Okay people, since i've seen an influx of people complaining they cant get a clear solution from a CWE, and i get it every time no matter how dodgily i do it... This is my step by step method and solution to your problem.
Paracetamol/Ibuprofen and Codeine Phosphate tablets
2 Coffee Filters
A mortar and pestle (a piece of thick paper and a rolling pin works just as well)
and about 15 to 20 minutes of your time
1. Grind the amount of tablets you want with a mortar and pestle so they are almost a VERY fine powder, with a few chunks in there wont hurt.
2. use about 30-50ml of standard cold tap water in a glass (use more of less dependant on the size of your filters)
3. Stir until you have a thick and milky solution
4. Place in the freezer for around 10 minutes, preferably wedged inbetween some frozen vegetables or an ice pack..
5. Prepare the two WET coffee filters on over the other in another glass/mug
6. Take the solution out of the freezer, you should note the change in the solution, there should be a THIN top layer, and a very THICK bottom layer.
7. pour the solution into your coffee filters.
8. Either allow to sit and drain;
or close the top of the coffee filters firmly with your hand (ensure there is a bit of space between the top and the liquid) and squeeze gently from the top to the bottom noting the CLEAR solution that should come from the bottom of the bottom layer coffee filter pretty quickly (rather than dripping) and tighten your grip on the filters as you continue til its basically like having a wet scrunched up tissue in your hand...
9. Check the clarity of the solution, check the amount of solids left in the scrunched up filter (should be a fair whack... probably some in the glass too)
10. Drink and enjoy.
Note that doses are not quantiated, i do up to 480mg of codeine thru this method fairly often. Using plain Panadeine brand tablets or chemists own and Panamax, i've even used Mersyndol Day strength, in which you should wind up with a clear yellow dyed solution.
Please feel free to ask any questions, and variate on this method if you find a more effective and faster way of doing it.
I could note the theory behind doing this, but I figured anyone doing it understands how a CWE works.. If you don't - do a bit of homework and UTSE