• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Benzydamine- NSAID, Stimulant, Psychedelic?

maybe I'll write something (I'm describing my 1000mg trip):
-many people using it see form time to time, for a short while bright moving spots for some time (I've seen them for a year with decreasing frequency)
-very popular hallucinations are seeing insects (eg. I saw something like mosquito, but it was as large as my arm, it seemed real ;) )
-I took it about 18:00, I felt asleep 23.00 next day
-after taking it (it was in powder, containing some amount of salt) I had strong stomachache (as I know, it's not common)
-my feet were cold
-when I was lying with eyes closed I imagined thing like I was in classroom with too many windows, and when I opened my eyes I was suprised that I'm there no more
-next day (without sleep) I was doing quite good after I ate chocolate bar at 11.00 (before I couldn't eat), I was able to cycle and mates didn't notice anything

some other info:
-Benalgin (drug based on benzydamine) was banned, because its elimination time is too long, and it harms stomach, liver and kidneys
-benzydamine, like other indazoles is mainly ?absorbed? in oesophagus
-don't mix it with depressants
source https://hyperreal.info/node/3442 (in Polish)
pzdr

benzydamine issue

mindtools said:
(I've seen them for a year with decreasing frequency)

hi,

i have taken benzydamine for about 2 weeks, almost each day..
it has been more than 3 months from then, and I still see the lights moving, and the trailings from my hands, people and objects. sometimes it gets very nasty, and the lights and trailings are very strong..
I am desperate since I am trying to get rid of all these and get back to normal.
This is why, I wanted to know more...did you really have those for a year???!!!
can you tell me more please?

"...you GAYS should try once" LOL. who/what's Ben Floggin' anyway...:)

Sounds like a def anticholinergen, maybe it fx 5ht but i would doubt it. Not every anticholinergen is the same. Some u may have a hard time telling the difference btween hallucination/reality, sum u get good "visuals from". There all different. So maybe there are fun anticholinergens altho I'm certainly in no rush to try this one, not thrilled bout it's toxicity either

etco, yes, I still (after 2 years or sth like that) see the moving white spots (but really occasionally, once a month let's say).
In my case, I don't see any other long term effects.
Probably you should live a healthy lifestyle now :)
If you have any other questions feel free to ask
pzdr

omg

mindtools, thanks a lot for your reply!

I can't believe it, 2 years and you still see those...damn...
Can i ask you how many times did you take it?
Even now, when I'm writing, the visuals are very intense like I've just taken about 500-750mg 8o . I get visuals with this intensity at about 3-4 days or so...and it's been almost 4 months...
I wonder if there is anything that could get this out of my system..:!

anyhow..thanks a lot...u're the only guy i found that has the same issue:)

cheers

sry for delay, but I tried it 3 times, once about 400-500mg, once nearly 1000mg and once about 500mg, in so-called BXM (benzydamine + DXM)
pzdr :)

^yeah, how'd that work out4ya. I find most deliriants to have unpleasant body symptoms(they feel yucky) and it's a weird trip. how does benzydamine feel in this respect? Is it really owrth trying

wungchow said:
looks to me like an anticholinergic with central stimulant properties (inhibiting DA and norepinephrine reuptake).

doesn't sound too safe to me, i might try it once but wouldn't take it repeatedly

Deleriant does not mean psychedelic, it means (generally) an anticholinergic hallucinogen like atropine or scopolamine (more like atropine I'd say due to the mention of CNS stimulating properties.

Yet another I'd classify as "wouldn't touch with a shitty stick" purely because of it having features in common with anticholinergis

^
yes from reading the reports i think its visual component has a lot in common with ambien/stillnox , that's a weird anti-cholinergic too right?

No. Or at least, that's unknown. No one has ever really looked into what causes it. I'm still betting a serotonergic pathway.

well, I'm not a big fan of deliriants. Now how precise is yer definition of psychedelic cuz I have gotten some wierd but quite interesting visuals off them. The visuals remind me off some sort of weirdo abstract artist's creation. but they're strong, not just some day-dream vivid imagination thing cause I could never even think up some of the shit I've seen. both OEV/CEV

Is there any reason why its effects couldn't be mediated by both anticholinergic and serotonergic activity? When looking at the structure I was wondering if the double bonded nitrogen + ether might act as a pseudoester. Viewed in this light the proximity of the pseudoester to the tertiary amine seems to resemble a common motif in Ca2+ channel blockers like lidocaine, cocaine, etc. Could the local anesthetic actions be due to a similar mechanism?
Also, could someone pamper my ignorance and describe esophageal absorption in reference to an orally administered drug?

well then, I could take that statement and apply it to a number of 5HT hallucinogenic PEAs and tryptamines such as 2ct7 and AMT as for me, they have no mental FX, just visual and phys

I'm new here but i wanted to share my experience with this benzydamine thingy.
I took it in form of tantum rosa (douche) with a friend and a sitter ofcourse.We each took 500mg(+9g of salt).My friend mixed it with water but me,knowing my stomach is kinda softcore i put it in 2 bombs(i believe that's the name) of toilet paper(yuck..didn't had napkins) and downed them with lots of water.I was pretty tired and i fell asleep.I woke up after 1h like someone forced me to get up.I started to hallucinate. I saw things like little thunderbolts when i looked left and right and lots of bugs flying around.I felt them crawling on me but I didn't saw 'em on me.Since then i started to get very paranoid (i am a little paranoid when i'm sober) because i am kinda arachnophobic. I started to hear heavy breathing darth vader style and i freaked out big time.My friend puked the whole shit so he was sober. My sitter was drunk and started to make fun of me and trying to scare me.I felt very angry and wanted to beat him up.As i was walking around in his apartment i saw things that were not there and i even saw death itself.I wanted to get out so i took a walk outside.The worst hallucination i had was a dead man in a car.That thing freaked me out as shit.
Anyhow i still see from time to time the insects but like only one and i don't think it's that affective. This stuff is not for the faint of heart as it's a constant mood changer and i found out that hallucinations were triggered by strong emotions ( euphoria,fear,anger).
Anyhow i didn't write the full experience but it stays more than you want it too.After two days I'm still kinda paranoid (more than usual) and believe to see corner-eye visuals.
Pretty hard shit.

definitely sounds like an anticholinergic hallucination. thanks for sharing.

(zonk) said:
well then, I could take that statement and apply it to a number of 5HT hallucinogenic PEAs and tryptamines such as 2ct7 and AMT as for me, they have no mental FX, just visual and phys

And, perhaps excepting 2-CT-7, which many people do experience mental effects, you won't get any disagreement from me.

Psychedelia, as it has been defined, is not defined by visual effects. This isn't anything new, this is how it's been done since the term's inception.

I believe most would lump AMT under the term entactogen with MDMA and M1. that seems to be the conclusion mostly reached with 5HT releasers, with the 2a agonists being considered true psychedelics (at least those triggering the right pathways).

oh and if someone can tell me the physical effects of chronic use ( long term use)?
salt is healthy even at 9g (recommended dose of NaCl by international means is like 5g so no biggie) but i am afraid of benzydamine and it's effects on my body
thx in advance