? ravesave?...,

RaveSafe attends all kinds of events, and drug education is only only part of what teams do. Free drinking water, crowd cooling, site information, and assisting onsite medics form a abig part of a typical outreach.... Of course the RaveSafe base is always available should anyone need to get out of the sun, lie down for a bit, or simply find an understanding ear.

I so wish i could go to this. :(

I can't wait till it has been and gone so i can stop thinking about it and wishing i could go :(

Money. Saving up for a house and also owe my folks some money that i would rather pay off asap to get off my shoulders.

Im going to the V Festival this Saturday

Yay V Festival

Boo Centennial Park, transport from there blows the big one

Future Music Festival and Big Day Out are the only festivals this summer that I remember Ravesafe being present at, would be good to see them at V Festival. Drugs cross all musical spectrums these days... if the police are so willing to show up with sniffer dogs, then surely it also makes sense to have Ravesafe present. Well done to Virgin on seeing common sense on this.