• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc IV Hydroxyzine..

why are there so many IV-Benadryl threads floating around ?

^
I don't know, but that's pretty irrelevant to a thread re: IV hydroxyzine (which is commonly used as part of a pre-GA cocktail in the US.)

Incidentally- and I don't know how much difference this makes, but- hydroxyzine pamoate (brand name Vistaril, as opposed to hydroxyzine hcl, aka Atarax) is not a pill. It's a gel cap, containing a small amount of yellow powder.

Not all anti-Histamines are equal. The effects from IV Hydroxyzine/Cyclizine/Diphenhydramine/Promethazine (rush, additive effects, euphoria) are much different from IV Loratidine/Brompheneriamine/Doxylamine/Ciproheptadine/etc (no positive effect or just heavy sedation depending on which one).

Euphoria is possible and sometimes common with a number of anti-histamines, and not only when taken IV or with another drug.

All of the questions asked in this thread about Atarax/Benadryl/Methadone/Buprenorphine are all answered in threads that are only 1 or 2 pages back in OD & BDD. Search function.

I used to shoot a bupe / hydroxyine combo and it always got me very high . I probably only did these a handful of times because Ive always been a little worried about shooting pills . In my opinion the high you get is not worth the health risk's associated with it . Id much rather take 100 mgs of Hydroxyzine and follow it 45 mins later with a nice shot of heroin . I used to take them with poppy pod tea also . Both excellent combinations in my opinion. And relatively safe.

I take methadone occasionaly and last night took the biggest dose so far which was 150mg all at once in 10mg pills, then this morning i found a little orange looking pill. I looked it up and to my suprize it was a 50mg hydoxyzine so i took it but idk if its because i took the methadone so long ago which was 8pm and it is now 7am i took the pill at like 5:30am but i dont feel much. I have 160mg of methadone to take today and will ask my dad if he has some more of these because it had to come from somewhere. I also have a question about tollerence, should i just post it in the basic drug discussion?

^ It is a RX (in the US) antihistamine.

Personally, it did shit for me, but many people think it is the best opioid potentiator at doses of 50-100mg.

I take methadone occasionaly and last night took the biggest dose so far which was 150mg all at once in 10mg pills, then this morning i found a little orange looking pill. I looked it up and to my suprize it was a 50mg hydoxyzine so i took it but idk if its because i took the methadone so long ago which was 8pm and it is now 7am i took the pill at like 5:30am but i dont feel much. I have 160mg of methadone to take today and will ask my dad if he has some more of these because it had to come from somewhere. I also have a question about tollerence, should i just post it in the basic drug discussion?

Yeah, dude...you need to take the potentiator BEFORE the opioid not like 12 hours later.

Did you really think that somehow it would magically make the methadone come back in your system??

The brand name for it is Atarax and Vistril and it works great for potentiating heroin. It stop's you from getting itchy and greatly increases the nod factor. I used to mix 50 mgs in with my shot of dope everyday for a couple months. Or you you could take it orally 30 minutes before you blast off which would be much safer for your body. Shooting pills is Bad :p

Just wondering how you have prepared your hydroxyzine pill iv. It's a salt but when i filter it it's still all cloady rather than clear. Is this ok or how has anyone who has done it do it?

Also how do you start a new thread of your own? I really have tried finding out how but to no luck.

Thank you
John

i usually take 400mg of hydroxyzine (atarax) when i want to get high on methadone (any more and i get stomache aches), i think i IV'd it once (100mg) without any noticeable effects, and decided it wasn't worth doing again

The brand name for it is Atarax and Vistril and it works great for potentiating heroin. It stop's you from getting itchy and greatly increases the nod factor. I used to mix 50 mgs in with my shot of dope everyday for a couple months. Or you you could take it orally 30 minutes before you blast off which would be much safer for your body. Shooting pills is Bad :p

i was slightly considering iv'ing the vistaril and decided i would take a look at how it melts down. well, when i put a half cc of water on it just turned to foam and looked like no way it was gonna dissolve into an injectable liquid... am i missing something? just in case anyone is concerned i have been iv'ing many different substances off and on over the last 9 yrs.

The best advice I saw on this thread is to take orally the hydroxyzine pill 30 minutes (or 45 minutes) before taking the opiate, whichever ROA is usually yours.

ive never tried it with methadone but did use vistral when i inject demerol and must say it did really gave it an immense rush and buzz

I (daily) IV both diphenhydramine and vistaril with my subutex (buprenorphine). Usually do 3-4 shots a day of 100mg of diphenhydramine or 100mg of hydrox and then .5-1mg of bupe.

It DOES produce a rush but some people I have shown this method to don't notice much of a difference. I think it's a very DISTINCT rush that you have to be looking for/ready for in order for it to have the effect that it has on me.

Like all other opiates, I always get the rush - and then sometimes afterwards I feel 'high' (not nodding- but more social, motivated, good all around, etc.) I have been doing this on and off for about 2 years now. Doing it with subutex is WAY better than doing it with suboxone (some people say that nalaxone doesn't do anything in suboxone because of bupe's higher affinity - I can tell you for sure that it without a doubt prevents any sort of rush like you get with subutex).

Any questions about this? Ask me, anytime it's brought up on this board people get on their high horse and flame so I don't really like bringing it up. However, since I have been doing this for years now I feel like I have the best way to do it and it is a pretty safe practice for me (never had any problems).

Yeah me too useed to shoot a mixture of Subutex/Suboxone and hydroxyzine works with both Utex & Oxone.
But in my opinion Promethazine is the best ive found.

i dont know if it has been mentioned on here but you can only inject the hydroxyzine hcl (atarax) because it's water soluble.
i have a million and one of the pamoate (vistaril) but need to get a solvent** in order to IV it. i have tried to IV it a long time ago and thought i did it with success but then i read on here that all i injected was filler and gross shit, no hydroxyzine pamoate :( oh well i just take them orally and they work fine that way.

*EDIT: it's soluble in ethanol, acetone, ether, chloroform and a few others. (just did a quick google)

Last edited:
I (daily) IV both diphenhydramine and vistaril with my subutex (buprenorphine). Usually do 3-4 shots a day of 100mg of diphenhydramine or 100mg of hydrox and then .5-1mg of bupe.

so im guessing most diphenhydramine pills (benadryl, dramamine etc.) are water soluble? but the vistaril version of hydroxyzine is not while the atarax version is?? (im always interested in a way to cheat the tolerance from opiates with a potentiator);)