• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is poppy pod tea worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be carefull. They are very strong. 1 Tablespoon powdered pods mixed with water can knock my husband on his ass8o. He has tried heroin before and thinks pods are very strong. He only needs a swallow of my tea and he's good to go. Pods are totally worth it. Much cheaper than pills. It can be as strong as you want to make it. Plus it has more than just morphine. It has morphine, codiene, theabine, paperavine, and more. Some uppers, some downers. Makes me have energy to work, and be really happy while doing it. I wouldn't use pods unless you already have a pills or heroin habit. If you don't then leave this shit alone, you don't want to get hooked. But if you are already using other opiates it is a much better choice. Pill are teribble for your liver and heroin can ruin your life. Pods aren't bad for you at all but they are really addictive, like any opiate. When I started I was taking 10-20 mgs of vicodin several times a day. With pods I can dose 1-4 tablespoon powder pods once in the morning and be good all day. No roller coaster effect like pills and heroin. Not that I have ever done heroin, just what I have heard. I would say that 1 tablespoon of my pods would be like 20 -30 mgs vicodin. I don't even know how many pills I would need now. I tried a couple norco 10mgs when I was sick and didn't want nasty tea. It didn't do anything for me. So stay away from pods unless you are ready to keep buying them. Withrawal is hell. My knees and back hurt so bad I was crying. That was only after one day. I wasn't even trying to stop using, I was just too sick to keep down any tea. So I went into withdrawal,. It's no joke this stuff is strong. But it isn't socially devistating the way heroin is. You can still hold a job and raise your kids. It makes my happy, loving, and ready to work. Someone said 1 tablespoon grpound pods weighs 2.4 grams. So accourding to that I take anywhere from 2.4 to 9.6 grams, depending on how I want to feel. But I have a tolerance built up. I would start with a teaspoon the first time and work up if needed. Please be safe, we don't want any bad media attention.

^ Welcome to BL :)

Pods aren't necessarily safer to use than pharmaceuticals. For one thing, you have no idea of the dose. This risk can be reduced but not eliminated. Pods can also be treated which means you're drinking a lot of nasty chemicals.

You're right, pods do contain a lot of alkaloids but you don't want them all. Some are inactive, some are harmful. Thebaine has no recreational potential, and can be lethal (think painful, strychnine-like death).

It's possible to get high from pods but it's certainly not without risk. Does this make it 'worth it'? Up to you I guess :)

I personally love pods and prefer them to hydrocodone and oxycodone, I was recently in a car accident where I was prescribed ample amounts of both (hydrocodone/oxycodone) and I found myself going to the pods for relief. They lasted the longest and took away the pain the best for me, I saved the vics and oxys for times when I was out and about and it wasn't convenient to make the tea. (even though I usually just drink the grounds with grapefruit juice, fairly easy to prepare)

It did take me a while to find the recipe that works for me, but now that I found it it is my favorite opiate and I've tried them all except heroin and methadone. The problem is I like them a bit too much, I can get very euphoric from them and they are so easy to get that I have to be really careful not to spend money I don't have on them. They can give me energy when taken early in the day as well as make me nod out in high doses. It's key that you find a reliable supplier, and keep a close eye on them, they can easily take over your whole life before you know it.

Basically, if you haven't tried them don't, you may like them and end up with a habit like me, the withdrawals are hell, I don't even want to quit so I just try to keep a minimum daily dose and up the amount when I have the time and resources to do so.

Don't Try Them if you're not already familiar with opiates, I was completely surprised when I found I preferred them to oxy and vicodin. The first time I tried them I was amazed, I had a full on morphine buzz from some plants I received in the mail, I've had some off periods since my initial exposure, but basically I've been using them daily for the better part of 2 years. When I was in the emergency room recently and they shot me up with morphine I have to say the shot paled in comparison to the tea. Respect the tea, it is strong when prepared right. Not everybody loves it, maybe if I had experience with Heroin or something I'd have a different opinion.

Well, that's my two cents.

I would prefer oxycodone over pods, but pods are cheaper and more accessible for me. A small dose of DXM and four pods sedates me to the point where I can curl up and read a book with some music on and feel completely blissful. I feel great the morning after and could run several miles without a problem.

I drink the tea every other day. Even with my dose, which isn't astronomically large, I feel like crap on the day before I take my dose. Chills, feeling tired, yawning, sometimes runny nose. Then I feel great for an evening and for the day after that, and the cycle repeats itself.

Wouldn't most anyone prefer a pure, potent and compact pharaceutical agent that gives very similar effects over the big and clumsy organic one? I honestly love the pod high so much, and prefer it to most opiates, it's just some of the other alkaloids in it that aren't psychoactive but help clog up the intestines even more can be annoying, nothing some stool-softeners or laxatives can't fix at the right doses. I agree most with what zdawg said though about how their best just once in a while like some good spirits, but then again this can be said about most any other opiate...what he said though I tie to this though more because when you devlope a fat tolerance it becomes far less cost effective than others ways to get opiates in you because of how much you have to dose for the price (durh) and the weight..you end up ingesting so much plant material for such a ecomoic cost that you might as well be shooting H, etc. Also the extent that you get undesired side-effects like constipation and histamine release are increase so much more than pharmaceuticals and more purified opiates/oids. In the end though it's just like eating opium, the high that is. There's nothing that's as good, just like you can't compair anything else to cannabis. Not even pure THC is as good.

I must say I am very proud of Guyrodreguez. I have been on poppy pod tea for almost a year and have been trying to stop many many times. I'm not new to this addiction. I was on Oxyconin and Percs for 7 years about 180mg a day and then had to stop cold turkey because of probation.....it was weeks of living HELL! I then found a new addition in fentanyl analogs which were even worse to get off of than Oxy's.....I ended up in the hospital for weeks. I'm now using Poppy tea and only have to drink one a day (about 5-7 pods).....I know this does not help my addition but I am very proud of myself for the restraint of only drinking one a day for a year. I know I can stop cold turkey and go through the withdraw, but I will be back again in a few weeks or months. This is the sad reallity of a true addict. I don't smoke and I don't drink, but for some reason I am drawn to opiates. I pray everyday for help.

If you are able to drink some Poppy pod tea and not crave it the next day....then you are prob gonna be OK. But don't start up the slow line of addiction with poppy pod tea....then it will lead to poppin pills.....then more tea.....then the train gets going and there is no stopping it.

My advice is to not start if you haven't already. As I stated earlier in this thread I use it everyday, mostly as maintenance, and I usually enjoy it but it comes with a price. It's better than a lot of things in my opinion but Addiction Sucks! and if Lady Papaver is going to be the one that hooks you it's best to avoid her all together.

Maybe, maybe not.

While I'm well aware that yet another warning is not only redundant, but most likely useless anyways, I just can't pass idly by. .

. but I'll start by saying that poppy pod tea is, all in all, pretty amazing in my humble opinion. Not only does it give you a powerful opiate buzz (given the right pods and dosage, of course), but the half-life is simply ridiculous. Back in the honeymoon phase I could down a cup at 9PM and still be in a romping good mood at work the next day.

*however*, it's the half-life that gets you in the end. When you can maintain a mild-to-strong opiate buzz for hours, days and weeks on end with (at least in the beginning) relatively little product, you should *know* you're asking for trouble.

I spent about two years, give or a take a couple of months, going through (during my peak usage - about the last year and a half of those two) 20-25 "XL" "Arizona Purples" every day/two days (reheating used poppy straw is a great way to get the most "bang for your buck," I'd estimate that a batch only loses about 50% of its potency when it's refilled with water and heated [mildly] a second time [about the strength of the stems, which can also be used], decreasing maybe another 25% when used for a third batch).

Let's just say that I experienced *significant* and *prolonged* withdrawal symptoms once I chose to end my relationship with the Lady of the Flower. I'm now about three weeks out from my last dose and STILL experiencing minor withdrawal symptoms (upper-back pain, the runs). The absolute worst part, though, is the cold-water plunge back into reality after two years of almost non-stop euphoria. With short-acting opiates you spend at least *some* of the time "sober" (or so I've heard).

So to bring this long-winded warning to a close, I'm not going to tell you not to use them - if you're experiencing WD symptoms then nothing anyone says is going to stop you from taking relief anywhere you can find it. Just know that poppy pod tea is not a miracle drug. Use it too long and there *will* be consequences. Some say that taking a day or two off between doses helps to ward away the potential for dope sickness. I disagree. For most people the WD symptoms don't even *start* until the second day without a dose.

There, you've been properly warned (again). By all means, use them to kick the junk (congrats and good job, by the way), but how long does H WD last anyways? Three days to a week for the physical symptoms to subside? Use them those days then do a quick taper and never look back. Trying to use the pods to assuage your psyche for any length of time after that will put you right back into the pain you've experienced in withdrawal (and keep you there longer next time, too).

(I know this is an old thread, but late lurkers gotta learn too)

I sincerely wish that poppy tea worked on me. It doesn't really get me off. Neither does chasing the dragon. Not in comparison to railing an oxy. There is nothing to compare to that for me personally and I am very jealous of people who can get high from the tea. I really tried it all different ways trying to get that nod going but it almost seems like I am immune to it or something. It sucks though.

How do you make poppy pod tea? And where can you buy the poppy? Any particular "type" of pod?

How does it compare to say oxycodone or hydrocodone? Can you nod on PPT? Or is it only marginally more potent than codeine?

Oh yeah, and where can you get an enema bag?

it is worth i for both pain and euphoria. dosing can be hard given the wide variability of pods. this is why pills are lovely because you can take a precise dose. it has definitely made me nod and also nauseaus and itchy etc..al the typical opiate side effects. be warned though...ive heard many times pod tea is a wickedly addictive drink and w/d's are horriffic because you are in essence withdrawaling from all active constituents in poppies. save it for a random treat rather than a habit.

enema bag? any chain pharamacy should carry these ie walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid. if your using enemas for opiate related constipation (just guessing), i highlt reccomend a stool softener(Metamucil or Ducolax) in combo with a stimulant laxative (Ex-lax). Enemas destroy your lower digestive tract and takes awhile to recover. Save for last resort if the laxatives dont work. Be warned though...Ex-Lax can feel like that awful cramping you get when you have diarhea and you will run to the toilet just as fast. TMI, i know. be safe.

Fletchacet

How do you make poppy pod tea? And where can you buy the poppy? Any particular "type" of pod?

Google recipes and also sources. There are many many many ways people make their tea and each will swear their's is the best, so it will be up to you to find out which is your personal favorite. I know this doesnt answer your question, but there amount of info out there is staggering and i think you would actually enjoy picking a method than someone just giving you their personal choice. PM me if you want my method, otherwise have fun! be safe.

Fletchacet

is that only for rectal administration or orally should the ph be at a certain level? or does the stomach acid change everything too?

i notice taking antacids or drinking soy milk (which has lots of calcium carbonate added ususall) really helps absorption as does grapefruit juice or just whole grapefruits with lots of rind still on them.

antiacids? do they really help? i was also told that adding lemon juice to the brew helps more morphine extract or something, this true?

A word to the wise:

BE FUCKING CAREFULL!

it started out two weeks ago. I got a SMS from a friend asking me how much he should dose for a first time opiate naive experience. I told him one ground teaspoon, just to be safe. He laughed at me.

I just had a nervous feeling that night, i don't know why. something about my friend experimenting with pods without ME being present screamed ludacris. Either way, i get another SMS telling me he just ate 5 pods in total.

Bing bing bing we got a MORON!
I jump in my car and drive the 45 km as fast as i safely can, and by the time i get to his house about two hours have passed. When i knock on the door, nobody opened or responded. I go to boot down the door, just to find my friend nodding hard in a chair, with vomit in his lap. Either way, his vitals were fine, but i could not get him to come back to consciousness.
So i go position him in a way that if he slips unconscious he will not choke on his own vomit / tongue. I sit there and watch him for another hour, hoping he will come by and snap out of it. Big mistake, after about an hour or so his breathing got fainter and fainter, and eventually stopped. I was prepared for this, call the paramedics over while doing mouth to mouth while hiding evidence of drug use around the house.

When the medics got there i told them he had a strong dose of opiates and i found him like this. No further investigations, a 350$ hospital bill to pay, and one friend that is alive now.

Seeing this thread i just have to urge people to not take it lightly. Dose CAREFULLY until you know how much affects you how.
My friend could have died if i would have been just as careless as he was.

Great information here.

I am curious about the proper dosage when ADDING it to a pain regimen when your pain is being under treated by a doctor who thinks he is helping you by leaving you in pain, only to force you to self medicate in a way that is ultimately a lot more dangerous but effective.

How exactly does cross tolerance work out with pods?

A word to the wise:

BE FUCKING CAREFULL!

it started out two weeks ago. I got a SMS from a friend asking me how much he should dose for a first time opiate naive experience. I told him one ground teaspoon, just to be safe. He laughed at me.

I just had a nervous feeling that night, i don't know why. something about my friend experimenting with pods without ME being present screamed ludacris. Either way, i get another SMS telling me he just ate 5 pods in total.

Bing bing bing we got a MORON!
I jump in my car and drive the 45 km as fast as i safely can, and by the time i get to his house about two hours have passed. When i knock on the door, nobody opened or responded. I go to boot down the door, just to find my friend nodding hard in a chair, with vomit in his lap. Either way, his vitals were fine, but i could not get him to come back to consciousness.
So i go position him in a way that if he slips unconscious he will not choke on his own vomit / tongue. I sit there and watch him for another hour, hoping he will come by and snap out of it. Big mistake, after about an hour or so his breathing got fainter and fainter, and eventually stopped. I was prepared for this, call the paramedics over while doing mouth to mouth while hiding evidence of drug use around the house.

When the medics got there i told them he had a strong dose of opiates and i found him like this. No further investigations, a 350$ hospital bill to pay, and one friend that is alive now.

Seeing this thread i just have to urge people to not take it lightly. Dose CAREFULLY until you know how much affects you how.
My friend could have died if i would have been just as careless as he was.

Good job on saving your friends life. Really. He owes his life to you. What did he have to say about it and to you in the aftermath?

Can you ask him to post up something himself?

This story is totally believable.

This stuff is dangerous. I've been using it for more then a year and I almost died and ended up in the ER about 3 weeks ago. It is particularly dangerous because of the slow absorption - if you chug some, your blood levels may not peak for 4+ hours afterwards, the long half life, and the 'benign,' or 'mild,' euphoria (can't tell if you've had too much until you're already passed out or can't control your breathing - and if you took it via tea orally - then you're fucked as it's still absorbing.) I have more to tell; I am planning to post again later.

PS - you don't hear on the media about ppl dieing from poppy tea overdose often? That's because most hospitals don't report it properly. And most family's don't know whats going on when the victim dies. This kills regularly. More on this later.

(I am still taking tea myself - don't try to take this as a random scare post)

edit: rave23, I had PM for you, but it wouldn't let me send due to my status. Just had a message for you if you can grant me status or have an email...
again, I'll be posting again about what happened with me and my experiences with the tea. There's much more to the story. HINT: I do have more reasons to be careful - something about unpredictable tolerance. I'll also provide advice on how to use it "safely," if that's even possible by your definition.

Last edited:
What about people who cant use it only sporadically, who need it for pain relief when their doctors turn their back on them?

Any advice for them?

Could Morphine, MS Contin, be used to stop WDs from pods?

Status
Not open for further replies.