• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Crank vs. Meth?

GentlemanLoser

Ex-Bluelighter
Now, from what I understand the stuff they lable "Crank" is different than actual meth. I've seen some nasty, grey-blueish crystals before that someone told me was meth, i turned it down. Then later I heard a story about a friend who lived in seattle. They gave their friend the 50$ worth of "Crank" they bought, and he tried it first, so everyone else could know if it was cool. Well, he sat and beat the shit out of a garage door for like an hour and a half. They didn't do any.
Whats the difference? Or are they something completely different?

Crank is usually what low-grade meth is called. It's usually cheaper, and much dirtier.
Dave

Furthering on Dave's statement, chemically, low-grade meth is usually...L-methamphetamine, as opposed to high grade-- the crystally, iced out d-meth.
The chemical information on this difference is really interesting, as are the differences in the physical/mental induced effects.
(coincidentally im watching Crystal Method's "name of the game" video, presently. What a tweekend.)
------------------
Everyone ends up kissing the wrong person goodnight... Andy Warhol
Our imagination flies; we are its shadow on the earth....Vladimir Nabokov
OoO Bi now, Gay later oOo

Ok, so what is the physical difference? In other words, WHAT makes crank/meth different?
-e

Furthering on Dave's statement, chemically, low-grade meth is usually...L-methamphetamine, as opposed to high grade-- the crystally, iced out d-meth.
It's all dl-meth. Crank vs. ice is just dealer vernacular to describe how something *looks* or hype some shit. It means nothing otherwis.e meth is meth. The impurities are rarely present in enough quanity to make a difference in effects, it's doseage that makes a difference.

Yup, its a potency issue. Crank is the end result of the synthesis. You have your methamphetamine, and any unsynthesised material, you can then cut it and make it even dirtier yet. Then there is glass...Pure methamphetamine is crystalized into crystal shards of pure concentrated methamphetamine. Shards are hard to cut with any other material, and are generally very very very pure. Probably the cleanest street drug you can get.
[This message has been edited by Deus121 (edited 24 July 2001).]