Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Codeine Cold Water Extraction Method/FAQ

juice_soldier

Ex-Bluelighter
Okay people, since i've seen an influx of people complaining they cant get a clear solution from a CWE, and i get it every time no matter how dodgily i do it... This is my step by step method and solution to your problem.

Required Items:
Paracetamol/Ibuprofen and Codeine Phosphate tablets
2 Mugs/Glasses
A freezer
2 Coffee Filters
A mortar and pestle (a piece of thick paper and a rolling pin works just as well)
and about 15 to 20 minutes of your time

1. Grind the amount of tablets you want with a mortar and pestle so they are almost a VERY fine powder, with a few chunks in there wont hurt.

2. use about 30-50ml of standard cold tap water in a glass (use more of less dependant on the size of your filters)

3. Stir until you have a thick and milky solution

4. Place in the freezer for around 10 minutes, preferably wedged inbetween some frozen vegetables or an ice pack..

5. Prepare the two WET coffee filters on over the other in another glass/mug

6. Take the solution out of the freezer, you should note the change in the solution, there should be a THIN top layer, and a very THICK bottom layer.

7. pour the solution into your coffee filters.

8. Either allow to sit and drain;
or close the top of the coffee filters firmly with your hand (ensure there is a bit of space between the top and the liquid) and squeeze gently from the top to the bottom noting the CLEAR solution that should come from the bottom of the bottom layer coffee filter pretty quickly (rather than dripping) and tighten your grip on the filters as you continue til its basically like having a wet scrunched up tissue in your hand...

9. Check the clarity of the solution, check the amount of solids left in the scrunched up filter (should be a fair whack... probably some in the glass too)

10. Drink and enjoy.

Note that doses are not quantiated, i do up to 480mg of codeine thru this method fairly often. Using plain Panadeine brand tablets or chemists own and Panamax, i've even used Mersyndol Day strength, in which you should wind up with a clear yellow dyed solution.

Please feel free to ask any questions, and variate on this method if you find a more effective and faster way of doing it.

I could note the theory behind doing this, but I figured anyone doing it understands how a CWE works.. If you don't - do a bit of homework and UTSE

The only things I'd add are, as a general indicator, I use around 2 to 3 ml of water per tablet. i.e. 10 tablets = 20 - 30 mls of water. Also I might leave the solution in the freezer for closer to twenty minutes for better seperation, any longer and the bottom starts to freeze over, I'm sure this depends on your freezer and the temperature in general.

If you have any doubts about the solution you finish with, throw it out and do it again, it's not worth liver damage when codeine itself is so cheap.

I've been doing CWE's numerous times everyday for a year, using cloth for a filter, never had a 100% clear solution. I've always used nurofen plus though, maybe theres something water soluble in the binders..

Ive done a few extractions over the last few months, and my solutions have been lightly cloudy, but I still get a hell of a lot of the other stuff out...
The reason for the CWE in the first place is of course so the amount of paracetamol/ibprofin you get from numerous pills doesnt make you sick. If most of this rubbish is out, and the solution is merely cloudy, then surely you wont be ingesting enough to make you sick anyway? so does a slightly cloudy solution really matter that much?

one persons view of cloudy could be another's clear.But compared to clear water held up to the light you will notice some clouding depending on amount of water and pills used in the extraction.But I have been using the above extraction as well and had good results

Did half a pack of N+. Was filtering with paper towels, but the filtering was taking too long. Filtered with a cloth. Still pulled out alot of white gunk.

This gunk mind you feels fantastically sensual, so feel free to save it for when your high so you have something awesome to touch.

The final solution was quite cloudy, but by my math at the time even if I ate a half pack of N+ without any CWE I would have still been relatively fine. I am pretty sure the CWE went well since so much gunk was removed and I felt appropriate effects considering the dose.

Just remember to massage the gunk after filtering, it really does feel cool.

^^ He speaks the truth, however after years of taking codeine recreationally the smell alone of this stuff makes me gag.

I've been using panafen plus because they're slightly cheaper than nurofen and at the moment the "pink" packets contribute a percentage of sales to (breast?) cancer research.

What deciding factors contribute to people using paracetemol tabs rather than ibuprofen tabs? Is it cost alone?

The only one to use is generic Co-Codamol.

perfect quick and easy extractions every time,and its £X.xx for 250mg.

Paracetemol is easier to filter out than ibuprofen.

My super easy, super cheap, super fast, super effective method:

1. Buy 32 generic Co-Codamol @ £X.xx

2. Grind until there are no whole pills left
(no need to powder it)

3. Pour ~300ml COLD water into a glass
(if you cant get cold tap water, bang it in the fridgefreezer)

4. Whack in the Co-Co, stir

5. Let sit for 5 mins, stir

6. Take a pint glass, and push in, and fold over,
a double layer of (good) kitchen towel (two panels),
so its like you have a coffee filter "bowl" in there.

7. Pour in as much of the Co-Co solution as possible
(fill the filter)

8. Let sit until the water level is substantially lower.

9. Gradually pour the rest of the Co-Co solution into the filter,
keeping it evenly mixed.

10. Let sit until water stops dripping through quickly

11. Take filter out and CAREFULLY close into a "bag"
and squeeze from the top down,
slowly moving down and forcing more water out,
until you feel the bag is finished.
(The filtrate should be clear enough to see through, but not totally clear)

12. Discard the filter,
drink the filtrate,
relax and
Enjoy.

[EDIT: Removed prices. Lil angel15]

Last edited by a moderator:
I did an experiment a few weeks ago, in order to sort out the deal with N+ not being a 'clear' solution, as many people seem (rightfully) concerned about the amount of ibu they may be taking. I acquired both Panafen+ and Neurofen+. I applied whats basically the OP’s method to both solutions (which I find works very well, at least at low doses), and compared- N+ needs to be run through more wet coffee filters several times to become clear (like 5). After all particles have been removed, the N+ is uniform transparent white (you cant see any floating particles) and the Panafen+ transparent yellow. I suspect the N+ would have less codeine thanks to the amount of filters needed. 8) I think i'll stick to Panafen+.

The reason for the paracetamol with me is I have a stomach ulcer and I cant take asprin or ibuprofen

Great thread.

A lot of people say "It doesn't matter if a bit of paracetamol/ibuprofen gets through. Well, that may be true for your personal circumstances. However, people like myself (liver problems) and needmore above, need to be sure we are getting as pure a solution as possible. The more we can refine the method, the better.

EDIT: Should we close the other codeine extraction thread now mods? It's pretty long.

Last edited:
also, the importance of cwe can depend on how many pills you are using and what kind they are (i'd rather too much ibu in my system than too much apap!)-
theres a big difference between the amount of ibu in 10 N+ (~130mg codeine, ~2g ibu) and 24 N+ (well over 4g ibu)!

If anybody has actually weighed all the ibuprofen from n+ before and after the extraction with lab scales they will find even the most milkiest of solution would contain a negligible amount of ibuprofenm, even if you wring it out from the back of a dress shirt like i do.

seriously can we keep these cwe threads to a minimal.

seriously shit is getting fucked up to the point that even n+ will some day be withdrawn from the shelves.

ok laugh at me, but funny i some how remember friends of mine cooking up home made speed with some thing called psuedoephidrine............

oh shnap.

belarki said:
^^ He speaks the truth, however after years of taking codeine recreationally the smell alone of this stuff makes me gag.

I've been using panafen plus because they're slightly cheaper than nurofen and at the moment the "pink" packets contribute a percentage of sales to (breast?) cancer research.

What deciding factors contribute to people using paracetemol tabs rather than ibuprofen tabs? Is it cost alone?

no, it is also the factor of your stomache lining, i got 2 ulcers ahnd had to have 3 straight transfusions, alll because i was too slack to split them up. yep, i chose panfen for them 2 reasons too, but trust me, go for the nurofen, if you don't split and want to extract

=/

N+ is a bitch to extract, AND they dont split anymore.....

FFS just use generic co-codamol!!!!!
APAP is about 10000000000000x easier to remove than ibu!

i never thought of wetting the coffee filters.. DUH! just like u wet a filter when IVing.

use kitchen towel, its quicker, stronger and no less effective IF you use a paracetamol pill.

Well my extraction method must work pretty well, i overdosed on benzos the other day and was sent to hospital, they checked my paracetamol levels, low as.

Feel free to assrape me if this is a stupid question but does paracetamol accumulate in your body and if so, where (liver, stomach etc)?

For the people out there who I doing this daily (I know you are out there ;))

Last edited: