• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Post Pics Of Those Who Died From Drugs

Dara Quigley

The brightest mind in journalism, a woman who overcame the most harrowing abuses both mental and physical, kicking her way through a realm of addictions that have beaten the strongest men. Her voice was strident, powerful, her writing a vehicle for change both at home and abroad. A warm and funny individual with a few close friends and a great many admirers, her reputation grew at such an alraming rate that she soon became a threat to national security. Bullied, derided, harrassed, humiliated and denigrated. Dead in her mid-thirties, publicly humiliated by police and public alike after a video of her arrest was captured in the CCTV room of Garda HQ in Dublin and shared on social media. Found in a lake, her apparent suicide blamed on cannabis psychosis. No answers given for the abuses she suffered at the hands of law and family alike.

12 April 2017. The world changed and will never be the same without you, in a worse way.

We remember you. A natural diamond.

Apologies moderators, thought this was a forum for those "we" have lost. Read the rules and realise I misinterpreted the meaning. Delete as you see fit, I can't figure out where to do it myself. - Nay

No problem, Naomi, thank you for the information. What a tragedy. Yes, pulling "cannabis psychosis" out of the hat was particularly cruel and hypocritical. Any chance you could attach a photo? I'm merging this into the thread for remembering people that have died from drugs although that is perhaps not the direct cause here.

Jesus. I've stared death in the eyes several times during drug experiences only over the past 3 years as a result of my detrimental albeit common attitude towards drugs - go big or go home. And somehow, I still don't know if I've learned my lesson, having the most recent one of those experiences only last night with 15 pills in one sitting (pure and large dose). I'm the kind of guy who'd get the "Most Likely To Overdose" award in the high-school yearbook.

So with that said, this thread really gives my head a shake, presenting the very real risks I take when choosing to dance with the devil.

Bro, please seek help. I am not saying this to be a prick, but get help. I had two close calls with MDMA. I found out I am allergic to it. I puke and choke on it. It's too bad because it helped me but I can't use it. I am done with drugs. It isn't worth it. There are a lot of good things you can get addicted to like a healthy hobby, working out (w/o using steroids), learning, etc etc.

I really hope you can help. You "next dance with the devil" could be the last. Drugs aren't worth it. Choose life.

Mathew caillen Brittain. Sucks your gone man. You won't be forgotten

I lost my very best friend Linda C December 23, 1997, from an overdose of heroin and Klonipin. She was breathing when she went to bed but died some time in the night. Her house was locked so they had to put her little grand-daughter through the window to unlock the door. She was the first person to see her beloved Nana dead. We had been using together so I blamed myself for years. Still do, sometimes. I was saved from death so many times, so many ways. I thought it should have been me there, because Linda was funny and warm and loved everybody, and such a better person than me. I always feel like nobody would have really minded if I had died, although now that I'm reunited with my family I know that's not true. I have many more deaths that I could list, but I won't. I wish I knew why some people died and others survived. The circumstances of an addict's death are always so tragic, you know?

My brother died five months ago, age 27, shoot him self with something what was supposed to be coke, but was a bad deal, cut with methadone and some other pills. He was actually sober for some time, used to IV heroin, then was on meth or just mix of all stuff possible.
Then he got clean, seemed more stable then ever, wanted to have some fun that night, got some coke and died.
It seems we can?t run from it... and for me, I couldn?t deal with it sober, still fighting my addiction. Plus the blame, after we lose someone we love we realize all we could do, all we didn?t do, and sometimes we realize how much we love that person.

I'm on year 5 of the loss of my dear boyfriend Curtis. The blame game is the hardest to fight and win within our self. It will forever be there and some days will be better then others. Just know...... that your friends and loved ones are there for you. Reach out to them if you need. I too am forever changed because of this death. <3
photo.php
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152608451168356&l=363d3fb6a8

Last edited:
I will not post pictures of my friends that have passed away. May they rest in peace on the shrine.

I guess it's my own naiveté, but I never thought about how many suicides were drug related (not overdosing on the drug, but killing oneself because one cannot deal with addiction). I wish some of these people tried treatment before taking such a drastic step. :(

Sorry to all those who have lost.
Same here. That same thought dawned on me after I watched a documentary called Reindeerspotting: Escape from Santaland. Just an insane documentary about this little town thats full of junky kids that shoot subutex and how its ruining their lives and the town. After I watched it, I did some Googling, and, if I remember correctly, the producer of the documentary was actually the guy bringing in the Subutex and selling it to these kids. So he was getting them all hooked on this shit (getting rich), then filming how much its fucked their lives up (getting rich again). I was curious about if the main kid in the documentary got clean or not when the producer got locked up, and he actually ended up hanging himself, and I saw a picture of him hanging from a rope he tied to a fece. Kinda blew my mind. Theres a special place in hell for that asshole producer.

Kevin Dunne - 23 Years Old. Battled with heroin addiction, was going through withdrawls and things got to much on day 3. Hung himself in the construction site next to his parent's home. R.I.Paradise bro.

Andy B. 27
Likely heroin overdose/probable suicide. First dude I ever shot up with. Was homeless with him back in the day. Unfortunately he never made it off the streets. Really talented beatboxer and artist and heroin took it all away. I remember he got clean back in 2016 around the same time I did and was posting quite a bit on Facebook. Then he disappeared and some of his last posts (months to years apart) were asking for money/food or a ride to go boost. Then I heard he died. Really sad and eye-opening at the same time. It’s part of what started my current attempt to get clean.

Jeremy aka Blu with his fiancee Rebbecca. True cause of death is unknown, but he died in his sleep with a very high amount of opiates in his system.

l_8306ccb1c5ee17a5deb07cd9e7d8daaf.jpg
This is the first time I've addressed you directly here on bluelight, Jeremy.

I fucking miss you man.