• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Injecting hydrocodone & oxycodone

Status
Not open for further replies.

adder

Bluelighter
I injected quite a lot of it some time ago and I've just done it again. My conclusion is that it seems to resemble codeine in a way. It's definately more histaminergic than hydromorphone and there's no instant rush, it comes on slowly. I've got red streaks on the veins I injected into and a small rash around my wrists.

I wonder if the same happens with oxycodone? Sure they both hydrocodone and oxycodone can have a stronger affinity to opioid receptors than codeine but hydrocodone seems more of a prodrug. Is this the same for oxycodone injected i.v.?

ive read lots of shit about the bad shit in pills and how you shouldn't inject because it really fucks up your veins, more so than injecting something safe (i.e. pure cocaine or heroin, and there are ways to purify street shit)
did you at least do water extractions with these before injecting to get some of that shit out?

why dont you just grow some poppies man, and fucking get your own opium or make your own heroin. ive never IVed anything or tried opium but once, but snorting heroin is no different than doing vikes or oxys.

do not inject hydrocodone, it carries the same complications as say, injecting codeine would. as for oxycodone, the only pills i could reasonable reccomend are obviously brand-name OxyContin or Roxicodone.

When it comes to onset/rush you should think of IV heroin as a train running full throttle, whereas you should think of IV oxycodone as a jet plane taking off.

Guys, I've done heroin and morphine numbers of times. And this hydrocodone was pure salt in powder.

It's debatable as to whether or not IVing hydrocodone can cause pulmonary edema (a build-up of fluid in your lung which can be fatal). IVing codeine can definitely cause this. Just because you've done it before and didn't die doesn't mean it's safe. It's just not worth that extra 15% bio-availability and whatever kind of "rush" you might get from IVing hydrocodone. IVing pure oxycodone on the other hand is a different story. I'd like to try it.

Both of them aren't prodrugs.

I don't see a point to iv'ing codeine, which relies on metabolism to become active. That doesn't mean people don't do it though! I've heard that it's common in developing countries, and countries were more favorable opiates aren't available.

IV Hydrocodone (not Vicodion FCS) has lower affinity/bbb penetration than oxycodone than dilaudid/morphine/heroin, hence the differing subjective aspects of the IV exp such as rush intensity, duration, histamine release, etc. Heroin is the only prodrug, increasing bbb permeability and actually increasing intensity, in stark contrast to codeine (orally). The rest are the main opioid ligands, with some active metabolites

HYDRO_CHRONIC said:
back to myidea of hydroCONTIN ....:)

Time-release hydrocodone does exist. 30 mg, 50 mg, 75 and 90 mg compounded formulations exist around here. It's still mixed with minimal amounts of APAP but still contains large amounts of hydeocodone in time-release form.

I don't see any reason why there should be a continuous release hydrocodone. The whole point of Vicodin/Lortab/Norco whatever is that they're schedule III. Unless it had only 15mg hydrocodone and a significant amount of something else (like apap), hydrocodone-contin would be schedule II. From a medical point of view, once you get into schedule II there are many other, better choices for long term pain relief. By the time your at the point where you need continuous release opiates for pain management, hydrocodone probably won't cut it.

I dont see the point in I.V.ing oxycodone when the bioavailability is so high for oral and nasal. It does not produce any kind of rushing like other I.V.able opiates/opioids and really the whole high i feel is diminished by shooting it. I like shooting dope a lot but snorting/eating oxy IME is just as good if not better than the intraveinous ROA.

^^I definitely get a nice rush from IV oxycontin, im on it right now. Thats the only reason I do it though, because of the rush and I like the needle. It is a shame that it shortens the high so much but you get that :/

Also as someone already said in alot of places heroin isnt available whereas pharm opiates are. It'd take me 4 hours and about $150 if I wanted to get high on heroin. It takes me about 2 minutes and as low as $5 to get enough oxy or methadone(I dont IV that) to get high. Its all about efficiency.

I have never experienced a rush from IV Oxycodone. The opiates that give me a rush IV are Morphine (tingly, histamine-rush), Hydromorphone (full-out body euphora-rush) and Oxymorphone (God comes down and tickles your soul kind-of rush).

Oxycodone just doesn't seem like it has a big enough gap in BA to be able to provide a rush via IV. IDK though, maybe it's just me and my obscene tolerance.

hydrocontin would have its place i have no doubt at all but im sure it would cause alot more problems because alot of people would try and IV it

but honestly back when i could get high of 20mg of OXY or 30mg of hydro i prefered hydrocodone ,the high was more relaxing and dreamy ,oxy always felt sorta chemical to me and speedy dirty kinda high,but not always

so if they came out with a hydrocontin i would def snort the hell outta it after my tolerance subsided

adder said:
Guys, I've done heroin and morphine numbers of times. And this hydrocodone was pure salt in powder.

Ive been a junky for 12 years and NEVER heard of hydrocodone salts being available, it is always sold as a combo with apap or similar afaik

nleksan said:
I have never experienced a rush from IV Oxycodone. The opiates that give me a rush IV are Morphine (tingly, histamine-rush), Hydromorphone (full-out body euphora-rush) and Oxymorphone (God comes down and tickles your soul kind-of rush).

Oxycodone just doesn't seem like it has a big enough gap in BA to be able to provide a rush via IV. IDK though, maybe it's just me and my obscene tolerance.

Nope it's not just you. This is exactly how i feel.

phrozen said:
Both of them aren't prodrugs.

I don't see a point to iv'ing codeine, which relies on metabolism to become active. That doesn't mean people don't do it though! I've heard that it's common in developing countries, and countries were more favorable opiates aren't available.
Um, I always was told that hydrocodone is a prodrug of hydromorphone and oxycodone is a prodrug of oxymorphone. Since they are metabolized into that. Maybe I am mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.