Bluelight

Thread: Do you heat or dont heat your dope before shooting?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Do you heat or dont heat your dope before shooting? 
    I was at a drug get together/party last night and everyone doing dope went off to the back bedroom to shoot up.... 20 people all together, 15 IVing and 5 IMing for various reasons....
    Anyway, i noticed only 2 out of the 20 actually heated their spoon...the rest just drew up and shot. The percentages surprised me....
    Do you heat or dont heat before shooting?

2. Collapse Details

i thought you had to.... for dope that is, def. not for coke.

in movies people heat it up (trainspotting, requiem for a dream, etc)

3. Collapse Details

i always did cold shots during my active iv heroin addiction. i was getting brown detroit powder. never had a problem... luckily...

4. Collapse Details

interesting, do you think heating would have let more harmful things get dissolved and into your veins?

5. Collapse Details

Heating is only needed for Tar and/or #2.Heating does not allow anything harmful to enter you, although it does not prevent either. Just filtering is going to prevent alot of contaminants.

6. Collapse Details

Bacteria and other diseases die at a certain temperature so heating up your smack before you shoot is definitely beneficial to your well-being.

It's always better to be safe than sorry on some matters.

7. Collapse Details

I usually don't heat my dope (east coast powder) unless I'm having trouble getting it to dissolve, in which case I only add a little heat, say 5 seconds.

8. Collapse Details

We got mostly #2 in Finland. It needs citric/ascorbic acid with heating to get into solution.

Sometimes #4 is available (most people seem to prefer #2, don't know why) and there's no need or a reason to heat it.

But i'm no expert with opioids. I shoot heroin but very, very rarely. I've been a meth/amphetamine addict for 13 years and that's more of my thing.

9. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    no heat cause of the solubility for the win (#4)

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by enoughorangejuice?
    i thought you had to.... for dope that is, def. not for coke.

in movies people heat it up (trainspotting, requiem for a dream, etc)
    Requiem for a dream is SOOOOO UNREALISTIC, They shoot DOPE AND THERE PUPILS GET BIGGER????? Whats up with that?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MethaContin
    Requiem for a dream is SOOOOO UNREALISTIC, They shoot DOPE AND THERE PUPILS GET BIGGER????? Whats up with that?
    I'M SO WITH YOU ON THIS ONE. That fucking spoils the movie.

In Trainspotting evrything happens in Scotland where there is mostly #2 available.

12. Collapse Details

Don't heat....

13. Collapse Details

yea #4 FTW

i never heat my shots, the stuff i get usually just dissolves as soon as it touches the water. nice and clean.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MethaContin
    I read this in the Requiem for a Dream thread:

On the DVD bonus features of Requiem there is a portion where the story boards for the pupil shot are shown. It clearly says underneath the frame "pupils constrict". It was changed to expanding pupils by a poorly informed producer who thought that constricting pupils would confuse the general movie going public who associate drug use with large pupils.
    It's one tiny error, I don't see how it ruins the whole movie...There are some other obvious mistakes and unrealistic scenes, but it's clear that the film was made by someone who doesn't use drugs.

15. Collapse Details

Arrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinders Kiefers
    It's one tiny error, I don't see how it ruins the whole movie....
    It's just that it keeps annoying more and more everytime they show it. At the end I couldn't enjoy the flick 'cause I kept thinking how wrong it was.

16. Collapse Details

Heat tar for about 5-7 seconds, until the edges of the chunk start to 'bleed' or 'get blurry' in the water. You can do it without heat it just takes like 1-2 minutes of steady stirrin.

17. Collapse Details

Don't have to heat the brown around here, dissolves instantly in water. I highly doubt that heating for 5 seconds or whatever actually does anything to kill bacteria and such.

18. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Does heating actually dissolve powder better?

19. Collapse Details

^it depends on the type of dope you have...if its high quality east coast #4 dope then heat shouldnt be needed...(unless it was cut with some type of insoluble substance APAP or something..)

when i would mix a shot it would be ready to go as soon as i squirted the water on it. mix it really quick, filter and its ready to go. i would only heat if it was really dark cause sometimes it will make it lighter in color...makes it easier to see when registering.

20. Collapse Details

I've been shooting tar for 8 months or so now and I've only recently begun to heat my shots.

When my doses were smaller the tar would dissolve pretty easily on it's own. Now that they're a little bigger, heating it helps it break down faster. It's not "required" though.

Heating is only good for dissolution anyway...it won't do anything to make your shot "safer" as heating it to the point of killing bacteria will also burn up most if not all of your dope. Filtering is where it counts as far as that goes, not heat.

21. Collapse Details

I used to heat, but I dont anymore. I have powder from Detroit, it dissolves like snow in water.

22. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Mine dissolves quite well, but not 100$ completely, I can still see some little flakes in the water. These get caught up in the filter, I'm assuming.

23. Collapse Details

i didnt read all the replies but it depends on the type of heroin you have. up here in seattle you pretty much have to heat the dope to get it to mix with the water, because its a hard sticky nasty black tar substance. well it depends but some of the stuff is so hard it breaks off in chunks like rocks and it softens up as you heat it. people worry about the dope being less potent if you heat it but i've never had any problem. lol i freeze my dope in the freezer so it chunks off easier without sticking to my fingers too. neither of these actions hurt my precious dope.

24. Collapse Details

For #4 dope you don't need to use heat, so why do it? That's what I get in my area, so I don't use heat.

Cold shots always for me.

25. Collapse Details

^ To kill bacteria. How necessary it is, I dont know, but the trade-off for killing bacteria is burning off dope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast