• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

best and most effective way to take adderall

There is ample evidence that snorting pills is really, really bad for the nose, palate, lungs, etc. Most of the research has been done regarding oxys and other opiates but for the most part it should apply as the binders used in pills are not dissimilar.

i dont know WHY on earth people snort adderall. its not nearly as strong as oral usage. BTW the best way to take any XR type of stimulant is to seperate the capsule and then grind the beads in your teeth and swallow. that is the only trick i know of that really works;

yes its overly sweet due to way too much sugar in the pill. drips from suboxone are also overly sweet. and clonopin is also slightly sweet in the nose.....
to the op: oral is the best way to take amphetamines in my mind. even meth....well unless you have a needle. but eating amps will ROCK your fuggin socks off. snorting adderalls doesnt even give a rush

motiv311 said:
i dont know WHY on earth people snort adderall. its not nearly as strong as oral usage. BTW the best way to take any XR type of stimulant is to seperate the capsule and then grind the beads in your teeth and swallow. that is the only trick i know of that really works;
How about a mortar and pestle? How about crushing them between two spoons? How about dumping them onto a plate and smashing a spoon on them? C'mon, be more creative. Also, anybody snorting the fucking XR beads whole should not be doing drugs. They're coated in wax, half of which won't be digested for 3-4 hours. If they can't digest in your stomach for 3-4 hours, how the hell is your nose going to do this?

Anyway, I crush via the above method and rail them. I don't get any euphoric rush when I eat it. I tried eating a bunch of them, and it felt like a caffeine overdose (nausea, dizziness). You'd think that snorting a bunch of wax would be more damaging than doing coke, but there's worse things than wax in most coke. After an Adderall binge, my nose is usually fine. After a binge on shitty coke, my nose feels like it's going to fall off, and I blow out huge bloody chunks of what I presume is snot/cuts.

Last edited:
no you don't understnad ^^^ from my experience adderall isn't nearly as effective when snorted. . Swallow the same amount you snort, and you WILL feel higher...

So marquee says 75% intranasal 25% oral - wiki.
Motiv311 says its much stronger oral. This is my own
interpretation of what they said, too lazy to quote. Who is right? -Spaz-

wiki is wrong, oral bioavailability is significantly higher than intranasal for pure amphetamine. That discrepency goes up even more when you consider that binders stop nasal absorbtion but do not affect oral. also oral has less tendancy to redose.

Adderall is not going to last 2 hours no matter how you take it.

IME, snorting is loads better than oral use; however, if you do go with the oral route, then you should potentiate it with a little sodium bicarbonate (baking soda).

crush them, mix into a small amount of luke warm water. stir for a minute and drink it!

or filter it through a motorcycle fuel filter, freebase it, then smoke it, lol. we tried this a few times for fun. i still prefer drinking it though.

to much time with free adderall while on adderall, lol.

I've personally never plugged Adderall, but I have plugged ecstasy (with intense results). Like many others said, snorting does give you a rush but has a shorter duration than eating it.
However, if you eat it, you might want to consider what's in your stomach.

Gastrointestinal alkalinizing agents (sodium bicarbonate, etc.) increase absorption of amphetamines. Co-administration of ADDERALL® and gastrointestinal alkalizing agents, such as antacids, should be avoided.
Urinary alkalinizing agents (acetazolamide, some thiazides) increase the concentration of the non-ionized species of the amphetamine molecule, thereby decreasing urinary excretion. Both groups of agents increase blood levels and therefore potentiate the actions of amphetamines.

Urinary acidifying agent
-(ammonium chloride, sodium acid phosphate, etc.) increase the concentration of the ionized species of the amphetamine molecule, thereby increasing urinary excretion. Both groups of agents lower blood levels and efficacy of amphetamines.

Eat a couple of tums 30 minutes before you pop it.
That's what I do. It really works. For me anyway.

Bob Loblaw said:
IME, snorting is loads better than oral use; however, if you do go with the oral route, then you should potentiate it with a little sodium bicarbonate (baking soda).

Haha sorry i didn't see your post.

jayzhova said:
I have to say that snorting is, but they hurt like hell. But I have to agree that the drip is sweet.

i remember the first time i snorted this in high school i thought the dude gave me sugar pills. a few minutes later i knew they weren't sugar pills.

Absorption of Adderal through the GI tract is rapid Peak effect is between 1-5hr

Duration is 10hr.

Half life: 10-30hr.

Best bet is to Just swallow them whole!!!!

all you ppl who say that snorting adderall gives you a better buzz or quicker high, you're just fooling yourselves! and especially the people who say they can smoke it, YOU CANNOT SMOKE ADDERALL. ITS NOT POSSIBLE - - we don't care of your amazing internet drug chemist skillz either :p

adderall is meant to be swallowed, plain and simple. I've been prescribed every form of adderall and everything else since I was 11, and im 22 now. I've tried every different way of taking adderall for years. And i've never snorted since like 5 years ago, because it doesn't hardly work when you do it. Its impossible to extract pure amphetamine from adderall and freebase it. . thats just the way it is.

^ You could just pour some powdered adderall into a test tube and smoke that, or you could find out whats in the adderall you have and chemically separate the amphetamines from the fillers/binders and convert that into freebase form. But it would be very unhealthy and wasteful I bet.

crush them fine and toot them, if u dont like to sniff crush and drop them in warm water for 5 minutes and drink