• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

NEEDLE exchange / SYRINGE discussion thread

Needle Xchange

I go to the needle exchange. I get 4-5 ten packs of sets. I get a cooker, tie off, water packs, cottons, alcohol wipes. They have a selection of things you can choose from for IV use. Its all free! Then i walk outside and walk a block down and by heroin. Good deal.

DO you know what hours/days they're open? do i need to make an appt the 1st time? does it take a long time to get registered? im down in that area quite frequently:\ so it'd would be great to be able to hit the harm reduction place and not have to tear my arms up anymore.

Hey xxkmanxx I tried to pm you but had trouble. Ive been using for about ten years,but just recently relapsed.last I used there was no exchange in the state. and have been working with this twisted ass rig for a while now. maybe you can pm me to find out some inside on this. thanks

i always just order them on the internet cause you can get a box of 100 for dirt cheap and then you don't have to deal with annoying pharmacies hassling you or lugging around your dirties to exchange sites. i don't know. I like getting them online cause then i get the exact style and size i want and in such a high quantity that it keeps me from re-using my dirties and getting infections and shit. it's really cheap and much easier.

online sets

i always just order them on the internet cause you can get a box of 100 for dirt cheap and then you don't have to deal with annoying pharmacies hassling you or lugging around your dirties to exchange sites. i don't know. I like getting them online cause then i get the exact style and size i want and in such a high quantity that it keeps me from re-using my dirties and getting infections and shit. it's really cheap and much easier.

i doubt they will ship to NJ cuz you need a script here to get needles. thats why they have the exchange program. at least a big pharmacy probably wouldnt ship them here. maybe some shady type medical supply site or something.

Nwk xchange

what are the hours/days they are open? this info is not posted on the site (that i found) and when i called it went to voicemail. and i didnt want to leave a msg

I would say call and leave a message, but its against their privacy policy to do that. I forget their hours. I used to pop in , usually in the afternoon. Around 1pm

they close pretty early, around 3 pm if i remember correctly.:)

nwk ndle xchng

they close pretty early, around 3 pm if i remember correctly.:)

Went down there this afternoon. Everyone was very nice. Had to wait about 1/2hr cuz it was busy. Totally anonymous. They tried to get me to do HIV/hep test and some other stuff but I didn't have time and they were OK with it. They only had the 27 gauges in the 50 and 100 size and no tourniquets but they're very cool people, non-judgemental. MUch preferred to using dull and old sets or paying someone $5 a set. If you're going for the first time, bring some dirties. THey let me go since it was my first time but they said next time I have to bring all the dirties back. They gave me 40 sets, cookers, cottons, alcohol swabs. I got a card with my client # on it with the NJ law printed on it which grants me permission to carry IV paraphernalia and they claim if you do get pinched for possession of paraphernalia (obviously this won't work if they find you with actual illegal substances) and the cops lock you up and don't acknowledge you're right to carry then they will send the court a letter which they claim will always get you off the hook.

Also, the entrance is around the back in the parking lot on Central Ave. It was a little confusing adding to the anxiety of going to this place for the first time. YOu go in, theres a security guard there, tell him you're there for the exchange and he'll take down the hall to their office.

For those of you who are closer to Paterson or don't like going into Newark....

WELL OF HOPE DROP-IN CENTER
207 Broadway
Paterson, NJ 07501
(973) 523-0700

Totally anonymous...
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays - 10AM - 2PM
You can go in and get free, clean needles without having to submit dirty needles on your first visit.
The initial visit is rather quick and easy... You go in, they take you into a private office and ask you a couple of simple questions, and then offer you a brown bag full of gear.
Everything about it is really casual, low-pressure and easy. highly recommended.

(cross post)
---------------

For those of you who are closer to Paterson or don't like going into Newark....

WELL OF HOPE DROP-IN CENTER
207 Broadway
Paterson, NJ 07501
(973) 523-0700

Totally anonymous...
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays - 10AM - 2PM
You can go in and get free, clean needles without having to submit dirty needles on your first visit.
The initial visit is rather quick and easy... You go in, they take you into a private office and ask you a couple of simple questions, and then offer you a brown bag full of gear.
Everything about it is really casual, low-pressure and easy. highly recommended.

nwk needle

Ok so I was wondering if anybody in jersey could pm me directions too the syringe exchange in Newark or Irvington. I cop in newark so I would def prefer one closest to irvington. Also if anyone in northern jerz had a couple unused ones laying around that they wanted to hook it up with shoot me a pm !! Thanks and <3

Take 280 to 1st ave exit. make a right at the light. it will be on your left at the intersection of central and 1st. make a left on central.

i want to try the one in paterson. does anyone know if they have any different gauges there? they only have the 27s in newark.

they carry multiple gauges... i've received both 27s and 28s there.. and i know they carry others. they usually ask you what your preference is, so you can usually choose from several different sizes and designs.

Take 280 to 1st ave exit. make a right at the light. it will be on your left at the intersection of central and 1st. make a left on central.

i want to try the one in paterson. does anyone know if they have any different gauges there? they only have the 27s in newark.

yea they do , i like that one they got 27 28 and 29, fixed and removable tip, and 1 and half CC barrell sizes. its across the street from white castle in paterson there aint no sign you got to go up and knock on the door its number 207 they noly open between 12 and 2 pm mon wed fri

the exchange is only open between 12 and 2. the center opens at 10 but u cant use the exchange til 12. unless they changed the hours in the past month.

needle

lacey, do they have different gauge sets at the paterson exchange? or is it just one size like the nwk one?

yea they do , i like that one they got 27 28 and 29, fixed and removable tip, and 1 and half CC barrell sizes. its across the street from white castle in paterson there aint no sign you got to go up and knock on the door its number 207 they noly open between 12 and 2 pm mon wed fri

thats where i thought it was. the infamous white castle! cool, thanks. i b down there friday.

Heroin addicts! Trip to the Needle Exchange program (Newark NJ)

Greetings, i said id post this "in a few days" like two weeks ago so i figured since i had a few hours to upload pics Now's as good a time as any since im not catching a knod & drooling on my keyboard. Scroll down and view the pictures you IV users; Its time to get jealous & its for your own good!

Trip to the Needle Exchange- Something every IV drug user should do!

bl4.jpg

bl8.jpg

bl14.jpg

Upon arrival my eye's lit up like a kid in a candy store. "This one here looks like he fell out of a cartoon!" The service man exclaimed after seeing my wide eyed dropped jawed expression. Within minutes i had been issued a free "get out of jail free" card which would enable me to posses Needles Legally in NJ(something that until that morning i had never thought possible). Unfortunately this doesn't give us any legal protection when caught possessing heroin which is a CD(deadly)S as opposed to a Dangerous. I went to the "confidential booth" where a friendly kat asked me a few questioned. Age, what you use, how long you've been using etc. He was a little taken back/surprised with my goofy answers & encouraged me to "use a clean needle each time". A minute later he informed me the kind service people were stuffing one hundred brand new 1cc(by personal request) Needles into a bag with my name on it(figuratively). Turn-a-kets(sp?) Alcohol pads, cooker caps and more were stuffed into a second bag in my honor! Free healthcare, methadone maintenance and suboxone treatment for those who quality.

freetreatmentnj.jpg

This made me very happy, i paused and maybe almost let out a tear. I had never expected such a program to establish itself right in my own back yard. The city's come along way in the last year or two id been gone. It reaffirmed my dwindling belief that their really are still good peoples out their, bitter sweet.

haha dont you guys know we "stand with magic!"
bl17.jpg

bl12.jpg

Note they even give you free condoms(not that i use those:!)

bl10.jpg

bl13.jpg

bl113.jpg

bl6.jpg

yours truly
052.jpg

Cheaahh, yah know i couldn't resist.

All in all i had a really fun time & learned some valuable lessons! I did sleep oh soo soundly that night. Enjoy, be safe, in the interest of harm reduction & prevention as always. LaToR GaToRz!!

what are the little white things in the zip lock bag ??