• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

getting high from motion sickness pills???

ZeroHour

Bluelighter
i heard that u can hallousinate from motion sickness pills if u take between 12 and 20..... has anyone tried this???? if so how many did u take

yea you can but its the bad kind of high i hear.

the kind of high that makes you feel like your dying from the inside out, and your so disassociated and delusional from them you cant even enjoy em.

its like getting high off of benadryl.

I know the type of pills you are talking about, they contain either dimenhydrimate or dyphenhydrimate, and believe me they are SHIT. You do not want to try them.

If you take four you will probably just get drowsy. In higher doses, yes, you may hallucinate but the state of delirium will cause you to believe what you are seeing is actually real. And as said above, the 'high' is crap and basically non-existant. You'll just be really confused.

If you are going to take these, and I hope you don't, I would advise you to get a trip sitter just to make sure you don't do anything else stupid.

I believe your speaking of Dramamine, yes you can take them and they will cause you to hallucinate but the class of drugs that they are in is known as "deliriants" e.g they make you delirious as Mr. Blonde said e.g you will go fucking nuts and that experience has very little recreational value so unless that's your kinda thing save yourself a lot of terror and confusion by not downing them in the first place

I took the regular dose and felt strange, didn't much like it. I wan't the only one either.

For christ's sake, take dxm instead. You can kill yourself on high doses of dramamine. Too lazy to search for a citation but its not worth it for a shitty, dangerous high.

dude dont do it 4 the luv of God.
i did that shit when i was 16 & ended up in the middle of the road talking to rocks with my pants around my ankles & the people i was with ditched me instead of helping me because they didnt want 2 get busted.
I know most drugs can have negative effects , but does that sound like something you want to try. I dont think so.....:eek: Someone finally called the cops & I ended tripping balls for 3 days straight in a hospital ( & its not the kinda trip where you know reality from fantasy) & being committed to a nut house for 2 weeks because they thought i was insane / trying 2 kill myself.

Last edited:
I take dramamine when I go on airplane trips, 1 pill before the first leg of the trip and 1 pill before the second. They do a great job suppressing motion sickness for me. As far as recreational use goes, I couldn't imagine how that would even go. 2 can put me to sleep sometimes, any more would probably get me ktfo.

drank a bottle of cough syrup in school when i was younger, wasn't a full deleriant dose but close, effect was mostly like being kinda drunk. wasn't really good, im with everyone else that said dont do it. tried it other times as pills (i guess about 15, from the effects) and got some minor hallucinations, mainly a sort of static appearing to cover everything.

I did this when I was a youth in a foster home. It was NOT COOL. My leg turned into a newspaper and my closet was whispering my name all night. Everything I looked at had electricity or plasma or something radiating and I could not talk. Everything I said was jibberish and i scared the hell out of my foster parent. Total delerium, I cant believe I remembered what I just posted here.

To summarize: FEELS LIKE SHIT

dorothyperkins said:
drank a bottle of cough syrup in school when i was younger, wasn't a full deleriant dose but close, effect was mostly like being kinda drunk. wasn't really good, im with everyone else that said dont do it. tried it other times as pills (i guess about 15, from the effects) and got some minor hallucinations, mainly a sort of static appearing to cover everything.

I think you're talking about DXM, different drug. This guy is talking about diphenhydrimate, an anti-cholinergenic that is found in motion sickness tablets to supress nausea.

Mr Blonde said:
I think you're talking about DXM, different drug. This guy is talking about diphenhydrimate, an anti-cholinergenic that is found in motion sickness tablets to supress nausea.

QFT.

The active ingredient in cough syrup is DXM, which is a dissociative. This is a class of drugs including ketamine and PCP where the "high" at low doses can be sort of an intoxication, like alcohol, and at higher doses can consist of potent hallucinations, a feeling of disconnection from your body or forgetting who you are ("dissociation"), and eventually unconsciousness.

The active ingredient in dramamine is dimenhydrinate which is an anti-cholinergic deliriant, like datura stramonium, aka Jimson Weed. The "high" from anti-cholinergics is basically your body being poisoned. Anti-cholinergic drugs will kill you in sufficient doses (which usually aren't far from the recreational dose). The best description of delirium is like "dreaming awake" and it mimics some of the feeling of fever visions. You will not be able to differentiate what is real from what is fantasy, etc. etc. Most people do not find deliriants to be something they're in a hurry to do again!