• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

getting high from motion sickness pills???

think you're talking about DXM, different drug.

No, some actually contain diphenhydramine, i've never tried dxm:

Benylin chesty coughs original (Diphenhydramine, levomenthol)
Cough nurse night time liquid (Pholcodine, diphenhydramine)

but i still dont understand i can take a little and just have a worm blurry line cuz i love the fuzzyness of items

^^ Low doses are not really recreational. The "fun" is caused by acetylcholine destruction. This means that the amount you're taking for a recreational dose is not far from the amount that will kill you. Anti-cholinergic poisoning is a serious medical condition. This is how tropanes, like the poison contained in Deadly Nightshade (atropa belladonna), kill you. You may as well be eat nightshade berries to get high. People DO use dimenhydrinate and DPH to get fucked up, and if they all suffered a horrible painful death, dramamine and benadryl wouldn't be on the shelves anymore. It's not instant death or anything, but it's just too dangerous to fuck with.

If you want to take something OTC that will fuck you up, DXM is the safest way to go. You either want a preparation that contains ONLY DXM like Dexalone, or Zicam spray, or you'll want to extract the DXM. The other ingredients in cough syrup can cause serious health problems and even death (Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine Maleate) or they can make you violently ill (Guaifenisin). If you can only find syrups that include these additional active ingredients, there are threads all over the place here (use the search function, and try looking for "dxm extraction" or "agent lemon") and on dextroverse.org.

If you decide you want to try DXM please do some reading at dextroverse and erowid so that you'll know what you're doing. If you have any questions just ask here, and there are plenty of people that can help you.

You'll feel like total shit the entire time. It's not a high, it's what I imagine being completely psychotic would feel like along with a really uncomfortable drowsiness and an irregular heartbeat.

Taking one benadryl is great for opiate or DXM itch, though.

I took a whole lot of benedryl (think that's the same thing as what you're talking about) and it was not fun. I was dizzy (which wasn't too unpleasant) but I also had this horrible sick feeling like I was going to die. I would not recommend it.

I could tell you some fucked up stories about my friends taking Gravol to get high. Stay away. Trust me.

I tried that years ago, and it was a really messed up experience. I literally swallowed a handful of Dramamine and proceeded to have all kinds of hallucinations, but not until I'd found myself really creeped out for no particular reason. I tried to relax, but then I had the most intense urge to piss. I got up, sat on the toilet and peed for what seemed like ever until the concurrent projectile vomiting started. It was so violent that I could not catch my breath, and with my pants around my ankles and still peeing the hottest piss (temp-wise) I've ever pissed, I pitched forward onto the hallway floor of this little RV I'd been staying in. There I lay, in a an ever-widening pool of pee, choking on my own puke, thinking about how I'd be found dead in this embarrassing position days later. Next thing I know, I'm laying in complete darkness (whereas before the TV monitor and a couple other lights had been on when I'd first got up to pee) and my pants are off but I'm wrapped in a warm blanket on the bed in the bedroom. I don't feel right, so I turn on the light and look in the mirror and my eyes were completely bugged out of my eye sockets. Just like someone with a bad case of Graves disease. I looked so freaky I scared myself! (Much later I learned that was caused by intercranial swelling.) I avoided answering the door until about 2 or 3 days passed and one very insistent friend of mine banged on the doors and windows to make sure I was okay. I was shook for days, shit maybe even weeks, after.

This all started because I was bored and in search of a new high. I'd heard you could trip on it, which is why I tried it, but I'm pretty confident I nearly died )or maybe I actually did die) & I'll never know how I got from the floor in the hallway into the bed...Yeah: I highly recommend this medicine only be taken as per the directions on the bottle if at all. It was a horrible experience.

Use the search tool for a search on deleriants - there are many posts sharing people's experience with these types of "drugs" on here. Many of the trip reports on here for deleriants sound downright terrifying!

yea you can but its the bad kind of high i hear.

the kind of high that makes you feel like your dying from the inside out, and your so disassociated and delusional from them you cant even enjoy em.

its like getting high off of benadryl.
I once was kicking going cross country on a bus i had the bright idea to steal a bottle of nyquil and i downed it in the store bathroom all i can say was it was real trippy when i woke up occasionally and I remember feeling awful afterwards for a few hours on top of being dopesick , I remembered to put this one in the “ I’ll never try that again “ pile.

Last edited:
If you enjoy extreme dryness (every part of your body), feeling scared, heart palpitations, acting out hallucinations (and hurting yourself), wondering if you're going to die and the complete inability to urinate then yes, they are an awesome high.

I once was kicking going cross country on a bus i had the bright idea to steal a bottle of nyquil and i downed it in the store bathroom all i can say was it was real trippy when i woke up occasionally and I remember feeling awful afterwards for a few hours on top of being dopesick , I remembered to put this one in the “ I’ll never try that again “ pile.
Took too much Diphenhydramine once will never make that mistake again...

deliriants like DPH, doxy, dramamine (OTC deliriants) are ALWAYS a nightmare

Personally I took 700mg+ doses of DPH twice as a teenager and both were absolutely horrifying experiences, literally having bugs I can actually see crawling all over me while I have a conversation with my mother for two hours only to realize she is about 1000 miles away at the time.

Hallucinations indistinguishable from reality are FUCKING TERRIFYING.

You cannot tell if you are actually dreaming or awake (which kinda sounds cool but ITS NOT)

Not to mention all the horrible side effects while this normal trip progresses which are also awful and potentially dangerous.

Other travel sickness tablets are available such as Kwells and Joy Rides that contain another deliriant - hyoscine hydrobromide (scopolamine). Not a good idea to take too many, but I can confirm that four or five in combination with weed gives a nicely sedated buzz.

Other travel sickness tablets are available such as Kwells and Joy Rides that contain another deliriant - hyoscine hydrobromide (scopolamine). Not a good idea to take too many, but I can confirm that four or five in combination with weed gives a nicely sedated buzz.
That's OTC over there??? wow