• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

NEEDLE exchange / SYRINGE discussion thread

And the sun shines on a new phase in New Jersey HIV safety.:)

They have those in Chicago also, the Needle Exchange programs, several of them all over the place. They also have complete medical care for HIV+ peeps and free STI testing for anyone interested.

In Illinois you can buy needles w/o a prescription at any pharmacy.

Since we're on the topic, I thought I'd share that.

what are the little white things in the zip lock bag ??

those are small cottons, perfect for filtering. by no means micron filters, but they are basically the perfect cotton for filtering- small, tightly bound, and sterile.

Dude, it just occurred to me... do you typically use the end of the plunger to stir your gear? Just concerned about bacteria on the ends after putting them on the carpet.

^^just make sure to wipe it clean with an alcohol swab and you're set.

^^just make sure to wipe it clean with an alcohol swab and you're set.

I just zoomed in and noticed the plungers are capped. I guess its my lack of access to the exchanges which caused the concern! I have had to re-use, re-use, re-use so when I see an unpackaged spike I automatically assume its been used before.

I don't have to worry nowadays!

Nice, looks like exactly what I get here at the needle exchanges in Cali. Curious though how you got 100 needles like that your first time without turning anything in. Over here in California, atleast in the Los Angeles needle exchanges, if you show up with no used needles, they will only give you I think 5 free clean ones. Say you walked in with 20 used rigs, they would give you back 40 new ones. Double what you brought in. Thing is, you can't just walk in with nothing and expect to walk away with 100 like you did frosty. Shit, I would love to be able to walk into the exchanges over here with nothing and walk out with all the shit you walked out with lol.

Philly is pretty cool about it. They will give you 10 on the first time and ask if thats enough until you can get back there. Never met nicer people!

The back of the card for registered participants reads:

"PPP's program was authorized by Mayor Ed Rendell in July 1992. It is a Philadelphia Dept. of Public Health sponsored harm reduction program. I am participating in PPP's Sterile Exchange Program. I am authorized to be in possession of syringes in the City of Philadelphia."

Keep in mind that you can get the spikes in Philadelphia County but if you are caught with them in any other county you will run into issues with LE.

Not micron filters but cotton balls with a pre made hole to the center for the spike!!

I have had to re-use, re-use, re-use so when I see an unpackaged spike I automatically assume its been used before.
Eeep!! Seriously go to a state close where you can buy needles OTC. I fucked my arm up harrdd from reusing a really giant needle my friends and i dubbed "the roid toy" cause it was just freaking huge. Needle thickness had to near 1/16th an inch and 4inches long(not counting cartage) which is beast. The needle on it like half cut a tendon & went pearl harbor scar tissue wise on the crook of my arm when i was a freshman. Anyway the thought of not reusing needles ever again made me grin uncontrollably.

All spikes in pictures were clean fresh outta the package but i use to see single air sealed as opposed to sacks of 10.

^^wtf is your problem with that guy man? no he didn't know anything about the OP's topic exactly but he gave his input on needle exchanges in general. no problem with that. also, you might want to read the rules for BL again because FLAMING and TRIPLE POSTING are both things that are not allowed here on BL.

ouch. heh. what part of dallas, chrisbox?
i stays in denton/tyler, no needle exchange that i know about. just gotta know tha right pharmacies to hit up. id throw some streets at ya, but im not sure if that is allowed?

i always assumed that you could buy needles at any pharmacy up here in IL i never got questioned about buying them usually could get ten for a 2 dollars(mods-not discussing prices i would figure if you can buy them at pharmacy it is not illegal therefore i would figure i can give out prices on this) i guess maybe it differs from state to state but, i think it helped when i went in to buy them i made sure i was clean and not extremely high, i think if you went into any pharmacy all dirty and dope sick with track marks on your arms and asked for syringes they would probably look at ya a little weird and tell ya to get out. IMO you can not stop people from IVing drugs but with all the diseases that can be spread through unsafe drug use i think syringes should be made available to everyone, besides that if you can spend the money to buy dope all the time you should be able to buy syringes and use a new one every time you shoot i always did, using a brand new one every time is much more comfortable then a dull old one

Question about needle exchange program - I'm from Philadelphia

How does this work really? I'm going tomorrow morning, I do not have any dirty needles to give to them can I still get clean ones?

Also, it says tomorrow (wednesday) they are at Washington and 13th street in Philly, is it a thing they setup outside you just walk up too and get the works at, or is it inside a building? I don't want to have to worry about asking someone were it is, I'll feel a bit stupid for doing so.

Any help/responses would be appreciated. Thank you.

-dp

For those of you who are closer to Paterson or don't like going into Newark....

WELL OF HOPE DROP-IN CENTER
207 Broadway
Paterson, NJ 07501
(973) 523-0700

Totally anonymous...
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays - 10AM - 2PM
You can go in and get free, clean needles without having to submit dirty needles on your first visit.
The initial visit is rather quick and easy... You go in, they take you into a private office and ask you a couple of simple questions, and then offer you a brown bag full of gear.
Everything about it is really casual, low-pressure and easy. highly recommended.

sweett thank you for this.. I usually just go to the border of ny state which is like 10 min from where I live and you can buy needles without a prescription, but for the number if times I've been arrested for poss syringes I think it would be wise to pick up one of those cards that says im allowed to have them. Thanks