• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is poppy pod tea worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purple Skittle

I've been making poppy tea for years, so I'll share my recipe I call 'purple skittle'. I call it that because it tastes just like it sounds, wonderful. It should be made a sticky or something because nobody should have to drink that vile stuff straight. I personally love it, especially the way I make it. Makes me nod but keeps me awake too. <3 You'll be very glad you went through the effort to make this.

I don't have any exact measurements so I'll guesstimate.

Materials:
Poppies!
Lemon Juice
Large Rite-Aid or Walgreens brand grape Childrens Dimetapp
Small cooking pot
A large nylon cloth, or bathing suit (they work great, don't use cotton etc.)
Paper towels
Coffee Filters
Mountain Dew, or Peach Soda
A large Bowl and small bowl.
Water Bottle.

1) Hand crush the poppies, discarding the crowns and stems and saving the seeds in a separate bowl, until you have about 1 cups of ground material. (Adjust to your tolerance, but be careful!!)

2) Put the grounds in a small cooking pot and put just enough water to leave the poppy material just barely above the water level. Add about 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to lower the PH and convert a few alkaloids :)

3)Cover and heat until it's at a slow simmer, not boil! You must keep it covered!!

4) Let cook for 20 minutes.

5) Lay your large nylon cloth, aka bathing suit, over a large bowl. Pour the poppy seeds into the middle and dump the cooked poppies ontop. Pick up the sides of the cloth, lift the cloth up and let the liquid drain. It will be very hot so you might want to wait a few minutes before the most important step.

6) SQUEEZE!! Twist the cloth around the poppy material inside and squeeze with all your might. Get every drop of liquid heaven into that bowl!

7) Further strain the liquid with paper towels and then finally coffee filters. It's really important to use nylon to strain the material at first because it doesn't stain, it is mostly waterproof and won't absorb the juice, it doesn't stretch and let material through, and finally it's easily washable.

8) If you have done this correctly you will have about a half cup or less of liquid, if you have more clean your pot and set on low heat until it is reduced some.

9) Pour out the Childrens grape Dimetapp into a water bottle, and pour the poppy liquid into the same water bottle. Shake well.

10) Fill the measuring cap that came with the Dimetapp up, and pour over ice into a glass. For purple skittle flavor use Mt. Dew to fill the glass, or for the only other great tasting soda for this use peach soda (Generic). Enjoy!

I like to pour the rest of the water bottle back into the Dimetapp bottle and place in the refrigerator, unless you have kids in the house then don't. Keep it refrigerated and it lasts about a week or so, you can also freeze it. It doesn't fully freeze it just gets slushy.

Tips:

Never add alcohol to the syrup or drink, it causes stuff to rise to the top. Like adding Baileys irish cream to coke.

Drink it SLOW, you never know how strong what you just made is.

Don't add the seeds until you strain, the alkaloids are on the outside and adding it to the pot will only soak up more of your liquid.

ONLY use grape childrens dimetapp. They only contain a mild antihistamine, which helps with the itches, and no alcohol. Don't use anything with acetaminophen.

What about people who cant use it only sporadically, who need it for pain relief when their doctors turn their back on them?

Any advice for them?

Could Morphine, MS Contin, be used to stop WDs from pods?

In my experience, yes. I've been addicted to opiates for over ten years. Mostly pills, but the last five years has been mostly pods. Withdrawal from poppy pods was hell for me. Recently I've been cutting back due to a shortage. I got ahold of 10 mg vicodins to use as a substitute and it worked fine. It didn't last as long as pods do, but it did work. I went through 50 vic tens in a week though. I don't know your experience with pods, but I recommend not even wasting your time making tea. Just grind it up, Put the pod powder in some kiwi watermelon koolaid(thats the clear stuff in the green packet), and drink it all down. I like to keep it to a more even ratio. Not too much kool aid . I've found it to be much better tasting, and much more potent than the tea. It doesn't take many pods when you drink all the grounds. I discard the crown, and stem, and always check for mold. You'll get more out of your pods doing it this way. I've heard of people using 15 large pods to make tea. I have a huge tolerance, and all I need is 3 or 4 average quality large to medium pods to get me a nice full buzz. No knods at that dosage but a nice buzz all the same. (I stopped knodding as my tolerance rose years ago.) And certainly good for pain. I've been doing it this way for years now. It's that simple, grind, mix, and drink. Done.

Last edited:
i orded a bunch of small pods. how many should i use? and has anyone here tried grinding them and putting them in capsules? that should work better than tea, right?

I grind them up into powder and mix them with the clear koolaid. Quicker, more efficient, more potent than tea considering the less amount of pods needed for drinking the grounds. I tried making tea when I first started pods, and realized it was a waste of time. A pain in the ass and tasted like shit. Now I just break it up by hand, Throw away the crown, the stem,(always check for mold), grind in a coffee grinder, mix and drink, done. Never did it in capsules, but I don't see why you couldn't. It might take quite a few capsules though. I'm accustomed to large pods(similar to golfball size), or mediums lately. All I need for a nice full buzz is 3 to 4 larges or mediums. The amount of small pods to use depends on your tolerance. You'll definately need to do more than usual if you're used to larger pods. I consider smalls about the size of a nickel, to the size of a quarter. I would probably need around eight just to get a half buzz drinking the grounds. My tolerance is high. You also have to consider the potency of the specific pods you're getting. Trial and error. Use caution. You can die from these, and they are extremely addictive. When I first started taking pods,(already into a six year pill addiction, but I managed to avoid physical dependency to pills due to taking a day or three off now and then.) I only did the pods for one week straight the first week, and was withdrawling the next week when I ran out. Poppy pod withdrawal is very intense. As for your question, Yes. Taking the grounds themselvse is more potent than the tea, and it tastes better than the tea. The downside is the risk of overdose, and the higher alkaloid content making it more addictive. When You're new to pods, it takes a little while to fully kick in, and it lasts a long time. I remember still feeling heavily buzzed the next day. Unable to urinate, and severly constipated. I recommend caution. It's been like four years on pods and I'm ready to get off of them.

Depends on what you mean by 'worth it'. Pods are a legitimate long-acting opiate that can cause the same positive and negative effects as other opiate drugs.

I personally think they'd be good for withdrawals because they're long-acting like methadone, meaning you only have to dose once a day or so. Of course they also can get you high, which means you have to take care not to trade one addiction for another. They're also cheap and easy to obtain, making them a better option for leading a normal life than something you have to beg/borrow/steal to obtain.

(I've been using low-dose pod tea for 2.5 years now and have had no desire to increase the dose. I find pills much more euphoric and more-ish than pods, which I treat like any other antidepressant. Hardcore pod addicts are out there though, make no mistake.)

The longer acting the opiate, the longer the WDs.

Pods, from what I hear, are some of the worst for WDs, next to Methadone. Of course you have more leeway in your dosing before they really start to kick in....if you maintain your habit you wont experience anxiety from WDs so often, but it can be severe and very long lasting.

is it legal to order poppy pods on the internet .i live in state of ohio

All the research I've done on this and I've found it to be a gray area. The pods are sold legally as craft supplies and ornaments. It becomes illegal once you begin the action of trying to use the pods to become intoxicated. Which is done in your house behind closed doors. Many people order them everyday. Ebay used to allow the sale of poppy pods on their sight. The business was booming on there. But after a deadly overdose made headlines and someone contacted ebay about the pods, they banned them from their sight for liability issues, not for legal reasons. Now pods are available from several vendors which you can find on google. Just type in poppy pods for sale. I'd say as long as you keep to yourself about it, and you don't advertise about anything illegal that you may or may not do with your order, you should be fine. You could always make a wreath,lol. Right now this poppy pod thing doesn't get a lot of attention. I'm sure in a few years, it will. Then it'll become illegal. If it becomes a problem in schools, and ABC airs a few specials on 20/20 about the issue, the DEA will push for legal measures. That's just my opinion though. Right now, to put it simply, it's legal. I live in pennsylvania, and have never had any problems.

Actually, they could bust you just for having some growing as an ornamental plant, though they probably wouldnt if they dont suspect drug use, and a judge might throw it out.

If they suspect drug use, claiming its ornamental and asking them to prove otherwise wont protect you.

However, most cops wont think twice about some poppies in a garden, most garden shops wont think twice about selling you fine ornamental somni seeds, and if you have some pods in a flower arrangement and a cop is invited to dinner, he probably wont freak out on you.

If you have a bunch of bongs laying around, they could theoretically bust you just for having them without having to prove intent.

At least thats true federally. Local ordinances could be different.

The longer acting the opiate, the longer the WDs.

Pods, from what I hear, are some of the worst for WDs, next to Methadone. Of course you have more leeway in your dosing before they really start to kick in....if you maintain your habit you wont experience anxiety from WDs so often, but it can be severe and very long lasting.

I've only experienced full WD from pods once or twice. Since then, I've never let it get to that point. It was quite severe. Debilitating, morbidly depressing. That was four years ago. I can only imagine how bad it would be now. I feel the nascent effects of it sometimes when I wake up. It's so hard to get out of bed and be around people then. Get in a dose and within an hour I feel like a million bucks again. I'm not looking forward to the weeks of when I quit. I keep hearing people say it's almost as bad as methadone WD. That's not comforting at all.LOL. Rough times ahead. I picked the wrong opiate.

Poppy tea W/D is definitely the worst opiate withdrawal I've ever had. At the time I had the worst case of sore throat in my life and the doctors didn't believe me that it was the worst pain I've ever had, freak virus. But I had to make tea to survive the week, but when the end of the week came and I stopped. I couldn't move at all for a day or two or it felt like someone literally hammering a nail into my skull. You're not just developing physical dependence to one alkaloid but many, affecting a wide variety of opiate receptors when compared to one alkaloid.

This thread is really inspiring. I never knew they were so good.

Last edited:
Why does poppy pod tea, give a longer half life? Shouldn't it be the same as IR morphine?

I would literally have to drink like 30 large pods worth tofeel anything and I dont thank I could stomach it

Ok can somone answer my question, why is the poppy pod tea half life so long. Shouldn't it be about the same as morphine? Is it because it's a crushed pod, and all the other matter? Or what?

well, there are a lot of alkaloids in there, that could be the reason.
And yes.

PPT is worth it... sort of. it's worth the high, it's worth the taste, it's worth the feel, it's worth all of that until you have to stop. Plan your stop, step down slowly before you quit, do NOT rely on the usps to get you your next dose before you go into WD. Watch your self, like all addictions, you don't realize it's a problem until you've got the chills and your shitting your-self at 2am, or you've stolen your mom's credit card to get more. Remember, a few weeks before you bought this "ornamental dried flower", it was the same thing they were making heroin out of. You know all those movies you've seen with people going through heroin WD? it's way worse then that (and yes I've been through both). So yeah, enjoy it, but enjoy it carefully, because I've been everywhere it post says I've been and then some.

-Loop

Last edited:
Decided to create an account to share my views/experiances.

Currently about 4 fifths of my way through a half kilo of pods although I've been lucky and have a low tolerance still, I normally just use the hot water with lemon juice and a dash of alcohol (vodka) and whizz everything up in a food blender then sieve through a cheap cloth purposly bought from a supermarket.

My latest adventures have involved me using codeine 256mg via CWE and between 3 and 4 large pods making about a pint of tea and I have to say it really helps bringing on nods really well although I wouldn't recomend it if you don't know if your tolerence will allow for it.

The best experiance I have had was half a pint of my friends 10 pod tea along with a 470mg dose of DHC (stupid dose considering I was used to using 250mg DHC at this point) needless to say I was ballcrunchingly high to the point where I felt like I had smoked big blob of fent.

I must say I am not looking forward to the withdrawals especially after my last set from dosing on fent every waking moment for 3 weeks (Damn good 3 weeks mind you).

To anyone suffering from withdrawals just try and keep yourself busy apparantly pot helps but I myself hate pot. Also keep up your vitamin C and seretonin levels.

My #1 DOC: Poppy Pod Tea (from a decent batch of pods)

#1 worst fucking WD's I have ever endured (Oh so long too) : Poppy Pod Tea (Grounds included in tea)

(But this Loperamide stuff is a lifesaver soooo, POPPY POD TEA IT UP!)

danger! Danger!

This shit os no fucking joke.........at all!!!!. More powerful that oc, codiene, morphene pills, vicoden, and percocet.

I'm 26 years old, from seattle, wa.

About 5 months ago i tried poppy pod tea for the first time. I got my pods from a friend who got them on ebay. Holy shit. This shit makes you high as fuck. I was instantly addicted. It started off here and there. Then it was every other day. Then it was everyday. Next thing i knew i was 100% addicted. I kept telling myself, i'll quit tomorrow. But i had read horror stories on the internet about the withdraw symptoms, so i kept putting it off and putting it off.

Unlike other people that say it's a sedative, i found that it (5-7 jumbo pods. Danger! Do not attempt - i had a very high tolerance!) gave me a rush and i could work 130% all day long. Getting all my projects done and more. Getting everything perfectly clean and spick & span and squared away - and halving lots of fun doing it. Kinda like a crackhead.

Then my tolerance started to go up. I needed more pods and the high kept getting shorter and shorter. (warning run on sentence - i suck at grammer) before i knew it i was setting my alarm an hour before i was supposed to get up, so i could drink the tea, so that by the time i did wake up, the high was already in full effect. I did this because i would be having withdraws that morning if i didn't drink it. Wtf ru serious. So the cycle continued.

About 4 months in, things started happening like summer family plans. I started making excuses on why i didn't want to go on vacation and stuff because - after all - how am i going to make my tea and drink it with everyone around me. On my only vacation (a two day golf trip) i had made my tea in advance. I drank my tea for the first day and took some tea with me for the second day. The next morning, while everyone was sleeping, i snuck into the bathroom to drink my full nalgene bottle's worth of tea. I opened the bottle and, gross, the tea had started to ferment. I started to panic. Will it still get me high? Does it have ecoli or something. I didn't care i had to try it, so i pounded the whole bottle as fast as i could, went back to bed, and got high. At that point it was official. I have a serious problem.

Over the next month i started to wake up. I started craving about 10 pods a day and i started running out of money to buy them. Ok now its seriously serious. I need to quit. I rarely wanted to go anywhere or do anything except hang out with my tools and computer all day, high off my ass. I stopped calling my friends and family and became a hermit crab. I realized i was living like a zombie with my life dedicated to a substance.

Reality sets in. It's time to quit. I plan on quitting. I have to do it now. I've read of the horror stories. It terrifies me. My plan was to quit two weekends ago but my brother had a unexpected trip with his girl, so i put it off. I wanted someone around in case i die. Then it came. Zero hour. Friday morning, the last drink of the tea. Saturday's going to suck. I'll just tuff it out over the weekend. I'll be better on monday. Wrong!

Here are the details of my detox. Before reading this realize that is possible.

Zero hour, friday: Got high for the last time with a 10 pod batch. Tomorrows going to suck.

Detox day 1, saturday: Wake up super depressed and with lots of back pain. I'm am incredibly tired but there's too much pain and restlessness to sleep. I have extremely hyper active arms making it 10 times worse - almost unbearable. Showering helps but only for a minute. The depression, restlessness and mild hallucinations/confusion make it even worse. At one point i found myself outside walking down the street in the freezing cold - i must have figured that was my only option to keep from going insane. I must have squirmed in and out of bed 150 times. I go through about 2 grams of chronic but that does nothing to ease the pain.

Day 2, sunday: The same as saturday but worse. I can't sleep or rest even though i and extremely tired. My hyperactive arms are literally driving me nuts. I feel like i'm and a straight jacket. My arms are shooting out from my body in a panic but moving them around doesn't really help. It and almost indescribable feeling and the worst part of the whole detox. I tried heating pads, hand massagers and even putting rubber bands around my arms to try and numb them - thats right. The only thing that help was a freezing cold shower. That would calm my nerves enough to lay down and get 20 minutes sleep before waking up with hyperactive arms again. The cycle continued into early monday with about 20 freezing cold showers - one every 20 to 40 minutes. I tried laying down in the car, outside on the ground, in the motor home - nothing came even close to helping me rest. I go through 2 more grams of marijuana but it really does nothing but maybe take 2-5% of the edge off. Probably the most painful day of my life - but do-able.

Day 3, monday: About 7 am , in a dazed confusion i get up and drive 1 hour to my dad's house because he's out of town and i know he has a couple of percocet. His house is in the country making it a little easier to rest. Any noises, like a car down the street, are extremely annoying and make the symptoms more unbearable. At about 10 am i take 2 percocet, feel absolutely nothng, but am able to sleep 3 hours. In the after noon i take 2 more percocet, feel absolutely nothing but it takes the depression down a notch for a coupe hours. I watch a little fox news. I make the false statement that i think its getting better. In the evening the restlessness and hyperactive arms return and i continue to take cold showers but it's not really working. Still smoking weed, it really doesn't help but i think that it is necessary.

Day 4, tuesday: Early at about 2 am i can't take the hyperactive arms, legs, and insomnia anymore. I break down and take the last 2 vicoden. Luckily i fall asleep for 6 hours (the most to date) and wake up at around 11 am. Still in pain and restless - i go from the couch, to the bed, to the shower and repeat all three every 20 minutes for most of the day. At about 6pm i decide to drive to the store to buy some beer maybe that will help. While out i get a bug up my ass. Consciousness starts to come back and i start to feel like a human again. I drive around listening to music in the country for a couple of hours. I feel like a kid again smelling things and seeing colors that i haven't experienced in a long time. It's really hard to explain. After that i figured i blew off some energy and will be able to rest for a little bit. Wrong. I decide to drive to my brothers to hang out for a bit. I feel alright on the drive but by the time i get there i'm exhausted and turn around and go back to my dad's house right away. The night is a blur of insomnia, hot and cold showers, hyperactive arms, and back pain.

Day 5, wednesday: I feel like i have the flu. I'm trying to force myself to be active but over heat and become exhausted in a matter of minutes. I leave my dad's place and drive home. After driving home and drinking 2 rockstars i nerd out for a few hours on the computer. Surely i will be able to sleep tonight. Wrong. The night is a cycle of hyperactive arms, insomnia, and showers. The cold showers no longer do the trick i find myself sitting down in the warm shower for what seamed like hours at a time just to get through the night.

Day 6, thursday: After no sleep, i go buy some bananas and multi vitamins at about noon. Seriously exhausted from almost a week with no sleep i lay down in the afternoon tired as fuck and try to go to sleep. I'll give you a wild guess what happens. Tossing and turning and back pain. God dammit. In the early evening i get up and force myself to do some chores and blow of some energy that i don't have. I can't believe how long it's taking, i have a wedding rehearsal tomorrow. I thought for sure i would be better by now - but i'm not. I still really can't relax, the night is a blur of 10 minute showers every hour. At this point i have a folding metal chair in the shower - thats right. At some point in the night a got about 2.5 hours of sleep. Still smoking weed.

Day 7, friday: I feel like shit in the morning. Fuck i have a wedding rehearsal today. On my way to the rehearsal i get and energy bug up my ass. I feel good and have a great time at the rehearsal and the following dinner. My adrenaline must have been pumping from the excitement of seeing a number of friends and class mates (hotties) that i hadn't seen in years. Surely with all this energy use i'll get some sleep tonight. Not really, maybe 3 hours of sleep and six showers.

Day 8, saturday: Wedding day, fuck i have to dress up. At least we get to wear sandals. I feel like shit in the morning but as i wake up and make my way to the wedding (with the help of a red bull) i start to perk up. The wedding is a blast only bad part was the actual wedding where i had to stand there, head straight, left hand over right for about 35 minutes. The reception was even more fun. I had a couple of beers and was feeling pretty fuckin good. I busted some moves on the dance floor. I felt about 90%. After the reception was the after party. I drank a bunch more beers and did a couple lines of coke. At this point i was care free - until the sun started coming up. After an hour of trying to sleep at the party house i got up and drove home (probably shouldn't have, but oh well). With a belly full of beer i slept for about 5 hours. Thank god.

Day 9, sunday: I'm a little hung over and tired but i get myself out of bed and meet my brothers at the horse races for some gambling, beer and pizza. After a beer and a slice of pizza i feel pretty good but start to burn out in the evening. Fuck, i have go back to work tomorrow. I still have masive insomnia. I bought some benedryl but it really didn't work. I get about an hours sleep and take a bunch of - you guessed it - showers.

Day 10, monday: I force myself up at 8 am and drive a hour to work. I get a little work done (random construction and demo on a building we are converting to a school) but am exhausted and sweating profusely. I take off early and head home. I get a call in the even from a friend with 2 free mariners tickets. My brother and i grab a bottle of vodka and head to the game. Buy the time we get to the game we are pretty wasted and have a good time. After the game we go home and luckily the vodka helps me sleep. I get about 5 hours sleep.

Day 11, tuesday (today): I force myself up at 8 am again and go to work. Still get tired pretty easily and sweat a lot but some of that could be from a slight vodka hangover. I took off a couple hours early. That was a couple of hours ago. I hope i can sleep more tonight. I thing the lack of sleep is what's dragging out the detox. I wish i had have had some ambien or something i swear that would have made things earlier. I'm still a little tired and sweat a little but it's getting better. I'd say i'm at 60-70%. Hopefully by the weekend i'll be 90-100%

the point of my long (past and present tense mixed) story is that if i can do it, you can to. I spent a couple days in hell and a few next to it, but i did it. Cold turkey. Beside a few of percocet, a bottle of tylenol, and some prayers it was "el natural". I even had a brand new box of pods the whole time. So obviously it wasn't bad enough to break down and make a bathtub full of pod tea. I really, really wanted to quit and gave it 120%. When things were at its worst i thought about making some tea. But then all my pain would have been for nothing. Thats what kept me going, i know that sooner or later (turned out to be later) it would be over.

Hope this helps. Detox now, every month that goes by will make it that much harder. I was only on the shit for 4 months and look what i went through (arrow pointing up) to kick it. Ya you could gradually detox but why drag it out and feel 50% for weeks and weeks on end.

Remember you can do it but you have to really, really, want to.

The end (sorry for all the caps and typos)

all due respect,man,but that wasnt kicking naturally. You had percocet and tylenol. Thats not cold turkey. Anyway, i may be wrong but i find this story quite hard to believe. Ten days is a long time to be withdrawing from any opiate really. Ive done heroin withdrawal shitloads of times and was never that bad at its very worse. All i can say is if all this is true you mustve been doing a fucking shedload of pods on a daily basis. How many do you need to get high anyway? I thought it took about ten or more.

all due respect,man,but that wasnt kicking naturally. You had percocet and tylenol. Thats not cold turkey. Anyway, i may be wrong but i find this story quite hard to believe. Ten days is a long time to be withdrawing from any opiate really. Ive done heroin withdrawal shitloads of times and was never that bad at its very worse. All i can say is if all this is true you mustve been doing a fucking shedload of pods on a daily basis. How many do you need to get high anyway? I thought it took about ten or more.

He took like 5 percocet and a few vicodin..that's pretty damn close to all natural, way more than using bupe or methadone or tapering. And why is his story hard to believe? And why would you even say that? Are you accusing him of lying? What would inspire someone to write a post like that if it wasn't true? If you've experienced heroin withdrawal and it was never that bad, you've never really experienced heroin withdrawal.

Status
Not open for further replies.