• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How much molly = 1 roll ??

Tested pills from the 'old days' didnt have anywhere close to 250mg afaik, here in the uk at least. Highest ive heard of was like 180mg iirc. I think we need less old timers going on about 'back in the day' it was better, here in the UK its easy to get around 95% pure MDMA, and really cheap MDMA pills if you know which ones to look for. There is no difference from now to back then, just the fact it will never seem as good as the first times.

Also i dont think side effects are even that bad 200mg+...

^^^yeah. I agree, it's easy to think how much better everything was 'back in the day'. My first good pill was in like 2002, and i don't think any pill i've taken compares the first 4 or 5 pills i took. Even 250mgs of pure mdma snorted didn't compare to those first 4 or 5 rolls.

I think it's kind of the way that mdma works.
Of course I didn't ever take any pills prior to '96 so i can't say for sure. But to me this kind of seems like all the 'lsd is lsd' threads. If the synth is done properly MDMA is MDMA is MDMA. It really wouldn't make any difference if it was made in a pharmaceutical lab or in someones home lab if they do it correctly.

Junglistvibe said:
How do you know? Have you ever taken pharmaceutically grade pure MDMA? Even the purest street MDMA would still be crap purity to what they put out back then.

But even with street MDMA you can dose ridiculously high compared to most pills without getting half of the side-effects.

apart from the odd drunken mistake, i make sure the crystals i buy don't have any contaminants. last time my friend didn't even make me pay until after i had tried it.

but that's beside the point. my original reasons for saying that were from a couple of studies like Joseph Downing (1985), Greer (1983) as well as Phikal. I would hope that because these were scientific articles, they used mdma that wasn't street quality.

edit: also, a lot of us probably have a mild tolerance. the physical effects i feel from 200mg nowadays are substancially more subdued than what i felt 18 months ago

I can't imagine taking anywhere near 250mg (and definitely not more than that) of mdma in one sitting and I have had pure mdma that was tested in a lab and was tested to be over 98% pure.

I am happy with a dose of around 125mg, it gets me where I want to be so that I have an awesome time without going overboard. If a "common" pill contained 250mg "back in the day" then I'm glad that I wasn't in the scene back then because I know that would be way too much for me to handle.

250 mgs per setting sounds nice. I'll have to admit to taking up to 600 mgs.

As a general rule of thumb we buy a gram and split that up into 8 doses. We'll then have one (or two if we're feeling fiesty) of those a night.

Does that sound about right? The effects tend to vary, but generally it gives a nice buzz.

i am jealous that 125mg is enough for you for a whole night out (!!)

it is very annoying for me (purity issues) because i have tried taking 125mg, which gave me an ok buzz but nothing spectacular. then tried 200mg of the same which me go NUTS lol a bit too fuck up for my liking

I thought that you could split a gram of molly up into 10 doses that would equal one good roll each? Not sure though...We just got a gram and a half for this weekend's New Years show and I am sure we will have more than enough for my friends and I :)

naatural said:
i am jealous that 125mg is enough for you for a whole night out (!!)

it is very annoying for me (purity issues) because i have tried taking 125mg, which gave me an ok buzz but nothing spectacular. then tried 200mg of the same which me go NUTS lol a bit too fuck up for my liking

The stuff I have taken was of known purity.

Do you think that the substance you were taking was just weak or do you think it was cut with another substance?

No, I know the stuff we are getting is pure. We were just wondering if we wanted to roll tomorrow night for the 30th and then again for the 31st what the best method would be. We were thinking do a half a gram b/w my boyfriend and I for the 30th, and then take the full gram for the 31st. It is pure and I am sure will get off just fine off of a half of a gram for the first night though we both have been rolling for 10 years now. I just want to make sure that we still blow up and roll hard on the 31st. This weekend is going to be off the chain, can't wait till tomorrow night, we leave for the ATL!!!

purplefirefly said:
The stuff I have taken was of known purity.

Do you think that the substance you were taking was just weak or do you think it was cut with another substance?
No, many people find with MDMA they need to dose more than they would with pills to feel content. I think it's because the high is more "subtle" due to less side-effects, you think you're not rolling hard enough.

Dosage is the only way to explain the different levels of effects of the pills I did back in Dallas and the ones that I have had since '96.

i know exactly what you mean, i took my first in austin in '94. they were big off white domed pills with a score on one side, they came either with pink specs(peppermints) yellow specs, or brown specs( the infamous chocolate chip, my first).

faces, infinity, proteus, and hollywoods, 6th st atx.

had to comment.......... got me all sentimental.

Junglistvibe said:
No, many people find with MDMA they need to dose more than they would with pills to feel content. I think it's because the high is more "subtle" due to less side-effects, you think you're not rolling hard enough.

But that doesn't make sense because mdma is mdma. If your pills are mdma only then there should be no difference in the high that you experience had you taken mdma powder instead.

i think with me it's a matter of tolerance. been like that ever since i went on holiday and stupidly took half a gram in one night :(

and with pills lately i've had to take one and a half at a time to really feel a woosh. that said, although i am sure i have ok mdma, i dont think its more than 90% pure

purplefirefly said:
But that doesn't make sense because mdma is mdma. If your pills are mdma only then there should be no difference in the high that you experience had you taken mdma powder instead.

What about the purity of the MDMA? When they make MDMA for selling it as MDMA they clean it better so it can form crystals and even nice looking crystals, while they often put low quality mdma in pills because it's cheaper to purify it less and you can't tell it looks shitty. Just a thought :)
I'm pretty confident that the byproducts of the synth can alter the high...

Generally I feel like I keep chasing the "high" more on good, clean mdma. I'm not sure how much is in the average pill I get, but a tiny bit of meth can help you achieve that high even if it's only .1. Anyway, I always start with .175 of molly, but I have a pretty high tolerance at this point. I know 2 people who did the same stuff who each got a capsule filled with .1 and were 100 percent content with it.

Junglistvibe said:
What about the purity of the MDMA? When they make MDMA for selling it as MDMA they clean it better so it can form crystals and even nice looking crystals, while they often put low quality mdma in pills because it's cheaper to purify it less and you can't tell it looks shitty. Just a thought :)
I'm pretty confident that the byproducts of the synth can alter the high...

How do you know that chemists often put low quality mdma into the pills that they are producing?

panic in paradise said:
i know exactly what you mean, i took my first in austin in '94. they were big off white domed pills with a score on one side, they came either with pink specs(peppermints) yellow specs, or brown specs( the infamous chocolate chip, my first).

faces, infinity, proteus, and hollywoods, 6th st atx.

had to comment.......... got me all sentimental.

I had the yellow specs, the brown specs and I had some that were grey specs. I never saw any pink ones though. Those brown spec ones were 8o WOW...........

I dont think the byproducts of the MDMA reaction will effect it at all. Pills are the same, no question. But the consistency of them can effect things as compared to doing powder/crystals.