• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

TOUR - Future Music Festival 03/08 REVIEWS!!

L2R

Bluelight Crew
fmf08_new_intial_01.jpg

dude. like dude. seriously. ... just dude.

got me presale tickets booked. w00t!

I'll more than likely be going. Just gotta be arsed to spend that money right now.

I'm sold on Digweed, The Chems, Roger Sanchez, Robbie Rivera and D.I.M.

im sold on the chems

they got me into this electro music... and since they were playing at such a shit venue (entertainment centre) for them to do a festival, makes it perfect for me

i will be there, i got a mate who gets a few tickets to sell, i already got mine booked

fuckin w00t

i was actually a little unhappy the chems were only doing one show. every tour i see them twice, now this will be show 7 and 8 for me. :D:D:D

i never been to a FM. how many stages they got?

L2R said:
i never been to a FM. how many stages they got?

I think it was 6 or 7 this year...

It was good, because they had themes for some of them.

There was a stage for breaks. Where JDS started pumping out some dnb with a crazy MC rapping over the top as the sun was setting.

There was a stage for trance. Indoors of course.

The Sweet Chilli stage (which will no doubt be there next year), which was awesome.

I don't give a shit if it rains again next year. Bring it on.

future music is the old two tribes... two tribes had at least 4-5 rooms didnt it

i havent been to a future music day one at randwick...

there is something about it being at the racecourse that disturbs me

but fuck it, i will go and run-a-muck and forget everything that ever happened!

w00t mother fuckin w00t

Tickets purchased mutherfuckers.

DataRock and Chicks on Speed got announced as well. Yawn at them, but fuck yea at the rest of this festival.

Hmm...i wonder if work can grab me tickets for the Melb gig...good line up so far!!

ticketmaster still have tickets for 120 and tossers are already asking for 300 on ebay 8)

Those tossers.

I think it's only just gone on sale officially. When I bought it was pre sale.

how the hell is this still not sold out?

whilst the chemical brothers on their own at the entertainment centre sold out in minutes?

haha, interesting point. The reason is probably quite simple: there were too many festivals this year, and people are just now getting to boiling point.

Parklife and Field Day both sold out in record times this year. There were also two extra big festivals in December (Ministry of Sound Warehouse Party and Daft Punk), which weren't on last year.

Not only that, but Good Vibes sold out a few weeks ago. While last years Good Vibes sold out something like a week before the event.

That said, give it time, it will sell out eventually. ;)

And im pitching that most people who wanted to really see them chem bros bought tickets to their solo gig?

I just cant justify the ticket price :\

Well I don't know if I made it clear. But basically, tickets to the Chemical Brothers concert went on sale last year. As I remember it, before Field Day went on sale, before Good Vibes was announced, before Future Music Fest was announced.

The Chems solo concert basically went on sale in a time when festival season was just kicking off to a massive start. People had money, they were enthusiastic about spending it on festival tickets.

Now, we are well into festival season. Future Music Fest is now on sale at a time when people are starting to feel "partied out" (December alone could have done this), or at least "ticket paying for'ed out".

It seems that this year people assume every event will sell out almost instantly. While last year, as I remember it, most major festivals didn't sell out until within weeks of them actually being.

And yea, I'm sure plenty of Chems Brothers fans bought tickets to the solo gig when they went on sale, and those people probably wouldn't justify paying for FMF tix to see them again.

i guess i'm unusual in that i'm "drop everything for as many chem bros shows as i could possibly squeeze in in one city every time they come" type guy.

their live shows are the best of any genre i've ever seen..... every time

note: bjork, tonight at the sydney festival, came closer to the chemical brothers in her live act quality than anyone else so far

L2R said:
i guess i'm unusual in that i'm "drop everything for as many chem bros shows as i could possibly squeeze in in one city every time they come" type guy.

their live shows are the best of any genre i've ever seen..... every time

note: bjork, tonight at the sydney festival, came closer to the chemical brothers in her live act quality than anyone else so far

Hmm the best youve ever seen? THATS a big call! I have Underworld as my best ive ever seen holder :D So im looking forward to this.

There just doesnt seem to be much hype around in Vic for it :\

*edited title to include all states*