• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Tour - V Festival Mar/Apr 08 - REVIEWS

I am so old aren't I...
JESUS AND MARY CHAIN!!!!!!
DURAN DURAN!!!!!
SMASHING PUMPKINS!!!!!!!!!
8o
woohoo!!!
plus lotsa the others but I can feel the eighteen year old goth chick emerging again!!
:D

AIR!!! Fuck I've wanted to see these guys live for fucking ages. I might have to go to this. Smashing Pumpkins is awesome too, but that goes without saying! Pity they're minus a few original members ey

Anyone have the guff on when we can expect the second announcement?

I am hearing words like 'Hives' and 'Millencolin' being thrown about

However I think I recall the second announcement last year being somewhat lackluster, but you know how memories are :\

psycosynthesis said:
AIR!!! Fuck I've wanted to see these guys live for fucking ages. I might have to go to this. Smashing Pumpkins is awesome too, but that goes without saying! Pity they're minus a few original members ey

Air and Duran Duran (and The Jesus & Mary Chain - showing my age here as well ;)) would be the 3 huge drawcards for me too.

:)

I'm not really interested in any of those but The Pumpkins and QOTSA and old favourites The Presets, giddy up! :D So much so that I think I just might be attending this event ;) :D

Second line up has been announced

Hot Hot Heat, Cut Copy, Modest Mouse, The Rakes and Roisin Murphy

Starting to look more like a good day of moozak

<3 Roisin Murphy. She would be amazing live.

...sadly...I'm broke.

eggman88888 said:
Second line up has been announced

Hot Hot Heat, Cut Copy, Modest Mouse, The Rakes and Roisin Murphy

Starting to look more like a good day of moozak
^Modest Mouse. Modest Mouse. Holy fucking hell that's fucking awesome. /Breathes

/Runs screaming naked through thread
EXCITED!

^ Oh yeah im with you

Also Johnny Marr will be taking up guitar duties.

As a Smiths fan I can tell that will be a double treat

Also, the side shows have been announced

Modest Mouse are playing 2nd April in Melb and 3rd April in Syd

FUCK! I have two friends combined 21st outdoor day-party on this date. I have to DJ there to! I am considering pulling out of it to attend this. What a dilemma!

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
^Modest Mouse. Modest Mouse. Holy fucking hell that's fucking awesome. /Breathes

/Runs screaming naked through thread
EXCITED!

Indeed.

I heard that they will be playing a side show at the Big Top (Luna Park) in Sydney.

I will definitely be getting tix to that.

side shows have been announced... somewhat anywayz

the pumpkins are playing at the hordern (we saw the advertising for it last night)

tickets are on sale next week.

Just thinking this morning how awesome this years V Festival is starting to look

I am excited

That Modest Mouse Sydney side show is $75 apparently.

Kinda defeats the purpose of a side show doesn't it...

Thinking about just forking out for a V Fest ticket now.

QOTSA is $85 and JAMC is similar

I am glad I bought a V-Fest ticket

hope they have improved the facilities this year

At least they sent out the VFest tickets early this year. Unlike the mess that was made last year where they didn't arrive at all.. express mail and all

yeah, i think im going to the fest also now...

the side shows are too expensive

like Air... at the opera house... $105 + BF... they could not be worth that much honestly... you are probably more paying for the opera house experience than the Air Show