Bluelight

Thread: Crank vs. Meth?

1. Collapse Details
    Crank vs. Meth? 
    Question
    Now, from what I understand the stuff they lable "Crank" is different than actual meth. I've seen some nasty, grey-blueish crystals before that someone told me was meth, i turned it down. Then later I heard a story about a friend who lived in seattle. They gave their friend the 50$ worth of "Crank" they bought, and he tried it first, so everyone else could know if it was cool. Well, he sat and beat the shit out of a garage door for like an hour and a half. They didn't do any.
    Whats the difference? Or are they something completely different?

2. Collapse Details

Exclamation
    Crank is usually what low-grade meth is called. It's usually cheaper, and much dirtier.
    Dave

3. Collapse Details

Arrow
    Furthering on Dave's statement, chemically, low-grade meth is usually...L-methamphetamine, as opposed to high grade-- the crystally, iced out d-meth.
    The chemical information on this difference is really interesting, as are the differences in the physical/mental induced effects.
    (coincidentally im watching Crystal Method's "name of the game" video, presently. What a tweekend.)
    ------------------
    Everyone ends up kissing the wrong person goodnight... Andy Warhol
    Our imagination flies; we are its shadow on the earth....Vladimir Nabokov
    OoO Bi now, Gay later oOo

4. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Ok, so what is the physical difference? In other words, WHAT makes crank/meth different?
    -e

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada (orig. from PEI)
    Furthering on Dave's statement, chemically, low-grade meth is usually...L-methamphetamine, as opposed to high grade-- the crystally, iced out d-meth.
    It's all dl-meth. Crank vs. ice is just dealer vernacular to describe how something *looks* or hype some shit. It means nothing otherwis.e meth is meth. The impurities are rarely present in enough quanity to make a difference in effects, it's doseage that makes a difference.

6. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Lightbulb
    Crank vs Meth is dealer shit.
    Ice should be 4-Methylaminorex.

7. Collapse Details

Yup, its a potency issue. Crank is the end result of the synthesis. You have your methamphetamine, and any unsynthesised material, you can then cut it and make it even dirtier yet. Then there is glass...Pure methamphetamine is crystalized into crystal shards of pure concentrated methamphetamine. Shards are hard to cut with any other material, and are generally very very very pure. Probably the cleanest street drug you can get.
    [This message has been edited by Deus121 (edited 24 July 2001).]