• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Melb] 3rd annual Wine & Cheese Appreciation Picnic [aka Goon'n'Coon] SAT 5th Jan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katmeow

Bluelight Crew
[Melb] 3rd annual Wine & Cheese Appreciation Picnic [aka Goon'n'Coon] SAT 5th Jan!

miss_g2s makes a very good point in the food thread... it's that time of year again. Is anyone still interested in an afternoon of wine and cheese appreciation in the botanical gardens?

I know it's normally been on the 3rd Jan, but how would people feel about shifting it to Saturday 5th? I definitely wont be having time off after new years. I'm not sure if there are any interstaters who plan to be around at that time?!?

Thoughts?

:D

I'll be in on that, either day is good for me & I like cheese :D

Not sure yet what i am doing for new year's eve/day, but if i am not too hung over or out of it i'll come along. Sounds fun!

I might come seeing as Kat & Samadhi broke me in already. I don't like goon or coon though. How about I bring something that tastes good, instead? ;)

drugfukkdrockstar said:
Not sure yet what i am doing for new year's eve/day, but if i am not too hung over or out of it i'll come along. Sounds fun!

Hung over and out of it still, even when its gonna be on the 5th?

Dayummmm son, invite me to your NYE celebrations, sounds like you do it in style!

:D

Oh I thought it was on the 3rd for some reason. I browsed through the thread lol. Surely i'll be right by the 5th! (Hopefully i won't have to work though :\)

But then again, if i go doofing for a few days then yeah - i'll most likely still be out of it :\

What's this goon and coon bullshit? Cheese and wine appreciation picnic.

And yes sub-humans I shall be in attendance.

Sounds good... even better if doppelganger and dfrs attend.

I'll bring the kiddy pool full of jelly.

Hell yeh I will definitely come this time! I promise!

A perfect excuse to get you all hooked on my Dad's awesome Pinot Noir. Mwahahaha.

Are we talking all types of wine? I may swing past for a red or two, its my new alcohol obsession.

Only the fruity ones, i think they are shiraz. Hate the harsh dry red's.

^IT if you slightly chill reds, the fruity flavours are intensified. IMO, most reds need to be chilled very slightly in Australia, I can't drink wine served at temps in the high 20s. Warm reds tend to be more herbacious.

:)

You could be dead on there. My dad is a wine maker and everytime i drink his or stuff he has bought, its always room temp and I'm not a fan.

Isn't red wine meant to be consumed at around 18C? Which is more on the side of cool than warm - which as samadhi says, is how reds are generally served here. It really brings out the alcohol too. Bleh.

I once was given a bottle of shiraz that was a full 16%!!!! My GOD it was strong. Not too bad but it was like a punch in the face!

I've no idea about what temps it should be served. But on a hot day, having it at room temp isn't too pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.