• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Injecting hydrocodone & oxycodone

Status
Not open for further replies.
no you aer not mistaken. it is correct a portion of the hydro DOES turn into hydromorph and im POSITIVE that in ME, the morph DOes have effect. same with oxy.
anyhow, they are called Partial prodrugs.
well i have come to a conclusion with hydros. i think that taking any more than one pill does NOT have a greater effects until i reach 8 pills. it is POINTLESS for me to take 3 or 4 or 5, becsaue it feels NO different than one. one, or 8. wierd huh? anyways peace

klowns said:
no you aer not mistaken. it is correct a portion of the hydro DOES turn into hydromorph and im POSITIVE that in ME, the morph DOes have effect. same with oxy.
anyhow, they are called Partial prodrugs.
well i have come to a conclusion with hydros. i think that taking any more than one pill does NOT have a greater effects until i reach 8 pills. it is POINTLESS for me to take 3 or 4 or 5, becsaue it feels NO different than one. one, or 8. wierd huh? anyways peace
What would you call that, the basement effect?haha.

even if i iv'ed a very small amout sy 20mg ,wich would not get me high ,i would still feel a rush

hell if i IV really small amounts of dilaudid i feel a rush also ,even when on somthing like methadone

I tried to inject Norco's but when I mixed it up it just turned into a gummy mess that cloged up my rig. I tried heating it but that did not work either is there a way to mix it without it getting all gummy, I usually snort it but decided to try it another way. Ive been an IV drug user for years so I am not a begginer but this is the first time I got my hands on Norco's I usually just go for heroin. I have tried Oxy's but was not very impressed with them.

Last edited:
I used to do IV oxycodone for a while before I started suboxone. It gives a real nice high, especially when combined with midazolam. Which is one benzo that IMO is only worth taking IV. Ofc combining opioids with benzos is dangerous and I don't want to recommend it to anyone.

Anyway, I've had some of the worst withdrawals of my life from IV oxycodone, even worse than heroin.

ilovechronic said:
Um, I always was told that hydrocodone is a prodrug of hydromorphone and oxycodone is a prodrug of oxymorphone. Since they are metabolized into that. Maybe I am mistaken.

Hydromorphone and oxymorphone are active metabolite of hydrocodone and oxycodone, but only comprise a very small percentage (10-20%) of those metabolites. Oxycodone's main metabolite, for example, is noroxycodone and is an inactive substance.

scooby1781 said:
I tried to inject Norco's but when I mixed it up it just turned into a gummy mess that cloged up my rig. I tried heating it but that did not work either is there a way to mix it without it getting all gummy, I usually snort it but decided to try it another way. Ive been an IV drug user for years so I am not a begginer but this is the first time I got my hands on Norco's I usually just go for heroin. I have tried Oxy's but was not very impressed with them.

This is the stupidest fucking thing I have read in a while.

If you decide to IV norcos and end up with a pulmonary embolism or stroke, I doubt I will feel bad for you.

Do not IV pills, but if you do, dont EVER IV pills containing APAP. You have a good chance of dying. You are lucky your rig stopped working, otherwise I doubt you wouldve been able to post.

Also, don't snort them either. There are so many inactive binders that its just not worth it. BA is better orally anyway.

Very true about trying to IV norco, that's just crazy. All this stuff about BA is crap though, it's got to be the most overused and overrated term around here. Also, I definitely get a rush from IV oxycodone. Very intense but damn does it shoot your tolerance up fast as hell. And the high is so much shorter too, damn that evil spike.

God, IVing a 5 or 10mg Norco is probably the stupidest pill you could ever decide to IV. You'd be hard-pressed to even SEE 5mg of hydrocodone powder with the naked eye. You would have had a goopy shot of APAP flowing into your vein, and you probably would have lost an arm, or possibly even died from complications.

Be glad you didnt shoot it.

yea, im trying to find out if you can break down the oxycodone time release for
injecting?? anyone know

A pro drug NEEDS to be metabolized before it is active.

Oxycodone just doesn't seem like it has a big enough gap in BA to be able to provide a rush via IV. IDK though, maybe it's just me and my obscene tolerance.

I didn't think that the difference in BA from oral to IV made a difference when it came to the rush... The fact that you are injecting 100% of your dose directly and immediately into your blood stream is what causes the rush. If you didn't experience one, you probably didn't take enough!

yea, im trying to find out if you can break down the oxycodone time release for
injecting?? anyone know

use the search engine...
or look at the oxycodone mega thread..
or go to the other drugs directory and scroll down to injecting oxycodone..

Hope that helps.

oxycodone is water soluble. mix it with water and apply VERY little heat underneath whatever you've put your solution of water and crushed pill in (typically a spoon) to release some of it from the binder. then put in a fair sized piece of wadded up cotton in the mixture, stick end of needle into the middle of the cotton and suck back; this is in order to get none of the filler or other bullshit thats not drugs into your needle, as they get trapped in the cotton. find a vein and boom. i hope you know how to do that part ;). much shorter lasting than snorting or eating the oxycodone, or oxycontin, but there is a sort of rush and it definately provides a superior nod as all of the narcotic is in your bloodstream at once.

happy shooting.

Blow is right never heat oxys. Th stuff you want is soluble in COLD water. I feel as tho it shud be common sense for any seasoned opiate user. If a CWE works on vics or percs then one would think the same theory would work on oc, only difference is u only need a spoon and a cotton and it doesnt take 45 mins to do.

Ive been a junky for 12 years and NEVER heard of hydrocodone salts being available, it is always sold as a combo with apap or similar afaik

They sure do have it! Just have to have the doctor write hydrocodone w/o APAP and bring it to a compounding pharmacy (whichyou'll have to find) and you can definately get it.

This just brings me to the conclusion that we should have diacetylhydrooxymorphoneacodonecontincet...that would be cool...

Last edited:
I disagree re the rush from oxy- I've injected 120mg and WOW- jet plane indeed- you have to hit the threshold that is right for you given your level of tolerance (obviously)- not proposing anyone try this!!!!--if someone with a different tolerance level tried this they might turn blue after ceasing to breathe...I've never tried IV hydro- never encountered pure Hydro sans APAP and would NEVER IV ANYTHING with APAP in it. Even the roxi's with the minimal amt of binders I am sure have fucked up my lungs and capillary beds to some degree- definetely not something you want to start doing on a regular basis- plus your tolerance level skyrockets with IV oxy so fast its obscene.

Status
Not open for further replies.