• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

TOUR - Future Music Festival 03/08 REVIEWS!!

Perth was awesome, really really dusty/dirty though. I was a little disappointed by the Chems show.. didnt really seem to live up to the rest of the night when it was the headline act, but yeh was a great time anyways!

I saw the Chems last time they were in Oz ad it was mighty danceable and awe inspiring at the same time. I guess you can do whatever you want to it. And yes, visuals were equal to DJ Shadow's (almost!).

Anyone seen Evil Nine live before?

in randwick, is the crowd expected to dance on dirt/grass? do they put stuff on the ground?

^^From what I understand, they do the same as other festivals and put those big plastic tile thingys on the ground. Not that it would matter at Randwick because the turf is about to be ripped to shreds anyway for World Youth Day. But yeah, better if it rains!

cool.
i was worried about my shoes.

i might just wear some beaters then

Probably the best festival experience of the season for myself. Managed to stay with my core group of friends for the whole day. Checked out a lot of Elite Force, Digweed, and the Chems. A bit of Laidback Luke and then just a bit here and there for the others.

Digweed closed with Heaven Scent. :D

The Chems rocked it. Excellent visuals. They had played Star Guitar and Saturate by about halfway through the set, which made me very happy, but also had me a little worried as those are two of my favs and I was wondering how they could top it for the close. They closed with the start of Leave Home which was then mixed into Block Rockin Beats. Fucking saved.

I'm gonna call it now though, I enjoyed Daft Punks set just a little bit more, maybe I was more fucked up... but either way, I thought the Chems went a bit overboard with the build ups for, every track basically.

Great day. :D

I had an awesome day. Didn't get there til 2, saw pretty much everyone we were dead keen to see, and left by 7:30. Still definitely got my moneys worth.

Roger Sanchez lived up to his name, and then some.

Sven Vanth was phenomenal. Absolutely awesome techno.

The VIP area was awesome too. An entire stand, with a couple of bars, and comfy indoor seating.

Crowd was pretty cool. Thankfully, not much fluro. Noone was picking fights, PLENTY of boobies. Great VAA's all day from chicks who didn't care.

A+++ in my books.

well, after starting on friday night at the chemical brothers, it was going to take a lot to blow me away at this event.

got there at about 2ish, i think... jumped around here there and everywhere for a while, accidently caught the potbellez doing dont hold back... while walking over to datarock... who where... FUCKIN AMAZING... they had a great stage presence and sounded tops also...

and then the highlight of the day... them closing with Bill Medley + Jennifer Warnes (I've Had) the time of my life from dirty dancing...

again, just strolled around, walking from the centre of the event to the grandstand side... it was a bit crowded i think, but they still had enough room eventually.

Saw a bit of Sven Vath, and Who Made Who, who were fuckin awesome also...

Then it was time to watch the end of digiweed, see James Holroyd and the chemical brothers again.

They played a very good set, which was close to the same as the set on friday night minus a few songs... one that i can remember missing was the golden path...

i think due to seeing the night before, it was going to be hard to top that... and it didnt, i wasnt all that close to up the front, but it was crowded and just yeah.. meh i guess.

overall, great festival, grest music, great crowd, and good times =D

I wrote this in another forum, went into a bit more detail about the Chems set:

The Chems rocked it. The visuals were mesmerising, I laughed at the robot ones (lots of small cartoon robots running towards the screen, changing into different types of robot and multiplying rapidly.) And there were also some visuals that gave the illusion of movement (it was a representation of a camera filming a flight from the tip of a plane or some sort of flying thing, ie. one instance seemed to be in a valley, with rivers and mountains wizzing past the peripheral of the view shown in the screen, and the other instance was through a system of futuristic looking tunnels.)

They had lots of breakdowns / buildups in the tracks, which sometimes got a tad annoying, I thought they went a little overboard. And I would have liked to have heard Galaxy Bounce, but these are minor complaints.

They opened with Galvanize. Not my favourite track, but it worked.

Absolutely lost my shit to Hey Boy Hey Girl. :D

I went insane when they played Star Guitar and Saturate respectively. The version of Star Guitar they played was very cool, it broke down towards the end into a sort of piano playing the melody.

They closed with the start of Leave Home, which was then mixed into Block Rockin Beats. Brilliant ending. I once again lost my shit to that. When I heard the start of Leave Home I started trying to sing "the brothers gon work it out", even though I had already lost my voice at some point during the set.

twas a mad pleasure meeting chopsy. good bloke. great company. although i did lose him for a few hours there and mobile phone services were totally fucked.

never seen someone so happy after being ...
stuffeyesaw808tv8.jpg

..pissed on!

i'll let him tell it

chopsy, do you recall your little golden shower episode moment before the above pic being taken?

some more festival pics
stuffeyesaw807rp1.jpg

stuffeyesaw811qp1.jpg

good times

but i missed meeting you again rated e :X

L2R said:

Excellent pic. Of all the pics I've seen, this one reminds me of the day for some reason. I guess it catches that vibe, or something. The sun setting, ahh perfect.

L2R said:
but i missed meeting you again rated e :X

Yea we'll have to sort that out.

hey i tried calling you, either you have got a new number since daft punk, OR... i put your number into my phone wrong.

It's the same number. My phone fucks up a lot though. It doesn't tell me who my missed calls are. It just says that there was a missed call. arrg I'm sick of missing phone calls, I think I'll use my old phone again.

=D
twas an awesome show!!
The chemicals were fantastic....
the crowd was all entertaining.....
am a bit puzzled by the dissing of Sven Vaths set by XPress but I figure maybe they don't like good german techno, he was goooood.....
here's some pics....I love munted duperheroes!!
:D
img0464yt7.jpg

super girls
img0471lk4.jpg

sven rocking out
img0475tj2.jpg

don't quite know what superhero he was......8o
img0477nk2.jpg

wonder woman was moving so fast she was blurred!
img0486gv4.jpg

a big =D to whoever these dudes were!
img0521gv6.jpg

supergrrrrl
img0499tf6.jpg

img0500qx6.jpg

gotta love creative glowstick shit!
img0524li0.jpg

and my fave pic...captured for me what it was lke in the crowd watching the show.
:)

Mr. White said:
Digweed didn't really get into it, no crowd involvement, just sat there twiddling his knobs.

Dude, that's how Digweed plays. He's not a showman, he's a DJ. ;)

I thought he absolutely killed it.