• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Injecting hydrocodone & oxycodone

Status
Not open for further replies.
hydrocontin would have its place i have no doubt at all but im sure it would cause alot more problems because alot of people would try and IV it

but honestly back when i could get high of 20mg of OXY or 30mg of hydro i prefered hydrocodone ,the high was more relaxing and dreamy ,oxy always felt sorta chemical to me and speedy dirty kinda high,but not always

so if they came out with a hydrocontin i would def snort the hell outta it after my tolerance subsided

They are in the process of making an extended-release or higher concentrated hydrocodone-alone medication because the FDA voted to take away hydrocodone with APAP because of the liver damage. I have to agree with you, though I like both feelings. The hydro buzz is more natural and relaxing.

Dude thats fuckin stupid..YOu tellin me you inject like blue tens or something? THose are horse pills and 90% of them is acetominophen and blue fillers and shit...come on man, inject heroin or morphine or pure shit not pills that they hand out to any swingin dude!

I feel like their definitely is a rush from IV oxycodone. The first time I did 2 roxy 30's at once and was knocked completely on my ass. I felt so warm. Like i was slowly wrapped up in a heat blanket. As for hydrocodone, don't be stupid just eat it. I can't say much though, I have tried to IV the new oxy OP's and had a horrible experience. Instead of that heat blanket feeling it was like a stopping of the heart and it felt like the shit was gelling up in my veins. The internet can convince you to do stupid shit sometimes and be misleading with all the techs you read on how to break time releases...

Bitch at me and argue all you would like, but I've IV'd a vast array of opiates/oids and have specific memory of the feel of all of them. I for one don't believe oxycodone gives a rush at all when injected. What people think they feel as a rush is simply the drug reaching the highest blood concentration at once ( Cmax ) Yes, you may get the warm blanket feeling, and yes it comes on quickly, but that is just the peak of the high that happens within seconds vs over minutes when snorted or eaten. Now load a syringe with something that penetrates the BBB super fast like heroin or hydromorphone and you will know what a rush is. Most who claim that oxy has a rush has never experienced IVing any other opiate, mostly due to availability. There is nothing wrong with that being your DOC, but until you feel a real rush, you wouldn't understand the feeling.

Alright, so heroin and hydromorphone are way better than oxycodone - I totally agree. That's one of the reason I preferred to lose a lot of money on the beige shit than shoot up lab grade oxycodone when my morphine source disappeared.

But it wasn't for the rush, it was for the general feeling. And that's why for me there's an opioid way better than heroin or hydromorphone. It's morphine. And it doesn't matter it crosses BBB less easily, let's say you get X % of heroin into your brain where it's metabolized fast to morphine and 6-MAM - what you feel is just an instant high for your mind, head, whatever you call it. Now with morphine you might get even X/2 % of it into your brain, but you get both the feeling in your head and there's the great bodyload.

Certainly you may not like the "pins & needles" feeling AND some may not like feeling like being hit with a hammer in their heads - that's what's heroin for me, very little bodyhigh compared to morphine. And concerning bodyhigh and completely no rush (the way you described it) levorphanol beats all of the drugs mentioned in this thread, really. And it goes on and on...

If it was only for the difference between the time you hit the vein and the time when you feel the strong rush, drugs like fentanyl would take place of heroin on the street due to the easiness of synthesis long time ago. And still, when there's a batch of heroin with fentanyl mixed in, most people don't want such a combo. The reason why people choose heroin is generally the fact that there is actually no other opioid on the market that could match it, there is no choice. Methadone is good for long, lone, and sedative parties, buprenorphine is good for beginners (8mg tablet is enough for 8 opioid-naive ones), fentanyl is dull in its selectivity and after you inject it, the next thing you know is you have to repeat it... Codeine and dihydrocodeine are good and I mean it because I've been there long long time ago and loved it but wanted more and got it... What's left in the pharmacies? Hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydromorphone, and oxymorphone in some countries. The first two aren't really worth mentioning as they're a lot worst than morphine when you compare them intravenously. Hydromorphone is a still good one and the pills with it contain relatively low amount of additives so it's easy to get a solution for i.v. But oxymorphone is rarely prescribed in the form of IR pills so it's usable actually only in the form of lab grade powder.

I don't know anything about getting oxycodone out of ER pills, but now that I'm mentioning that there's no choice, I'm seeing this one might be one for those who either don't have access to heroin or heroin costs them more than these pills. Anyway, some 3 years ago when I still shot up and I had contact with people "from the street", I often heard them asking me for morphine as they knew what I had shot up earlier. Any addict praises pure morphine from an ampule over brown powder with at most 10% of heroin freebase. It might be even heroin hydrochloride but let's be honest here - who likes adulterants?

Oh, and last thing, I've seen quite a lot of studies done to see if addicts can tell apart morphine and heroin when they aren't told what they're given. And the results showed in various ways that it was impossible to tell which samples were what. Besides even though heroin is used in medicine as a last resort analgesic, e.g. in the UK, I don't really think people who have morphine or something else switched to heroin would feel the difference if there wasn't this stigma put on heroin. On the streets it helps to sell it to opioid addicts (who actually don't care if it's heroin anymore, they just want the fix), in medicine it helps to convince patients it will help them better.

Hydrocodone should NEVER be injected.

This thread needs to stay ON-TOPIC because as is, it barely has any HR info, and arguing is not going to help that situation. Take it to PM.

They are in the process of making an extended-release or higher concentrated hydrocodone-alone medication because the FDA voted to take away hydrocodone with APAP because of the liver damage. I have to agree with you, though I like both feelings. The hydro buzz is more natural and relaxing.

That seems to be correct. On the clinicaltrials.gov web site several months ago there was a study for just that-time release
hydrocodone. I think if you go to that site and type "hydrocodone" it should pull up the study and the details. (The trial is over here.)
I did call about participating (they paid you as well $50) but you had to be on a huge daily dose to qualify.
Jen

I'm REALLY hoping you didn't just say you injected Codeine. Don't be an idiot and inject pills. Pills are meant for mouths, not needles.

And yes, i'm aware that this thread is 4 years old.

I've never seen a more stupid piece of advice concerning intravenous injection generally, really.

No matter what you inject, you remove whatever you use to bring veins into visibility after you're inside vein and then you push the plunger.

Basically, what you're suggesting is going to make pressure in the vein high as hell and you do that for the most of injected oxycodone to hit "at once". Well, a safer method to do this is dissolving oxycodone HCl in less amount of water so you have like 0.4ml in your syringe - if it's a clean solution of oxycodone HCl, the injection will take one second.

I know what you mean, I've seen heroin junkies evaporating as much water as they can and they ended up with even 0.4ml of brown sugar cooked with citric acid. And this shouldn't be injected "as fast as possible" as the result of reaction of brown sugar ingredients with citric acid give quite a thick solution if a lot of stuff is cooked with citric acid and then evaporated most water is evaporated and it's very dark. Anyway, they do it for the same reason, you do this thing with not releasing tourniquet.

He is correct. This site is for harm reduction. Tying off is for you to find a vein, not to kept tied off while you inject, especially if you are injecting 3ml of solution. That is nuts.

Even though a good dose of oxy, flunitrazepam, and cocaine would be an incredible shot, you should just use less solvent (in this case water) . Thank you for the post person whom I quoted.

^ Don't bump old threads.

I'm closing this dinosaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.