• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc IV Hydroxyzine..

so im guessing most diphenhydramine pills (benadryl, dramamine etc.) are water soluble? but the vistaril version of hydroxyzine is not while the atarax version is?? (im always interested in a way to cheat the tolerance from opiates with a potentiator);)

you're correct. :)

I've had a lot of hydroxyzine/buprenorphine(atarax/subutex) IV cocktails in the past.
IV hydroxyzine burns like a motherfucker and IMO is just not worth the short and small rush. Eventually I fucked up a vein shooting hydroxyzine. Haven't touched it ever since.

^Yes that is definitely one drawback - the "burn" so to speak, I mean I really love the feeling of it coming up / passing through my body before it hits my lungs/head and I get that rush. The only thing that sucks is when it's happening, I'm thinking "this can't be good for my veins."

However, I have never had a problem (have missed probably a combination of 5 shots in the last 2 years, never developed an abscess/infection or anything).

The only thing I notice is that veins tend to stop working much quicker than if I was just shooting powdered heroin. Probably about the same damage as when I was shooting black tar heroin or blues/diphenhydramine.

Anyways, I know people in here who are like "that's so stupid" and "i'm better than you because ____" or "fuck that shit dude, shooting benedryl? why not just try ______ (insert drug of choice here).

And can't remember who asked, but yes... vistaril is hydrox paomate which is insoluble in water. If you want to shoot hydrox you need to get aterax.

As far as diphenhydramine goes, CVS brand diphenhydramine capsules had 25mg with no gelatin and no talc. If I put fire under this powder and water... it turns CLEAR and feels as thin as water.
However, CVS has recently changed this concoction to where their capsules now have a large amount of gelatin and talc in them, so they gel even without heat.

The sleepinal 50mg diphenhydramine pills are the best to shoot now. They dissolve easily in water (you can fit 2-3 in 60 units of water) and don't need to be heated, it comes out a little cloudy but mostly clear (use a micron filter PLEASE! - I don't but if you're going to do this, I suggest you use one) -- I don't because I don't think very highly of myself so I'm apathetic.

Have a good one all!

Clonazepam potentiates methadone a lot better than hydroxyzine. Methadone is very sedative on its own and hydroxyzine is a shitty antihistamine that helps for sleep as fuck, terribly.

The best opioid potentiator are Atropa belladonna leaves smoked in range 200-250mg (LEAVES!). That gives a serious kick, nodding beautifully. Too bad I said "good-bye" to sister and the others.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=481622

This is how you should inject Atarax, if at all: by micron filtering.

The reason it is not clear is because Atarax has *a lot* of fillers in those tiny pills. You want to use a micron filter to make injecting it feasible.

To prevent the burning sensation (due to an acidic pH), dilute it to the point where you are making a 20mg/ml solution (at the highest concentration), and try not to use more than 5mg per shot.

I would never shoot Atarax without a micron filter due to all of the inactives in it.

Do not IV 50 mg (or any quantity) of hydroxyzine.

20 mg orally, which I am taking for an allergic reaction, absolutely floors me and feels like a roofie. Of course you feel more high, because you are very sleepy.

This is just a really bad idea. :(

It's really not that strong. I'm perscribed 150mg Vistaril (hydroxyzine) every night for sleep and sometimes I still have trouble sleeping.

I am kinda curious if IV'ing it gives any kind of rush or anything. I don't have any opiates at the moment and I'm guessing it's kinda pointless to IV without some opiates in the same rig.

I'm not worried about bioavalibility as I have a script for it so I have plenty.

Well I just tried it. I emptied a 50mg capsule and it disolved pretty well. Didn't have to heat although there was some residue left in the spoon. I got maybe 5 units in and felt some pain, which never happens with anything else I've injected... so I just squirted it down the drain.

Maybe some other time lol.

I just succesfulled IV'ed 25mg promethazine. I got a little bit of a rush and I feel pretty good. I've also been taking some valiums orally though.

It dissolved pretty good... a lot better than the Vistaril. It was all milky white too, like a nice shot of dilaudid, which I wish I had lol.

Probably not worth it but just reporting that it can be done. There was no burning on injection either. It's possible I wasn't in the vein when I did the hydroxyzine but other people were saying it burns.

From wikipedia:

Hydroxyzine is contraindicated for intraveneous (IV) injection, as IV injection of hydroxyzine has shown to cause hemolysis.

Also from wikipedia (about promethazine):

Euphoria (very rare, except with high IV doses and/or coadministration with opioids/CNS depressants)

IV administration: Dilute with 0.9% NaCl or D5W. CONCENTRATION: Doses should not exceed a concentration of 25mg/ml. Administer through a large-bore vein through a running IV line into the most distal port. Slight yellow color does not alter potency. Do not administer if precipitate is present.

RATE: Administer each 25mg slowly, over at least 10-15min. Rapid administration may produce a transient fall in blood pressure. [8] Serious complications including those listed above have resulted from improper parenteral administration, including those requiring surgical intervention and amputation.

Hmmm interesting.... Does anyone know what IVing it from a pill form or even IVing Benadryl from pill form...

Does anyone have any experience with any of these things I listed, another thing I was thinking about, was do you thikn it's possible to IV Seroquel?

Thanks!

I've done a bit of both when I was desperate to shoot bupe and I never got any effect favorable then I gave up. All types of diphenhydramine I encountered were very difficult to filter and shoot and would clog big cotton pieces so be ready to be patient or waste some more money and get the 50mg gel caps, which I don't know how I feel about harm reduction wise but others on here like them.

i usually take 400mg of hydroxyzine (atarax) when i want to get high on methadone (any more and i get stomache aches), i think i IV'd it once (100mg) without any noticeable effects, and decided it wasn't worth doing again

I've once injected 75mg hydroxyzine HCl (atarax) with 2mg bupe and found the burn in my vein to be just too painfull to ever try it again. Also the potentiation provided by the 75mg hydroxyzine was a bit of a disappointment as well.

IME it's not worth it.

For what it's worth, Vistaril is never given IV in the medical field. (except by accident).
Only oral or IM.
Multiple lawsuits for vein necrosis secondary to accidental IV admin of Vistaril.

I just succesfulled IV'ed 25mg promethazine. I got a little bit of a rush and I feel pretty good. I've also been taking some valiums orally though.

It dissolved pretty good... a lot better than the Vistaril. It was all milky white too, like a nice shot of dilaudid, which I wish I had lol.

Probably not worth it but just reporting that it can be done. There was no burning on injection either. It's possible I wasn't in the vein when I did the hydroxyzine but other people were saying it burns.

From wikipedia:

Hydroxyzine is contraindicated for intraveneous (IV) injection, as IV injection of hydroxyzine has shown to cause hemolysis.

Also from wikipedia (about promethazine):

Euphoria (very rare, except with high IV doses and/or coadministration with opioids/CNS depressants)

IV administration: Dilute with 0.9% NaCl or D5W. CONCENTRATION: Doses should not exceed a concentration of 25mg/ml. Administer through a large-bore vein through a running IV line into the most distal port. Slight yellow color does not alter potency. Do not administer if precipitate is present.

RATE: Administer each 25mg slowly, over at least 10-15min. Rapid administration may produce a transient fall in blood pressure. [8] Serious complications including those listed above have resulted from improper parenteral administration, including those requiring surgical intervention and amputation.

Weird... I didn't know IVing hydroxyzine was contraindicated due to hemolysis. Apparently hemolysis can occur from injecting bacteriostatic water (without drugs in the solution), or from suctioning blood out of a vein too quickly (or from improper injection technique).

I have injected hydroxyzine before, though in much smaller doses than have been discussed here (I would typically only use 3 to 5 mg max in a shot).

I wonder how much longer the duration of IM hydroxyzine is.

For what it's worth, Vistaril is never given IV in the medical field. (except by accident).
Only oral or IM.
Multiple lawsuits for vein necrosis secondary to accidental IV admin of Vistaril.

Why would hydroxyzine cause vein necrosis? It's not that I don't believe you, I would just like for you to enlighten us. :)

IV'ing pills is stupid.

That being said, I used once got some vials of injectable diphenhydramine and used it to put my dope in soln with. It added something to the rush but made the high kind of lame and sleepy, took the edge off the all's right with the world euphoria.

For the record I once shot a doxylamine pill (stupid) and got real bad cotton fever.

Weird... I didn't know IVing hydroxyzine was contraindicated due to hemolysis. Apparently hemolysis can occur from injecting bacteriostatic water (without drugs in the solution), or from suctioning blood out of a vein too quickly (or from improper injection technique).

I have injected hydroxyzine before, though in much smaller doses than have been discussed here (I would typically only use 3 to 5 mg max in a shot).

I wonder how much longer the duration of IM hydroxyzine is.

Why would hydroxyzine cause vein necrosis? It's not that I don't believe you, I would just like for you to enlighten us. :)

The main issue, to my understanding, is the tissue/vein irritation and necrosis.
As for why it causes those things, that's beyond my level of knowledge, and I don't have access to PubMed here. My guess would be a Ph problem, but that's entirely a guess.

Keep in mind, some of the confusion may stem from 2 similar drugs:
hydroxyzine hydrochloride (atarax) which is approved for IV use.
hydroxyzine pamoate (vistaril) which is not approved for IV use.

I looked up Vistaril/Hydroxyzine in Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 5th Edition, page 617:
"Hemolysis may result from IV injections." "Significant tissue damage, necrosis, and sloughing may result from IV injections."
Also, in Mosby's Drug Guide for Nurses, 4th Edition, page 595:
"Never give IV, severe tissue necrosis can result."

From the manufacturer's drug label (http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=2589)
Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride Injection, USP is a sterile aqueous solution intended for intramuscular administration.
Hydroxyzine hydrochloride intramuscular solution is intended only for intramuscular administration and should not, under any circumstances, be injected subcutaneously, intra-arterially or intravenously.

Based on all literature out there, the actual label on the vial (Bold red print, "Not for IV use!), and standard practice, Vistaril should never be given IV. It's not that the drug manufacturers are trying to keep you from getting high; they just don't want your arm to fall off.
Be safe.

Last edited:
Reply to can you shoot seroquel

Hmmm interesting.... Does anyone know what IVing it from a pill form or even IVing Benadryl from pill form...

Does anyone have any experience with any of these things I listed, another thing I was thinking about, was do you thikn it's possible to IV Seroquel?

Thanks!

I have expeeience shooting seroquel. It gave the high youget from the pill a lo faster. You just wanna knock out faster. Considering that it's a bipolar medication or for sleep it is very dangerous too do it. Hey had his info comerical on tv last year that made me say I'm not goign to inject seroquel

The main issue, to my understanding, is the tissue/vein irritation and necrosis.
As for why it causes those things, that's beyond my level of knowledge, and I don't have access to PubMed here. My guess would be a Ph problem, but that's entirely a guess.

Keep in mind, some of the confusion may stem from 2 similar drugs:
hydroxyzine hydrochloride (atarax) which is approved for IV use.
hydroxyzine pamoate (vistaril) which is not approved for IV use.

I looked up Vistaril/Hydroxyzine in Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 5th Edition, page 617:
"Hemolysis may result from IV injections." "Significant tissue damage, necrosis, and sloughing may result from IV injections."
Also, in Mosby's Drug Guide for Nurses, 4th Edition, page 595:
"Never give IV, severe tissue necrosis can result."

From the manufacturer's drug label (http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=2589)
Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride Injection, USP is a sterile aqueous solution intended for intramuscular administration.
Hydroxyzine hydrochloride intramuscular solution is intended only for intramuscular administration and should not, under any circumstances, be injected subcutaneously, intra-arterially or intravenously.

Based on all literature out there, the actual label on the vial (Bold red print, "Not for IV use!), and standard practice, Vistaril should never be given IV. It's not that the drug manufacturers are trying to keep you from getting high; they just don't want your arm to fall off.
Be safe.

Thanks for the information! That makes sense though, I am not sure why hydroxyzine causes this irritation/sloughing, I am quite happy I don't have any serious damage from doing this.

I haven't injected it in a while and probably won't for some time to come.

i have been using for a few years now and i would like to get the most out of my shots im going to ask for the other form of vistaril the next time i go to my doctors and im going to get suboxones monday so if you know what to disolve the hydroxyzine pam 25 mg pills in please and thank you for the reply by the way this is my first post on bluelight i look forward to being a bluelighter soon

i have been using for a few years now and i would like to get the most out of my shots im going to ask for the other form of vistaril the next time i go to my doctors and im going to get suboxones monday so if you know what to disolve the hydroxyzine pam 25 mg pills in please and thank you for the reply by the way this is my first post on bluelight i look forward to being a bluelighter soon

You really shouldn't inject a whole Atarax pill (hydroxyzine hcl) - and I wouldn't inject it at all without using a micron filter. There's tons of shitty inactives in it.

I wouldn't use more than 2mg or 5mg at a time. Any more will cause a slight burning sensation.

You really shouldn't inject a whole Atarax pill (hydroxyzine hcl) - and I wouldn't inject it at all without using a micron filter. There's tons of shitty inactives in it.

I wouldn't use more than 2mg or 5mg at a time. Any more will cause a slight burning sensation.

thanks for the advice where can i acguire a micron filter and i really dont mind a slight burning sensation ive ben takeing the pills oraly and i feel litile to no affect

I had another question, tomarrow i get a 60mg take home, and I am going to take the 60mg in the morning, and I am trying to get loaded, although do not want to die .... How much of my other dose should I take if I want to get some what loaded, 60 +(how much of 60mg)

Thanks!

This is MY experience.

I say that because I am always apprehensive about giving people advice on methadone...you really have to know your own body/start small because there is no turning back if you "over" dose yourself.

As far as getting loaded/high, it is pretty hard with methadone after your honeymoon period. At my clinic it was pretty common to hear about people doubling their dose (sometimes tripling which I do not recommend).

I have gone as far as tripling my dose, but it didn't make me feel any higher than doubling it, however I did get the increase in shallow breathing which you really do NOT want.

I used to double my dose pretty often, I would skip my dose Saturday and use H, then double my dose Sunday morning. While it did "lift" me up a bit, I honestly never felt good like I had taken heroin or even oxy. I mean I would be a little more talkative, but I never really got that heroin high. Rather than nodding out I would be more like in and out of sleep.

I am not saying I don't enjoy it, but IMO it's kind of a waste.

I would start by 1.5x your dose at the most, wait 2 hours, then add more. It's easy to over do it with done, and you don't wanna be throwing up for 24 hours straight (or worse, dead). Do not go past 2x your dose. And if you are NEW to methadone, I wouldn't even fuck with it.

You could take your morning dose, then 12 hours later take half your usual dose or another full dose..by then it has worn off a little more and might be a little safer then straight doubling it all at once.

Do NOT do this if you are taking any other cns depressants even a few beers.

Done is really deceiving. You have to remember, it builds up in your body every day. I.E. if you took a dose at 8pm, and you double dose the next morning at 10am you are almost triple dosing even though it might feel like the done has wore off from the night before.

It really isn't worth the risk or high IMO to double dose. I'd rather have an extra emergency dose of done or a 2nd dose I could take at night then just aim for a little high.