• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

TOUR - Future Music Festival 03/08 REVIEWS!!

So i thought Melbourne FMF was a top day.
Arrived a little past 2pm, and caught some sounds on the Famous stage, very housy hard but not too bad. It was very very HOT so we got some shade under a big tree and sipped on our very overpriced smirnoffs $9.50 for one!!!!

We made our way to the VIP balcony of the bowl to catch the last hour of Digweed, he was playing some good crowd pleasing stuff, but nothing to much that made me get right into it, which was disapointing. I was crossing my fingers that he would play Bedrock stuff, but with no luck :(

Then Sven Vath came on. God i do love that man. Despite the fact he looked like a total bogan knob (last time i saw him at Kryal he had slicked hair over his face and ended up spraying the crowd with fire extinguisher) he has a mullet type cut and a wife beater on...but he started with some awesome tunes, and kept building that massively awesome German tech hes known for. He went hard and picked a lot of non vocal tracks but i was suprised at how he minimal he WASNT. which was good....very very crowd pleasing and his whole set had the crowd yelling and dancing! When he dropped Richie Hawtins plasticman spastik i went ballistic! It was def very very awesome set!

Then it was some knob playing that no one had ever heard fo for 1/2 an hour before the chemical bros who was terrible! He played every hard track he could find, mashed it all together in a half hour set and only played about 2 mins of each track. He was trying way to hard and it showed. They should have just had Vath on for an extra 1/2 hour.

Chems came on about 5 mins late and one of their first tracks was "hey boy, hey girl" to which the crowd went nuts. Everyone was pretty wound up to see the boys by this stage and the bowl and vip areas were more packed than they had been all day! Its like everyone was waiting to see Chems! They played a great set, i danced my butt off the whole time and the best memory i have is when they played DONT HOLD BACK extended for like 8 minutes and they put the spotlights out on the crowd on the grass and everyone was pumping their fists in the air.

My only complaint is that they finished their set at 9.50pm (sposed to finish at 10pm) and they didnt even finish with a bang, it just kind of ended, and everyone expected an encore that never came :( That was disapointing in itself, but i cant really complain because their entire set was so good.

I had a spectacularly awesome time, even though it was hot and sticky, it was a fantastic day out with lots of dancing, good friends and good times <3

kryalkastleE said:
My only complaint is that they finished their set at 9.50pm (sposed to finish at 10pm) and they didnt even finish with a bang, it just kind of ended, and everyone expected an encore that never came :( That was disapointing in itself, but i cant really complain because their entire set was so good.

I felt this too, i really expected an encore, the show just ended as you said. time to DL some live chems so i can relive it =D

lol yeah something like that. lots of guys on roids, aggro, drunk and all hanging out all day at the chemical brothers stage which will probably explain why the atmosphere at that end was shit.

we hung out at the stage next to the silent disco tent. but left only to catch eddie halliway, 2 chemical brothers tracks and chicks on speed - the most bizzare act I've ever seen.

Was good to catch up with superdiscobreaker tho

^yeah i went to that stage to catch te first half of kid koala's set. i wish i had stayed for more of it, but i really was afraid i'd get crowded out of the chems, who were my priority.