Features of specific opioids

kfernandez

Greenlighter
Hello,

I’m working with other researchers at Inflexxion, a behavioral health company in Newton, Massachusetts to better understand recreational drug use and get an insight into the complex choices individuals are faced with. We are recruiting individuals to share their experiences and opinions on specific opioids via an anonymous, online survey. We hope to enhance our understanding on what features make certain opioids attractive to use recreationally.

Additional information about the project and a link to the survey can be found by visiting: https://www.inflexxionstudies.com/opioidattpt2_REV1.htm

The survey itself should take about 30 minutes to complete. To maximally preserve anonymity, we would not be able to reimburse participants. We would, however, provide a modest donation to Bluelight and the Harm Reduction Coalition for members’ time.

This study begins on the December 1, 2007 and will run until March 17, 2007. It's open to anyone who has used prescription opioids recreationally.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected].

Hope we can include your expertise in this project,

Kathy Fernandez

Last edited by a moderator:
I took your survey, sure do wish there were some freebies to see "how they affected me" lol, dream on

maybe just me, but i found a bit of the survey hard to interpret and some of the questions seemed very open for interpretation.

thanks for the link though

mhhh yeah... i took the test, but some questions are weird...
They are asking about Fent Lollypops, and ask if there is a safety issue with injecting these. Lol, at least it was good for a laugh ;)

damn all i get is "thank you for your time" ???

it would be nice if it said something like "you're variety packs of prescriptions will arrive in 3-5 business days"

but yeah some of the questions were kind of hard to interpret.

Have you ever used prescription opioids to get high or relax? Share your experiences

Hello,

Inflexxion, a behavioral health company in Newton, Massachusetts, conducts studies to better understand recreational drug use and get an insight into the complex choices individuals are faced with. We are inviting individuals to share their experiences and opinions on specific opioids via an anonymous, online survey.

This is a revised version of a survey that we shared with members last December 2007. Thanks to input from Bluelighters and moderators, we reworded some of the questions for clarity.

Additional information about the project and a link to the new survey can be found by visiting: https://www.inflexxionstudies.com/opioidattpt2_REV1.htm

The survey itself should take about 30 minutes to complete. To maximally preserve anonymity, we would not be able to reimburse participants. We would, however, provide a modest donation of $1000 to the Harm Reduction Coalition and up to $1000 to sites helping with recruitment.

This study began on December 1, 2007 and will run until February 29, 2008. It's open to anyone who has used prescription opioids recreationally.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected].

Thanks for your help and sharing your experiences,
:D Kathy Fernandez

Last edited:
I don't know whether this is too late, but there should really be a "neutral" option for the "how does it feel" and "is this pleasant?" survey questions and an "I've never gone through withdrawal" or "I've never taken opiates that regularly" option for the withdrawal questions.

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback and your suggestions!! Crafting the wording and answers options for all the questions was a challenging task for the team. We appreciate everyone's input in the development and revision process.

As for providing an appropriate answer option, we hoped "I am unsure/don't know" would be a good answer option for individuals who have not tried a particular method or experienced withdrawl. Looks like we need to revisit this on future iterations.

Thanks again for your thoughtful comments.
Best ,
Kathy

It's probably too late, they'd have to start the study over. But you're right, that's really really going to screw with the data.

Yeah, I definitely agree now, having taken the survey. Also, there should be an option for the opiate recreation potential section for "I've never heard of this." I should have to utilize wikipedia for a survey.

Thanks for the feedback!! I'll note your comments for the next survey. Survey development is not a precise science and it's great to get your input regarding answer options. This helps us to develop better surveys for the future.
Best,
Kathy

Dear Bluelighters,

Thank you for your time and sharing your experiences with us. We're happy to report that we have reached our goal and will be closing the survey. We also want to extend a big thanks to individuals who shared thoughtful comments regarding survey questions and answer options. It helped us develop a better survey and ideas to keep in mind for the future.

Thank you again for your input. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Kathy
[email protected]

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks to all participants and moderators who shared their experiences and comments on the survey questions and structure. The revised survey turned out well. We have also reached our recruitment goal and will close the study. Thank you again for your time. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Kathy
[email protected]

We are delighted to have had the opportunity to work with you. Please let us know if we can ever be of help to you or Inflexxion in the future.

Regards,

SG

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad to hear that Bluelight could help.

To anyone that participated, thankyou. To anyone that provided constructive criticism, then thank you for helping in a positive manner.

It is appreciated.