• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[LSD Subthread] The Clean vs. Dirty Acid Debate (Part 1 - Archived)

bluedolphin - how do you know that that's not just your head associating one kind of blotter with a certain kind of trip? I remain unconvinced that each batch of acid has it's own "essence." I feel there might be impurities, but the molecule itself is still lysergic acid diethylamide. Until I can get a physical, quantitative explanation for "good" lsd, "bad" lsd, I remain unconvinced that there's some sort of fundamental difference between batches - rather, there's only differences between trips.

Most of the "bad acid" I have gotten over the years was 5-meo-amt layed on blotter. I have had weak true acid, but never bad.

Back in the day when LSD was legal, Tim Leary and other were dosing PURE forms of LSD. Heaps of people still got muscle aches and upset stomachs. Leary said the more you hold onto your ego and resist the effects ot acid, the stronger physical pain becomes. The uncomfortable feelings are accounted for as your ego holding on, not wanting to be dimished. When SWIM tripped, whenever something which scared him happened, he got nauseous. Your perceptions are so altered, fright or uncomfortableness could be percieved as a sick feeling or anything uncomfortable for that matter. There is no such thing as Bad or Good LSD, no two trips are ever the same. Just cause you get more visuals on one trip, doesn't mean anything, Set and Setting interprets the whole trip. Even in the 60s on pure LSD, no one had trips which were the same.

mardybum said:
Back in the day when LSD was legal, Tim Leary and other were dosing PURE forms of LSD. Heaps of people still got muscle aches and upset stomachs. Leary said the more you hold onto your ego and resist the effects ot acid, the stronger physical pain becomes. The uncomfortable feelings are accounted for as your ego holding on, not wanting to be dimished. When SWIM tripped, whenever something which scared him happened, he got nauseous. Your perceptions are so altered, fright or uncomfortableness could be percieved as a sick feeling or anything uncomfortable for that matter. There is no such thing as Bad or Good LSD, no two trips are ever the same. Just cause you get more visuals on one trip, doesn't mean anything, Set and Setting interprets the whole trip. Even in the 60s on pure LSD, no one had trips which were the same.
i agree wholeheartedly
acid in small doses yes
bad no

I'm in the "purity matters" camp. Just because various isomers and byproducts are not themselves psychoactive in the microgram range, it doesn't mean that they can't occupy receptor sites and thus change the character of the experience.

Couldn't differing levels of similarly active or at least synergistic (with LSD) ergot alkaloids in different batches account for differences in "kinds" of LSD?

I have found that one of the biggest factors in whether my trip feels clean or dirty is my current diet. If I am eating more high fat foods and not exercising, then I will be more likely to have a dirty trip and recieve stomach cramps. If I am eating well and excersinig regularly, then my trip feels extremely clean and stomach cramps/nausea are practically non-existent.

My point is to say that there could be a number of variables present that could alter the effects of your LSD.

MachineGunBallad said:
bluedolphin - how do you know that that's not just your head associating one kind of blotter with a certain kind of trip? I remain unconvinced that each batch of acid has it's own "essence." I feel there might be impurities, but the molecule itself is still lysergic acid diethylamide. Until I can get a physical, quantitative explanation for "good" lsd, "bad" lsd, I remain unconvinced that there's some sort of fundamental difference between batches - rather, there's only differences between trips.

Because I've been surprised many times by blotters I expected to be bunk, which turned into some of the best blotters I've had, and vice versa.

Besides, your last sentence is basically saying "I won't believe you no matter what you say".

Take a look at some schwag crysal brown or green visibly impure shit versus some white fluff... if you can see the impurities there's no reason to believe you couldn't feel them too. It's likely that these impurities are other ergolines that haven't been fully reacted to LSD. And these other ergolines apparently have shitty effects. If there are enough of these shitty ergolines in a batch of LSD that's really impure, people will start to say that the blotter is "layed with LSA" because the body load sucks that much. Of course that's bullshit, it's just crappy LSD.

In the past I believed all LSD was the same. Then I ate a bunch of LSD and experience tells me otherwise. Also I would smell a 5meoAMT or DOx sold as acid from a mile away, in fact I've never been fooled into eating those unintentionally.

I find that, no offense, many n00bs believe all LSD is the same because all their trips are still so different, they don't have enough experience to stack it up against. When you get a lot more experience with L it becomes a lot more predictable (though not in every way or all the time) and you are in a better position to attribute these differences to set/setting, what you've eaten lately, or the quality of the LSD.

There are many factors involved but if set/setting and diet and everything having to do with your mental and physical state remains the same, then you start to see the differences in quality of the LSD itself.

mardybum said:
Even in the 60s on pure LSD, no one had trips which were the same.

It is a myth that LSD from the 60s and 70s was way more pure than what we get today.

Dosed higher, maybe on average.

But the best fluff going around today definitely beats Bear's stuff in terms of purity. Actually from what I've read a lot of the batches of LSD in the 60s and early 70s were total garbage like the "Brown Acid" from Woodstock and shit like that. The stuff was so dirty people thought their acid was getting cut with speed and strychnine (which it wasn't, it was just shitty LSD compared to the Sandoz they had a couple years before that). Look at a microgram bulletin if you want they seized a bunch of prints in Ohio and said it was the most pure LSD they ever encountered.

Chemistry tends to get better over time, not worse.

man, it could be your body reacting to much stronger than usual emotions or you haveing eaten sometning different or more likely a combination of that and other things, but the whole bad acid thing is ridiculous

I tend to be on the side of acid is acid

I could see how if it has been stored incorrectly it could be weaker than expected

Ive dosed on trips from the same sheet of a friend while he sat the sahking saying "man i think this acid is bad or cut with something cause i feel really shitty" I laid there telling everyone about how this was the best acid Id ever eaten

I think the diffreneces are the diffrent strength and your own condition

Like someone else mentioned if I trip after a week of eating shit and being lazy I feel like shit during my trip

If ive been taking care of myself it feels so much better

i wouldnt call it bad.. maybe not good.. but never bad..
LSD is never bad, unless its a surprise doses of 5 MeO aMT or DOB lol

ALD-52 is something that happens in the synth and gives a bit different effects.. that can happen sometimes too.. messy sythn = poor quality = fuck ups

Swerz said:
ALD-52 is something that happens in the synth and gives a bit different effects.. that can happen sometimes too.. messy sythn = poor quality = fuck ups

Er, no it isn't; ALD-52 is 1-acetyl LSD and has to be specifically snthesized (usually from LSD itself).

While the 'purity' can wildly differ, in terms of percentage of all the ergolines present in the dose (d-LSD will spontaneously convert into d-iso LSD ), d-iso LSD is less active at receptors other than the 5HT2a (which is the target receptor of all psychedelics & at which the iso form is much, much less active). As such it can only produced mild symptoms at the doses usually present - major unpleasantness is due to the mind picking up on them and exaggerating them (I'd guess the noradrenergic receptors to be the main culprits)

blue)dolphin said:
It is a myth that LSD from the 60s and 70s was way more pure than what we get today.

Dosed higher, maybe on average.

But the best fluff going around today definitely beats Bear's stuff in terms of purity. Actually from what I've read a lot of the batches of LSD in the 60s and early 70s were total garbage like the "Brown Acid" from Woodstock and shit like that. The stuff was so dirty people thought their acid was getting cut with speed and strychnine (which it wasn't, it was just shitty LSD compared to the Sandoz they had a couple years before that). Look at a microgram bulletin if you want they seized a bunch of prints in Ohio and said it was the most pure LSD they ever encountered.

Chemistry tends to get better over time, not worse.

I'm talking about Leary etc who got their stuff directly from a chemist/scientist in liquid form. Is speed or strychnine really going to be active on one blotter anyway? I always assumed it wouldn't.

@F&b.. thanks for clearing that up for me..
just like to add a lil something i found. :)

According to the _Psychedelics Encyclopedia_, ALD-52 is rather commonly
found on the street sold as LSD-25. However, it also claims that ALD-52
is actually a smoother trip than LSD. Either way, ALD-52 tends to
decompose into LSD-25 rather quickly, so I really doubt the quality is
changed that much.

blue)dolphin said:
Also I would smell a 5meoAMT or DOx sold as acid from a mile away, in fact I've never been fooled into eating those unintentionally

How do you distinguish the difference?

sometimes the size of the blotter size itself is a good indication of whats in it..